Manchester City

mrbojangles

Manchester City shell out record £175,000 for 13-YEAR-OLD Southend United defender Finley Burns

Crikey they are getting desperate for defenders ! i wonder if he'll be playing tomorrow, certainly bring the average age down  :whistling: :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, champers said:

I think Delph might fall into that category where by City bought him to keep others from having him. Same as Rodwell and Sinclair. At £8 million a bit of a snip; tip money for the Sheikh.

wasn't delph signed to get that domestic player quota met?

19 hours ago, jellydog said:

With Fernandinho available maybe that would be possible.:whistling: Without him, a snowflakes chance in hell.

Will Delph start in midfield ? Remember the hubbub when we bought him from Villa ? He's only been sporadically seen since.

What "hubbub"?

Nobody else wanted him.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 4:51 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

The wife just sent me a series of messages...make of them what you will (talking about Truevisions):

City TV
Every friday 3hours
6pm
Start tomorrow
CH28
For 3years
CH3 SD 28
Show all City game and hightlight

The wife was right apart from the time. Last night it was on at 11.30pm (there was a ceremony with the King at 6pm) and i suspect it will be that time every Friday and not 6.30pm. It was in Thai language, showed clips from City's website and showed the last game - all in Thai language - but worth knowing in case you miss a game live. The wife was happy listening in Thai.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well he ain't going to criticise his players, is he jelly. I think it was tongue in cheek

I'm hoping you're right MrB. But, this is not the first quote from Pep that smacks of defeatism and feeling sorry for himself. I'm as disappointed in his comments to the press as I am the team's performance.

Pep's english ain't great - anybody who regularly watches his press conferences knows that - and so occasionally what he says isn't necessarily what means. So often when he's asked a question he clearly misunderstands judging by his answer. The press hang on to his every word to hang him with. He's a brave man to persist in the interviews without resorting to a translator.

Defeatist or realist? We are 10 points behind Chelsea - when we played them early December ww could have gone 2 points clear I think had we won. It's not the points, it's the fact we don't look good enough currently to challenge - and it may well be that we'll have to do a Liverpool, Chelsea and ManU and miss out on champions league to build back up to a challenge in the following season - and that's what he's admitting to.

Get a few decent results and it could change. Continue as were are and we'll finish top 6.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep's english ain't great - anybody who regularly watches his press conferences knows that - and so occasionally what he says isn't necessarily what means. So often when he's asked a question he clearly misunderstands judging by his answer. The press hang on to his every word to hang him with. He's a brave man to persist in the interviews without resorting to a translator.

Defeatist or realist? We are 10 points behind Chelsea - when we played them early December ww could have gone 2 points clear I think had we won. It's not the points, it's the fact we don't look good enough currently to challenge - and it may well be that we'll have to do a Liverpool, Chelsea and ManU and miss out on champions league to build back up to a challenge in the following season - and that's what he's admitting to.

Get a few decent results and it could change. Continue as were are and we'll finish top 6.

Yeah, you've got to factor the language issue in I reckon. And he can't replace many of the defenders in one fell swoop. I get all of that. My preference is managers who speak as little to reporters as possible though, without any defeatism (if that's what it is) or hubris (if that's what it is).

That Everton loss left me in one foul mood. :angry: Three points today, or at the very least an honorable performance, would help.

The media have the knives out for Pep that is obvious, understandable, so I'd like him to be as bland/noncommittal as the master of saying nothing, Pellegrini, or take the 'it's us against the world' attitude Rednose and maureen adopt when things ain't going well. The least Pep says the better (though I do like watching him interviewed).

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The media have the knives out for Pep that is obvious, understandable, so I'd like him to be as bland/noncommittal as the master of saying nothing, Pellegrini, or take the 'it's us against the world' attitude Rednose and maureen adopt when things ain't going well. The least Pep says the better (though I do like watching him interviewed).

Luis Enrique at Barca is the best. Gives the media next to nothing in fairly well concealed contempt.  Klopp is darn good as well. Likes to talk, but cuts them to the quick when necessary.

Manchester City XI: Bravo, Zabaleta (C), Otamendi, Kolarov. Clichy, Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane. Sterling, Aguero

Manchester City subs:Caballero, Kompany, Fernando, Nolito, Delph, Stones, G. Jesus.

That's a strange team selection by Pep. For a man who loves midfielders, there's a one man midfield in Yaya. I suspect City may also play 3 at the back with a full back moving inside. Curious.

More passion and commitment on display today. A good sign. Jesus looks a live wire.

Still, all in all, three points were to be had and missed out due to poor finishing.

Is Sterling intent on walking every <deleted> ball into the net ?! Shoot !!!!!!

11 hours ago, jellydog said:

More passion and commitment on display today. A good sign. Jesus looks a live wire.

Still, all in all, three points were to be had and missed out due to poor finishing.

I was glad to hear the final whistle....the great escape!

6 hours ago, jellydog said:

I think that game and the way you played was more important than the two dropped points.  The manager got the required reaction from his players and he in turn made a good tactical selection.  

As for the result, it wasn't so much about the penalty not given but more chances missed which of course Spurs didn't,  hence the smash and grab.

If we can forget Lloris's day of goalkeeping philanthropy,  how long can Pep continue with Bravo?  He's nowhere near good enough and a defenders nightmare?

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1