Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep his injuries have been awful the past seasons to the point where we expected him to last minutes in each come back. Sad to see. Fingers crossed.

The last few games of last season and the friendlies look promising for Vinny. He hasn't been holding back in any game and so far no twinges. Fingers crossed for me also.

I have a feeling that VVD will end up at City. He is reckoned to have "lost" about £7 million by asking for a transfer. There aren't many clubs who can make up that loss (golden hello, wages, loyalty bonuses) but City sure can. I don't think Pep is altogether too keen on Stones, so VVD will knock him down the pecking order.

9 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't think Pep is altogether too keen on Stones, so VVD will knock him down the pecking order.

Don't know where that has come from Champers. Haven't seen anything from Pep that might indicate that.

WRT VVD. Not really sure of his style and ability to change formations. I confess to not having seen that much of him apart from when they played CIty

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"I don't think Pep is altogether too keen on Stones"

No way..he IS keen on Stones. He's not keen on Otamendi. He's very keen on the captain but knows he'll be injured sometime. 4th choice Kolorov left. We need a 4th CB.

Didn't Stones make way for Kompany last season, not Otamendi? Anyway if you're playing 3 centre halfs you will need another one in.

BBC:

Man of the match - Sergio Aguero (Man City) [I thought Walker had a shout for it, or Silva who kept plugging away and provided the breakthrough, not Aguero]

Sergio Aguero has hit six goals in his seven opening day Premier League games.

Since his Premier League debut in August 2010, David Silva has provided 65 assists in the competition, 14 more than any other player (Wayne Rooney is next on 51).

Difficult game that. Brighton were only ever going to try and defend and we eventually broke them down. At one point I thought it was going to be one of those games when it just won't go in (legally). Always tricky, first game of the season, away and against a newly promoted side but we got through it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Loved this comment

"If you think Kyle Walker isn't the best right back in the league you probably pour the milk first and put pineapple on your pizza"

Remains to be seen but he had another excellent game for us today.

Strange that  Walker use to play as good for us but  you didn't rate him and now he's at your mob your talking about him being  the best in the League, obviously nothing to do with you being bias, i can't stop laughing  :cheesy: :cheesy:

I'm hoping we don't make a move for Walker

"Defensively he's suspect and his final ball is nowhere near as good as Trippier." Which is why I hope we don't make a move for Walker; good energy, fast, defensively suspect.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that  Walker use to play as good for us but  you didn't rate him and now he's at your mob your talking about him being  the best in the League, obviously nothing to do with you being bias, i can't stop laughing  :cheesy: :cheesy:

"Defensively he's suspect and his final ball is nowhere near as good as Trippier." Which is why I hope we don't make a move for Walker; good energy, fast, defensively suspect.

Yes funny Alfredo and I stick by my assessment of him during our first tilt at the CL....every time I saw him with the ball I felt he would make a mistake.

A decent player but suspect at the highest level thus 50m quid is a great deal for Spurs.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

I don't get the pizza point though. Pineapple on a pizza is great.

City are due to play Girona in a friendly at the Montilivi stadium on Tuesday evening that is likely to mark the start of a formal tie-up between the two clubs after Pep Guardiola’s side flew to Catalonia on Saturday night for a four-day training camp. With our 4 kids at Girona and 7 I think Breda I'll be following them this season.

I've been waiting for some time for an explanation of a City and Girona ownership by our sheikh...worth a read
Manchester City facing conflict of interest should Girona qualify for Europe

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/14/manchester-city-facing-conflict-interest-should-girona-qualify/