Manchester City

mrbojangles

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think Carms must have had a row with a United fan the other week and a City fan this week. Otherwise I really don't know what Pep has done to deserve the wrath of Carms (get it wrath of khan )  Sorry, I shall get my coat

Carms has had a hard on for Pep dating to when I first started posting. I think Carmine would like to see Pep at Leyton Orient in order to prove something.:wink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Carms has had a hard on for Pep dating to when I first started posting. I think Carmine would like to see Pep at Leyton Orient in order to prove something.:wink:

Bravo JD....but Southampton for example would do!!  Don't really understand why they think i have it in for Pep because my opinion is a widespread one.  And yes, i was saying it long before his arrival at City.

BB doesn't seem to realize that Pep basically failed at Bayern because the Bundesliga is a given if your are Bayerns coach.

• Like 1

^"BB doesn't seem to realize that Pep basically failed at Bayern because the Bundesliga is a given if your are Bayerns coach."

Winner:
Bundesliga (2): 2013–14,2014–15
DFB-Pokal: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2013
FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

Some failure that.

If he fails in a similar fashion at City I'll be more than happy, but you keep on with your anti-Pep/Mourinho crusade my son. In Poch we trust!

23 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry to "but-in" on this conversation Carmine but a couple of weeks ago it was Mourinho you were calling a "busted flush" and now Guardiola is in your firing line ,instead of criticizing these two highly decorated managers maybe you could enlighten us on who you think is a good manager and why? 

:sad:

21 hours ago, carmine said:

Have you a point to make?

Do you have difficulty understanding written english...............I asked you "maybe you could enlighten us on who YOU think is a good manager and why? Again I will ask you what has your beloved Spurs contributed in the past 30 or 40 years to football that gives you the right to criticize other clubs and managers who have actually been winners on numerous occasions :sad:

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Do you have difficulty understanding written english...............I asked you "maybe you could enlighten us on who YOU think is a good manager and why? Again I will ask you what has your beloved Spurs contributed in the past 30 or 40 years to football that gives you the right to criticize other clubs and managers who have actually been winners on numerous occasions :sad:

Can't muster up the enthusiasm, you bore the c*^p out of me.  

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"BB doesn't seem to realize that Pep basically failed at Bayern because the Bundesliga is a given if your are Bayerns coach."

Winner:
Bundesliga (2): 2013–14,2014–15
DFB-Pokal: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2013
FIFA Club World Cup: 2013

Some failure that.

If he fails in a similar fashion at City I'll be more than happy, but you keep on with your anti-Pep/Mourinho crusade my son. In Poch we trust!

Micky Mouse could win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich. His remit would have been winning the CL  and not getting hammered by Carlo Ancelotti.  He, in effect failed.  As jump Hynckers would attest to.  The rest was with arguably the greatest club side ever fielded.  So, pray, what is you point.  Again, Pluto could have won with that team.  Its a perfectly valid argument and worthy of debate rather than getting all pissy because he's currently your manager

And try to remember, its not personal!!!   I'm merely voicing a widely held opinion, whilst accepting that he is, a very fine manager.

the "in Poch we trust" jibe is rather childish don't you think?!  Just try and stick to arguing the case in what is a widely held view without getting all pissy.  If petermik didn't post like such a giant whoppa i'd be happy to reply to him but an adult cordial response seems beyond him...lol 

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Unfortunately for some this is an open forum which means anyone is allowed to comment on anything or anyone regardless of who they do and don't support, now if you don't like people criticizing other clubs and managers i suggest you put them on ignore as it ain't certainly ain't going to stop, now is there any of that that you don't understand ? 

For many of us who don't support a top 5/6 club chipping in in a big club thread is not an exercise in futility or mischeif making but an opportunity to discuss the game in general terms. I'll be sat in a bar tonight watching Premiership match and will avidly read about all that goes on over the weekend. Top priority though is finding out how Bolton get on at Chesterfield. Good luck to your teams this weekend.

• Like 1

"Micky Mouse could win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich."

While the Bundesliga is dominated by Bayern Munich, it hasn't been won by every Bayern manager every season but in 25 of the 53 (<50%) Bundesliga seasons played to 2016. Think Pep bettered that average by winning 3 from 3, thats 100%

"His remit would have been winning the CL".
Correct, he failed to win the CL but there again they've only won it twice since its commencement in 92/93 ...you see Bayern aren't particularly dominant in the CL.

"The rest was with arguably the greatest club side ever fielded."
They weren't doing too well in the 2 seasons before Pep was tried and turned also rans in La Liga in to champions in both La Liga and CL. And didn't Pep build arguably the greatest club side ever fielded? Think he did.

"So, pray, what is you point."
Contradicting your points which seem to be stating Pep ain't a decent manager cause he ain't managed the likes of Grimsby at some point in his career (not sure how Barca B stack up against Grimsby).

"And try to remember, its not personal!!!"
I didn't think it was as MrBJ, Jelly, petermk and myself have all been contradicting your posts.

"the "in Poch we trust" jibe is rather childish don't you think?!"
Very childish but it was meant to convey my similar opinion on your amazing comments of late that Pep and Maureen aren't top managers.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Micky Mouse could win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich."

While the Bundesliga is dominated by Bayern Munich, it hasn't been won by every Bayern manager every season but in 25 of the 53 (<50%) Bundesliga seasons played to 2016. Think Pep bettered that average by winning 3 from 3, thats 100%

"His remit would have been winning the CL".
Correct, he failed to win the CL but there again they've only won it twice since its commencement in 92/93 ...you see Bayern aren't particularly dominant in the CL.

"The rest was with arguably the greatest club side ever fielded."
They weren't doing too well in the 2 seasons before Pep was tried and turned also rans in La Liga in to champions in both La Liga and CL. And didn't Pep build arguably the greatest club side ever fielded? Think he did.

"So, pray, what is you point."
Contradicting your points which seem to be stating Pep ain't a decent manager cause he ain't managed the likes of Grimsby at some point in his career (not sure how Barca B stack up against Grimsby).

"And try to remember, its not personal!!!"
I didn't think it was as MrBJ, Jelly, petermk and myself have all been contradicting your posts.

"the "in Poch we trust" jibe is rather childish don't you think?!"
Very childish but it was meant to convey my similar opinion on your amazing comments of late that Pep and Maureen aren't top managers.

You really need to get out more.  Seriously, were just passing through....

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine, what's wrong with stating a few facts when it proves a point. You no likey?

I was actually looking forward to seeing you answer Petermilks comment on 30 to 40 years but see you bottled it. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Carmine, what's wrong with stating a few facts when it proves a point. You no likey?

I was actually looking forward to seeing you answer Petermilks comment on 30 to 40 years but see you bottled it. Oh well.

Think i'm going the imola/singher route here.  Its just no fun anymore.:smile:

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Think i'm going the imola/singher route here.  Its just no fun anymore.:smile:

Not been much fun being a Spurs fan since the early 60,s to be honest...........:thumbsup:

glory glory hallelujah and the spurs go marching...............well I don,t quite know.....anyone else with any ideas?

22 minutes ago, petermik said:

Not been much fun being a Spurs fan since the early 60,s to be honest...........:thumbsup:

glory glory hallelujah and the spurs go marching...............well I don,t quite know.....anyone else with any ideas?

yep, a great big whoppa1 :smile:

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Old petermilk clearly is being a bit harsh and doesn't realise Spurs glory days were as recent as:

Screenshot_2016-12-17-21-07-34.png

BB, if your going to talk about winning trophies, talk about whose club between our two has one the most in their history and thats including since you won the lottery, when we were on a level playing  before you won the lottery you wasn't even close to us, don't forget, your just a small club who won the lottery !

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 5:11 AM, petermik said:

So that is a no then :cheesy:

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Yup, i'm afraid so.  You've bored me into submission.  As has your teams football for most of the past three seasons.  

So some nasty guy has strapped you in front of the "gogglebox" and made you watch us,shame,there is an off switch you can use :cheesy:

Being reported Leicester could undertake a shock swap deal with Manchester City involving Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel. Leicester are said to be wary that Schmeichel could leave at the end of the season in search of Champions League football. Another report has Bravo not settling to Manchester life and looking to move back to spain with City going for City youth player Schmeics. He'd suit Pep as a shotstopper but very decent with his feet. Wasn't much between Hart and Schmeics when we had them both and must have been a tough decision which to keep and which to move on.

Also beimg reported again that City could make a £25million swoop for 23-year-old (seems to have been around for a long time) Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in January. Do we really need him? Better than Navas but...

Huge three points in front of the home fans. City turned it on in the second half and the Gunners took a powder. Sane and Sterling should play every game together, though I reckon there will only be room for one of them when Aguero returns. Yaya still an asset in settling the midfield, especially without Fernandinho.

What happened to Zabaleta ? I missed that.