Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I'll be cheering City on Peter, although i think your attack will have better a chance without Zlatan. Bastad blessing in disguise that injury. 

Obviously Bob......as were just 3 points adrift with two games in hand on you scousers :whistling:

interesting end to the season methinks for all clubs in the top six..................read earlier today United have played 18 more matches this season than Chelsea and Liverpool........hell thats nearly half a prem league season extra :ermm:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Obviously Bob......as were just 3 points adrift with two games in hand on you scousers :whistling:

interesting end to the season methinks for all clubs in the top six..................read earlier today United have played 18 more matches this season than Chelsea and Liverpool........hell thats nearly half a prem league season extra :ermm:

We did the same last season, and fell at the final hurdle.

We'd be home and hosed now if we hadn't have been so ravaged by injury, or maybe not sold so many players or maybe bought more of them. We were flying and yet we might still crash spectacularly.

I know you've had injuries but you defo have more quality in depth. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We did the same last season, and fell at the final hurdle.

We'd be home and hosed now if we hadn't have been so ravaged by injury, or maybe not sold so many players or maybe bought more of them. We were flying and yet we might still crash spectacularly.

I know you've had injuries but you defo have more quality in depth. 

Stop going on about injuries Bobby,  every team gets them, it's part and parcel.

Edited by alfieconn

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Stop going on about injuries Bobby,  every team gets them, it's part and parcel.

I'm not saying it isn't, but we've had Mane, Llallana, Hendo, Coutinho, Sturridge out at a critical time and it screwed us. Our centre back paring have played 14 games together this season, we've lost young lads like Ojo, Grujic for the whole season. We had a bench that had started 73 first team games combined last week and 58 of them where Moreno.

It might be pat of the game, but if you don't have a big squad and quality in depth it will screw you and it did screw us. We should have not sold on so many players, or we should have bought more. That was my point. 

Looked to me city were the only team going for winning as opposed to just not losing but thought your were by far the more entertaining team and by rights should have won, but hey thats football or in utd s time wasting frame 80 ish mins is...!!!

• Like 1

On 27/04/2017 at 5:21 AM, petermik said:

Good game,hopefully,tonight chaps no refereeing blunders and may the best team win...............I,ll be very happy with a draw to be honest :thumbsup:

Happy with the result,we made a game of it for the first 25/30 minutes then City took over,totally dominant in the second half but without Silva you struggled to create any clear cut chances............Fellaini was "suckered" in by Aguero and fell for it bladdy fool.

I felt De Bruyne had a poor game by his standards and is it me, or is Aguero looking overweight?

Third place for City looking likely now.......can we make that fourth spot :whistling:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Happy with the result,we made a game of it for the first 25/30 minutes then City took over,totally dominant in the second half but without Silva you struggled to create any clear cut chances............Fellaini was "suckered" in by Aguero and fell for it bladdy fool.

I felt De Bruyne had a poor game by his standards and is it me, or is Aguero looking overweight?

Third place for City looking likely now.......can we make that fourth spot :whistling:

No you didn't make a game of it.  You went there looking for a 0-0, with no interest in entertaining anyone and thats what happened.  No further comment required.  At least City gave it a go and tried to make a game out of it but against such acute negativity it proved too much.

Christ it was <deleted>.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, carmine said:

No you didn't make a game of it.  You went there looking for a 0-0, with no interest in entertaining anyone and thats what happened.  No further comment required.  At least City gave it a go and tried to make a game out of it but against such acute negativity it proved too much.

Christ it was <deleted>.

united unbeaten in 24 games. but jesus christ they are tedious to watch.

21 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Interesting fact : City have not developed an established first-team player from the UK since Micah Richards’ breakthrough in 2005

Lousy, but better than Chelsea and Liverpool. No wonder the England team is garbage.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Exactly what LFC needed. Thanks for that.

I don't know about that RC. Last nights result means if both us and United win our game in hand, Liverpool drop to 5th. I think a win by one of us last night would have been more beneficial to Liverpool

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't know about that RC. Last nights result means if both us and United win our game in hand, Liverpool drop to 5th. I think a win by one of us last night would have been more beneficial to Liverpool

Lost there sorry. Any wins by them put our 4th spot ambitions under threat.

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

united unbeaten in 24 games. but jesus christ they are tedious to watch.

They would be for a scouser ....i am sure as is watching your lot for a manc.....tell me if i wrong Stevie but wasnt you the one who once said watching the Italians defend is like art as good as watching attacking football!! and that it is such an important part of the game?

Yes you did say that.....but obviously Maureen has his critics and you are defo on the press band wagon with everybody else aren't you...join the losers club with City and Spurs who have won nowt again.

Our attack will be sorted soon enough then you can sit back and watch us entertain you again like we have done for 25 years :smile:

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Lost there sorry. Any wins by them put our 4th spot ambitions under threat.

I'm talking about Liverpool's chance of staying in the top 4 RC

Last night means both us and United have gained a point on you. Now, if both us and United win our game in hand on you, Liverpool drop to 5th.

However, if City had won, we would have gone to 3rd and you 4th but unless United won their game in hand by 3 goals or more Liverpool would still keep 4th spot. It's all If's and but's though

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Last night means both us and United have gained a point on you. Now, if both us and United win our game in hand on you, Liverpool drop to 5th.

However, if City had won, we would have gone to 3rd and you 4th but unless United won their game in hand by 3 goals or more Liverpool would still keep 4th spot. It's all If's and but's though

Utds run in looks appealing as a real red but we will drop points too so hopefully JM puts his primary as the uefa and let's us sneak 4th. And then there's no excuses providing we sign some decent players. The one caveat being that no one moans about the heavy fixtures as a result of CL qualification, it's where we should be at on heart alone.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

So what happens if Man Utd finish 4th and go on to win the Europa Cup?

Where does the extra CL place go?

Anyone know?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sotsira said:

So what happens if Man Utd finish 4th and go on to win the Europa Cup?

Where does the extra CL place go?

Anyone know?

I don't think we get an extra place if United come 4th and win the Europa. We only get it if United win the Europa and don't qualify by finishing in the top 4.

Finally got to watch the game on the rerun just now. We played really well. Must have picked most of the 2nd balls. Don't think I've ever seen us dominate ManU so much and so easily. If City had been the team in red I'd be seriously pissed off right now. Thought we didn't get what we deserved and ManU were fortunate to skulk away with a point.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Finally got to watch the game on the rerun just now. We played really well. Must have picked most of the 2nd balls. Don't think I've ever seen us dominate ManU so much and so easily. If City had been the team in red I'd be seriously pissed off right now. Thought we didn't get what we deserved and ManU were fortunate to skulk away with a point.

5 wins out of 5 first 5 games and thud. 

Guardiola  has been an absolute flop in his first season. Some decent buys some shockingly poor body language and lets not forget his comments about retirement 4 months into his tenure but hats off to his choice of keepers after all solid footwork is the bread and butter for that position. 

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

^I remember you. Your another of the windup merchants on here. So what were your impressions on the derby?

I remember you too your one of those copy and paste merchants who are too proud to quote. Not to worry, old age has that effect I hear and in your respect i'm witnessing.  My view on the derby is you had a lot of firepower but your guns were not cleaned prior and as a result you were nullified by a manager who does exactly what a good manager should do and yes it's pretty boring but you hand me a 24 match unbeaten streak over a manager who can't outwit Sam allardyce and I know who I'm choosing. With all your promise guile and potential do you really trust your man at the helm? Shrinking violet? 

How many times are you going to slag off your own manager and praise the United manager before you are exposed as a United troll?? Not many I guess as you got very upset about me calling you out on your commitment to your team before.

Well pal based on the above statement I'm calling you out again! You have no idea what it's like to be a true Liverpool fan, you optimise the antithesis. Anyone who would suggest they'd prefer Man United's manager, and Mourinho at that is not a Liverpool fan. 

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

How many times are you going to slag off your own manager and praise the United manager before you are exposed as a United troll?? Not many I guess as you got very upset about me calling you out on your commitment to your team before.

Well pal based on the above statement I'm calling you out again! You have no idea what it's like to be a true Liverpool fan, you optimise the antithesis. Anyone who would suggest they'd prefer Man United's manager, and Mourinho at that is not a Liverpool fan. 

Listen Vera I take no offence from your comments as I have actually read a fair few of your plastic words you publish and the truth is you are not even a football head your a commentator at best.subconsciously plagiarising content you read. Fair play to you I mean yeah your dad's from Liverpool your a real red in that respect but I want LFC to win and I know real reds fans want that too and I don't give a damn where JM has managed previously I just want some silverware delivered and I doubt Klopp is the man to do that and if you read between the lines I think some of your compadres on here share those concerns.

Yh his name sounds like Kop it's a nice ring to it but the guy has stumbled and made some awful decisions so face some truths whilst your sipping your Ron Zapaca.

Oh and FYI. 

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/jose-mourinho-liverpool-manchester-united-91592

Edited by Rc2702

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I remember you. You're another of the windup merchants on here. So what were your impressions on the derby?

And so are you mate, lets not forget.  You dish it but can't take it.

Now my old mate Peter, he not only believes in stability, he also dishes it but can take too.  Nota Bene BB, (with a tinge of red in it)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"You dish it but can't take it."...where have i ever complained (and I get more stick than most)...i just put them on ignore if someones a complete muppet.

Can you put me on ignore, please?