Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Where's the bad loser. That's an honest account of how upto 60 minutes we were well in it and could have put it to bed but ultimately we weren't good enough, and as it stands, due to our poor defence n goalie we won't win the Premier unless Pep sorts that out.

maybe pep needs sorting out.when you drop the likes of an england international goalie who seems the best or at least one of them,

then he is asking to be criticized.they are lacking in confidence.

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Referee was extremely poor all afternoon and Luiz shouldn't have been on the pitch after 30 ish minutes

You were mugged by the ref and Chelsea,the foul on Hazard by Fernandinho in the second minute where he raked his achilles ( not saying it was intentional,only he knows) went unpunished by the ref,many other similar incidents by both teams during the match,nasty niggly late tackles,Aguero got done the same way but the turning point was Luiz,s foul on the same player,he should have walked without a doubt and Taylor bottled it.

Kdb,s miss will haunt him,City,s keeper as I,ve said on here before is a joke.

Aguero completely lost the plot at the end,but to be honest I fully understand his frustration as Luiz once again did him seconds earlier at a corner,dirty sneaky so and so (come back Mick Harford as he would sort Luiz out) of course ref not seeing once again.

City now (and possibly Chelsea but not too sure about their involvement at the end) must get points deducted same as the infamous United V Arsenal game from a few years back.

From what games I have seen this season my conclusion is that refereeing standards are abysmal  :sad:

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

You were mugged by the ref and Chelsea,the foul on Hazard by Fernandinho in the second minute where he raked his achilles ( not saying it was intentional,only he knows) went unpunished by the ref,many other similar incidents by both teams during the match,nasty niggly late tackles,Aguero got done the same way but the turning point was Luiz,s foul on the same player,he should have walked without a doubt and Taylor bottled it.

Kdb,s miss will haunt him,City,s keeper as I,ve said on here before is a joke.

Aguero completely lost the plot at the end,but to be honest I fully understand his frustration as Luiz once again did him seconds earlier at a corner,dirty sneaky so and so (come back Mick Harford as he would sort Luiz out) of course ref not seeing once again.

City now (and possibly Chelsea but not too sure about their involvement at the end) must get points deducted same as the infamous United V Arsenal game from a few years back.

From what games I have seen this season my conclusion is that refereeing standards are abysmal  :sad:

Yes deduct them both 15 points, second thoughts just round it up to 20 :biggrin:

• Like 2

KDB's miss was the turning point. He might as well have gone home after that. When it gets tough he goes missing. Shows how poor the German league is and that Chelsea were right to ditch him. Ditto Sane. Silva doesn't have the heart to battle it out either.

". Shows how poor the German league is and that Chelsea were right to ditch him. Ditto Sane. Silva doesn't have the heart to battle it out either."

Don't watch us or football very often then if you don't rate KDB.

Sane hasn't been in form, was given an unusual role of playing wrong side and negatimg Moses which I thought he did really well (and better than Clichy) and he looked lively after the break - I would have subbed Navas not Sane.

Silva is a flair player, played two great balls over the top to Sane (Aguero should have scored - Dave blocked) and through to Aguero (Dave blocked); I'm not sure he's in there for battling.

3 hours ago, champers said:

KDB's miss was the turning point. He might as well have gone home after that. When it gets tough he goes missing. Shows how poor the German league is and that Chelsea were right to ditch him. Ditto Sane. Silva doesn't have the heart to battle it out either.

Yes KdB missed a sitter yesterday but us City fans who watch them week in, week out really rate him. Believe me, he had a bad day at the office yesterday but it was Chelsea's loss letting him go.

Sane's first season and just a young lad but showing lots of potential. He was screaming out to be given more of the ball yesterday and was doing a decent job on hin normal wrong side.

Don't know how you summised that of Silva

If the FA are consistent there will be more action following this fracas. After receiving a gentle push in the face,not a slap as reported by some, Fernadinho went looking for Fabregas and Fabregas was street smart enough to get pushed over without retailiating.You cant ,according to the current roles, touch anyone in the face so thats just one.there was also another Chelsea player pushing someone over.It was just handbags and frustration by players but the FA will act with further suspensions I would guess.

Anyone can miss a goal like Kd B did and while you might win a cup with Bravo you wont win a premiership.The shot from Willian was on target but a fair way out. Bravo just watched it go past him.He wouldn't rate in the top 10 of BPL keepers

It was handbags. If it was Barnet v Accrington no more would be said about it. The current punishments in force should be enough. The ref didn' miss anything, no blood spilt, no bones broken. Oh for the days of Frannie Lee and Norman Hunter.

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

If the FA are consistent there will be more action following this fracas. After receiving a gentle push in the face,not a slap as reported by some, Fernadinho went looking for Fabregas and Fabregas was street smart enough to get pushed over without retailiating.You cant ,according to the current roles, touch anyone in the face so thats just one.there was also another Chelsea player pushing someone over.It was just handbags and frustration by players but the FA will act with further suspensions I would guess.

Anyone can miss a goal like Kd B did and while you might win a cup with Bravo you wont win a premiership.The shot from Willian was on target but a fair way out. Bravo just watched it go past him.He wouldn't rate in the top 10 of BPL keepers

It was a slap, watch it again !  Fernandinho went looking for him :biggrin: he was standing in front of him,  did you wear glasses when you refereed Spark's ?

22 hours ago, StevieH said:

I'm happy to have missed that one. Lots of work for Pep.

How long has it been now that City have been so prone to getting killed on counter attacks ? Seems forever and little progress in fixing that. Not enough pace defensively. That has been my big complaint for a long time. Our centre-backs are inconsistent and now with little depth. Fullbacks fair to poor. Bravo a disappointment.  And with all our apparent attacking options we have been hit and miss. Not clinical.

I've been a fan of Pep since Barca, but to this point I'd have to say he has been too smart for his own good. Not his style, but I'd like to see him tighten up at the back and play a more basic attacking approach. Its not necessary to be a wizard at all times.

"the FA are consistent there will be more action following this fracas". Personally I would welcome it. I think apart from the 2 sendings off, Fabregas and the big young chelsea sub were booked. A few more were involved and Fabregas got off lightly though Fernandinho - out of character - completely lost it and our bench struggled to calm him he was so incensed.

"Bravo just watched it go past him.He wouldn't rate in the top 10 of BPL keepers". He seemed clueless how to react to the 3 goals and that wasn't the first time this season. Currently I don't rate him the best goalie at the Etihad (and I'm not including Joe Hart).

Still can't help thinking that during the 15 minutes after halftime we should have killed it, we had the possession and the chances, we didn't and then Pep was a bit naive pushing for the winner and leaving ourselves open to forwards faster than our defenders. Fair play to chelsea, they look a solid team and really were clinical with their chances.

On 3 ธันวาคม 2559 at 5:33 PM, mrbojangles said:

Getting a bit nervous now. I know it's early in the season still but this is a big 6 pointer.

A month or so ago I would have said that Chelsea's defence (especially when playing a back 3) was dodgy but they have tightened up and aren't letting goals in easily. Our defence is still iffy, so it's going to be down to who's strikers are most clinical in taking their chances.

great post Mr B/J,  exactly how it panned out,  how PEP  could throw out Hart,  for this Bravo clanger clown, is a mystery  to all and sundry, and he is arguably the best mngr in the business, my view is , that PEP  is finally  coming to grips ,how tough  this E.P.L. is, no match is forgone conclusion,as Bournemouth proved   y/day,he has been in the easy lane country.s managering, see how he handles the pressure coming up, and  by his antics on the sidelines last saturday, its getting to him, and his team followed right on cue

its a lovely morning to B/B and all

So 4 and 3 game bans for Aguero and Fernandinho. ..no complaints from me, both deserved.

Very disappointed not to see any retrospective action on Chalobah (who put Aguero down on the deck) and sneaky Fabregas (who slapped Fernandinho and kicked him off) - both only got yellows at the time. Also thought at the time Iheanacho was out of order and may have got a yellow; hopefully management will sort him out.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, alfieconn said:

It was a slap, watch it again !  Fernandinho went looking for him :biggrin: he was standing in front of him,  did you wear glasses when you refereed Spark's ?

Actually Mr Conn I wore contacts towards the end of my playing  career and a few years refereeing.

It may not have occured to you the reason you never see referees with glassses, if there is any rain around you will have a problem seeing anything.

Re Fabregas I, unlike yourself, dont have a slap- o -meter function on my TV to show force applied.For me it was about as violent as being hit by a 5 year old with a wet lettuce leaf.Any more impact, with todays footballers, Fernadinho would have gone to ground clutching his face and stayed there.

No he got sucked in by sneaky Fabregas and has paid the price. It was all about frustration from City players who had their chances to win, or at least get  a point, and blew it.

You should know a lot about the subject of frustration and the effect it can have on a persons behaviour.How long is it since your beloved Spurs won anything?  

I've forgotten but I bet you havent .:smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Actually Mr Conn I wore contacts towards the end of my playing  career and a few years refereeing.

It may not have occured to you the reason you never see referees with glassses, if there is any rain around you will have a problem seeing anything.

Re Fabregas I, unlike yourself, dont have a slap- o -meter function on my TV to show force applied.For me it was about as violent as being hit by a 5 year old with a wet lettuce leaf.Any more impact, with todays footballers, Fernadinho would have gone to ground clutching his face and stayed there.

No he got sucked in by sneaky Fabregas and has paid the price. It was all about frustration from City players who had their chances to win, or at least get  a point, and blew it.

You should know a lot about the subject of frustration and the effect it can have on a persons behaviour.How long is it since your beloved Spurs won anything?  

Where have i said that it was applied with any force ?  i merely pointed out that it was a slap and not a push, but it seems your backtracking on that one now, in fact the only reason i mentioned it was that it was Fabregas, who has a habit of winding up the opposition by doing underhanded things !

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Unlike some, unfortunately i didn't have a choice to pick a team that were 10,000 miles away :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Vs Celtic tonight

Goalkeepers: Claudio Bravo, Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn
Defenders: John Stones, Nicolas Otamendi, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bacary Sagna, Pablo Zabaleta, Pablo Maffeo, Aleksandar Kolarov, Gaël Clichy, Angeliño Tasende
Midfielders: Fernando Reges, Ilkay Gundogan, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Fabian Delph, Leroy Sané, Jesus Navas
Forwards: Nolito, Sergio Agüero, Kelechi Iheanacho

Out:
Vincent Kompany (knee injury), Fernandinho (suspension) and Yaya Touré (ineligible) 

Predicted:
Caballero
Maffeo, Stones, Adarabioyo, Clichy
Fernando, Delph
Sané, one of Silva/KdB/Gundogan, Nolito
Agüero or Nacho (kun suspended so I'd give Nacho a run out before the weekend but can see Pep starting Kun - with Kun suspended, how about Yaya sharing duties with Nacho over the 4 games; big man, holds up the ball well, eye for goal).

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Vs Celtic tonight

Goalkeepers: Claudio Bravo, Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn
Defenders: John Stones, Nicolas Otamendi, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bacary Sagna, Pablo Zabaleta, Pablo Maffeo, Aleksandar Kolarov, Gaël Clichy, Angeliño Tasende
Midfielders: Fernando Reges, Ilkay Gundogan, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Fabian Delph, Leroy Sané, Jesus Navas
Forwards: Nolito, Sergio Agüero, Kelechi Iheanacho

Out:
Vincent Kompany (knee injury), Fernandinho (suspension) and Yaya Touré (ineligible) 

A couple of key youngsters are missing from the academy team playing this afternoon. With us already qualified, maybe Pep will give some a run out tonight.

51 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Agüero or Nacho (kun suspended so I'd give Nacho a run out before the weekend but can see Pep starting Kun - with Kun suspended, how about Yaya sharing duties with Nacho over the 4 games; big man, holds up the ball well, eye for goal).

Next 4 games are:-

Away to Leicester

Home to Watford

Home to Arsenal

Away to Hull

I think for some of those Fernandinho will be missed a bit more than Aguero. Everyone is playing Leicester differently this year, hopefully we will too and not push too high for them to counter. Yaya can fill that one and control the midfield

We should have enough quality for Watford and Hull but Arsenal will obviously be the big one that both Aguero and Fernandinho will be missed.

• Like 1