Manchester City

mrbojangles

On 2/21/2017 at 7:31 PM, BangrakBob said:

A young attacking Monaco with a no loss record against EPL teams, this could be a mouthwatering encounter. 

Think I'll stay up for this one

You did the right thing , I also watched it live even if I'm a Spurs fan.  One of the best games in CL history.

4 minutes ago, balo said:

You did the right thing , I also watched it live even if I'm a Spurs fan.  One of the best games in CL history.

On reflection (and mainly due to us coming out of it with the right result) it was a thriller. But don't think my heart could take that every week

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, champers said:

Fair play to Pep. He looks like he has decided that attack is the best form of defence. Just one holding MF and 5 attackers. Very brave but it worked. More of the same in the 2nd leg, please.

Seeing as we have no defence (worthy of mentioning), I don't think he had much choice but to attack champers. The one thing I don't understand though, is whilst we have the obvious weakness in defence, he still insists on playing out from the back, even when a team is pressing high. Personally, I would mix it up a bit and kick it long  every now and then. Monaco knew we would keep the ball at the back to try and play it out and they pressured us well forcing us to make several errors 

We'd been kicking it longer with Jesus in the team as he can challenge for the ball in the air but last night with Aguero we were back to playing it short. Kolorov is ok at receiving short. Otamendi and Sagna a worry. All 3 goals conceded we contributed to. Things did improve once Zaba came on RB and Sagna replaced Fernandinho at LB but at times Monaco's quick counters tore us apart. Fat chance of not conceding away so do we try to keep it to one or do we chase goals ourselves - reckon it'll be the latter knowing Peps approach.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We'd been kicking it longer with Jesus in the team as he can challenge for the ball in the air but last night with Aguero we were back to playing it short. Kolorov is ok at receiving short. Otamendi and Sagna a worry. All 3 goals conceded we contributed to. Things did improve once Zaba came on RB and Sagna replaced Fernandinho at LB but at times Monaco's quick counters tore us apart. Fat chance of not conceding away so do we try to keep it to one or do we chase goals ourselves - reckon it'll be the latter knowing Peps approach.

Let's just have reply of that type of match, it's the only option