Manchester City

mrbojangles

18 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"City have kept five consecutive clean sheets away from home in all competitions for the first time ever."

"City have won 10 away league games this season - they've never won more in a single Premier League campaign (also 10 in 2011-12, 2013-14 and 2014-15). Only Man Utd in 1993-94 and Chelsea in 2004-05 (both 11) have won more of their opening 14 away games in a single Premier League season."

"David Silva has provided 62 assists in the Premier League since his debut, at least 11 more than any other player in that time (Wayne Rooney, 51)"

David Silva is the best player to ever pull on a City shirt.

^Over the past 50 years that would be Colin Bell (till Buchan sythed him down and effectively ended his career) but I'd put Silva no.2 [my dad reckons Denis Law was the best player he's ever seen in a City shirt and my old man has been following City since the late '30s]

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wasn't easy. Sunderland had an excellent first half and were unfortunate to go in behind. We were decent 2nd half. Good to see our goalie making saves.

Sane again excellent and a well taken goal; love watching him (one paper saying he's like Bale).

Silva was majestic 2nd half, we were beginning to write him off but finally ankle injury free he's back to his best. I've never seen him go so deep to get the ball and he's added tackling to his game. Who knew he speaks English (first interview in english).

Sterling was annoying me last night. Got little out of the defender. I would have hooked him halftime. He's either good or bad but never in between.

Sane and Silva are a joy to watch...your injured kid did look very dangerous as well.

You will be expecting big things next season.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Over the past 50 years that would be Colin Bell (till Buchan sythed him down and effectively ended his career) but I'd put Silva no.2 [my dad reckons Denis Law was the best player he's ever seen in a City shirt and my old man has been following City since the late '30s]

A bit too early for me to remember The King of the Kippax -  my best mates Dad reckons the same though. 

Peps team selection was poor and contributed to that flat performance. I'm not a Sterling fan but playing Navas instead is like playing with 10 men (can only imagine navas is messi in training to get selected). Not playing Silva from the start was crucial. Without Silva we are nothing. All this talk of Aguero being City's best player is nonsense. Merlin IS City's best and most influential player. Things improved once Silva came on and KdB replaced useless wide right. It was only then that we took control.

I remember the days when we couldn't win away, now we seem to be better away when teams come out to play us and we can pick them off; at home we often struggle to break teams down.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Peps team selection was poor and contributed to that flat performance. I'm not a Sterling fan but playing Navas instead is like playing with 10 men (can only imagine navas is messi in training to get selected). Not playing Silva from the start was crucial. Without Silva we are nothing. All this talk of Aguero being City's best player is nonsense. Merlin IS City's best and most influential player. Things improved once Silva came on and KdB replaced useless wide right. It was only then that we took control.

I remember the days when we couldn't win away, now we seem to be better away when teams come out to play us and we can pick them off; at home we often struggle to break teams down.

Peps got an eye on some silverware I reckon. 

29 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Wish you were right Bob but away at Arsenal and Liverpool makes City turn all 'rabbit in the healights'.

I hope youse are knackered and deflated after Monaco, as the fresh Reds come marching in to town.....fresh off a home defeat to Burnley :laugh:

• Like 1

Bladdy rubbish last night.Stoke played a total defensive game with absolutely no intent of trying to win, purely a tactic of defend and frustrate. Well done to them for playing to their plan but I wouldn't want to watch that every week.

We never seemed to have any urgency about us until the last 20 minutes or so. One could be mistaken for thinking nothing was riding on that and it looked like both teams playing the last game of the season with nothing to play for. But hang on, we were supposed to be trying to play for second spot and to reduce the points difference from Chelsea. Bearing in mind we have Liverpool home, Arsenal away and Chelsea away as our next 3 prem games, 3 points last night was essential. Could be out of the top 4 after those 3 games unless we step it up.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, mrbojangles said:

Always difficult comparing players of past and present but he's definitely up there BB

What about Jamie Pollock; scored one of the best goals ever seen at Maine Road.

1 hour ago, champers said:

What about Jamie Pollock; scored one of the best goals ever seen at Maine Road.

Unfortunately it was at the wrong bladdy end :laugh: If memory serves, it was against QPR and that kept QPR up and sent us down.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, balo said:

You can't trust City anymore, great win over Monaco and  then this.  Top 4 is all you can hope for. 

Hope being the operative word, as jangles mentioned After Boro And Monaco away in the cups, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea to follow, they could be behind Everton in a few weeks :shock1:

1-0 v Boro; should be 5 or 6. While Bravo is in goal Boro have every chance. Negredo to equalise? I like the look of Gibson who you lot are supposed to fancy. A bit of a novelty: a defender who is good at defending.

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

1-0 v Boro; should be 5 or 6. While Bravo is in goal Boro have every chance. Negredo to equalise? I like the look of Gibson who you lot are supposed to fancy. A bit of a novelty: a defender who is good at defending.

Spot on post.

Comfortable win, not sure how we kept in down to 2, though Mini-Me being Man of the Match in the Boro goal is one of the reasons. Bravo worries the hell out of me and had another unconvincing game no matter how Pep overs for him. Silva controlled it again and should have had a hat-trick - when will he ever learn to just put his foot through the ball? Sane is a joy to watch. Otamendi had a run of decent games recently...amazing. enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hard to believe fact of the week:

"City's six consecutive clean sheet away from home in all competitions - a new club record."

Just looked it up. Not let an away goal in since the 4-0 drubbing at Everton. However, it'll be good if we keep that going over the next 3 away games. Monaco, Arsenal and Chelsea. But I can't see it