Manchester City

mrbojangles

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Maybe they're trying to persude you into getting the ;Connect' App?

Ours is all piped through the compound TV channels. It's definitely the Premier Leaguehaving a cobb on with BEin over piracy. Last time, a load of set top boxes were found in the UK. I think if you set your dish right in the UK, you can pick up the satellite transmission from the ME

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Ours is all piped through the compound TV channels. It's definitely the Premier Leaguehaving a cobb on with BEin over piracy. Last time, a load of set top boxes were found in the UK. I think if you set your dish right in the UK, you can pick up the satellite transmission from the ME

They’re useless, some tool cut my transmission off a month before it was due to be renewed. I called about it on a Wednesday and it didn’t get resolved until the following Monday. 

MrBj
If you joined ilikehd or whatever it's called while you were in Thailand it should work in ksa (worth a try..I use when im in Vietnam no problem). Think they now have a 3 day pass and by the month. Get a mate in Thailand to buy you b500 truemoney from 7/11 and you should be good to go ...good standby (if it'll work in ksa) for when BEin not showing or whenever you want to watch Corrie.

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj
If you joined ilikehd or whatever it's called while you were in Thailand it should work in ksa (worth a try..I use when im in Vietnam no problem). Think they now have a 3 day pass and by the month. Get a mate in Thailand to buy you b500 truemoney from 7/11 and you should be good to go ...good standby (if it'll work in ksa) for when BEin not showing or whenever you want to watch Corrie.

Will do BB. Looks like I'm sorted for today. Thanks mate

Every one telling me this week how easy today will be but I don't think so. Burnley are battling well, will come for a point and will be hard to break down - it's not a fluke they're on the same points as arsenal, chelsea and Liverpool. Can't see Pep going with an unchanged team..expect Gundogan. Kun and bernardo to start.

^Manchester City U19s' victory over Napoli in the UEFA Youth League will give the team a confidence boost ahead of their upcoming game against Derby County.
Brahim Diaz was on target twice at the Academy Stadium during the 3-1 win over the Italian side, while team mate Benjamin Garre netted the other.

33 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Every one telling me this week how easy today will be but I don't think so. Burnley are battling well, will come for a point and will be hard to break down - it's not a fluke they're on the same points as arsenal, chelsea and Liverpool. Can't see Pep going with an unchanged team..expect Gundogan. Kun and bernardo to start.

I disagree I think you will thump them after they failed to capitalise on the extra man at home to WHU. 

Tough match that but another three points.:clap2:

Nice to see Aguero back and looking fit.

Apparently "controversial", but that was a penalty for me when Burnley's keeper caught Bernardo's ankle under his body. Bernardo was actually fortunate that he didn't suffer an injury with his ankle getting caught the way it did.

Five point gap with Man United.:smile:

Thought Burnley dealt with us better than any team until we got the 2nd goal. We looked jaded. Pleased to get that one over. Ederson was excellent (Pope Burnley MoM)..so brave..great feet. Stones was excellent. Delph. Silva. But most players looked tired.

The best thing that's happened to Delph in his City career is Kolorov/Clichy leaving and Mendy injured. He's been excellent as LD/midfielder and finally has found a position where he's proven he's equally effective as his teammates.

"That's the first time that Huddersfield have beaten Manchester United in the league since 1952. It's United first defeat of the season. The gap between the Manchester clubs at the top of the Premier League is five points."

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The best thing that's happened to Delph in his City career is Kolorov/Clichy leaving and Mendy injured. He's been excellent as LD/midfielder and finally has found a position where he's proven he's equally effective as his teammates.

Delph is playing great isn't he? Even Mendy mentioned the other week for Pep not to buy anyone as Delph has it covered.

Really happy with todays win as that had banana skin written all over it. Not the best we have played by a country mile but with the wind and rain I thought it was a real gutsy performance. These are the ones you need to knuckle down to and keep to your plan.

BTW. That pass by KdB to Sane sublime 

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Tough match that but another three points.:clap2:

Nice to see Aguero back and looking fit.

Apparently "controversial", but that was a penalty for me when Burnley's keeper caught Bernardo's ankle under his body. Bernardo was actually fortunate that he didn't suffer an injury with his ankle getting caught the way it did.

Lucky Silva did get touched by the keeper, that dive would have got him a retro ban I reckon. 

United are nowhere near a challenging team, not with Jose anyway, those Spurs lads will push City though 

Edited by BangrakBob

33 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Lucky Silva did get touched by the keeper, that dive would have got him a retro ban I reckon. 

At first I thought he dived but after the replay you could clearly see the goalie kneeled on his foot. Video tech would have justified the decision Bob

Some interesting stats:-

• Sergio Aguero (177) became Manchester City's joint-highest goalscorer of all time alongside Eric Brook.
  • This is Man City's joint-best points return after the first nine games of a Premier League season alongside (2011-12). The only team with more points at this stage of the season were Chelsea (27) in 2005-06.
  • Pep Guardiola has won 25 points so far this season with Man City; only in 2015-16 (27 pts with Bayern Munich) has he won more points as a manager from the opening nine games of the season.
  • Leroy Sane has both scored and assisted in three of his last four Premier League appearances for Man City.
  • Kevin De Bruyne has now recorded more league assists (69) than any other player in Europe's top five leagues since the 2012/13 season.

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

At first I thought he dived but after the replay you could clearly see the goalie kneeled on his foot. Video tech would have justified the decision Bob

Yes he defo caught him, it was a pen. He still did a massive unnecessary dive. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yes he defo caught him, it was a pen. He still did a massive unnecessary dive. 

Yeah, shall we say he ensured the ref saw that he had been caught by the goalie. I don't like it but I don't think you can totally blame the players either. How many times have you seen players try to stay on their feet and then not get awarded the penalty? Poor reffing has drove the players to do it in most cases.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, shall we say he ensured the ref saw that he had been caught by the goalie. I don't like it but I don't think you can totally blame the players either. How many times have you seen players try to stay on their feet and then not get awarded the penalty? Poor reffing has drove the players to do it in most cases.

Exactly MrB. I think the commentators got caught up in Bernardo's body language rather than the keeper's landing on him.

Water under the bridge now. Five point gap with United, Chelsea struggling and Spurs still finding goals hard to come by at Wembley. Liverpool lurks, but don't have the depth or defense to pose a big threat, I don't think.

14 hours ago, jellydog said:

You're looking in the wrong place there for the real danger.

As much as Utd have spent they retain a soft underbelly....Chelski might yet come good and have a big run of wins and are thus a danger.

Biggest threat is Tottenham since we have a much more complete side than those other two and increasingly obviously a very good tactician in charge.

But in reality only injuries can stop you this season if you continue your form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You're looking in the wrong place there for the real danger.

As much as Utd have spent they retain a soft underbelly....Chelski might yet come good and have a big run of wins and are thus a danger.

Biggest threat is Tottenham since we have a much more complete side than those other two and increasingly obviously a very good tactician in charge.

But in reality only injuries can stop you this season if you continue your form.

No argument with any of that Ronnie. Spurs are an impressive team and I'm a fan of Pochy.

It'll be interesting to see if Mourinho can straighten out what ails Man United. They have the talent. Remains to be seen. Is Mourinho galloping towards losing the players again ?

• Like 1

Next up is top-of-the-championship Wolves. Pep will want to get through but based on the evidence of yesterday he needs to rest walker, Fernandinho, silva, kdb and Sane. I'd also rest one or both of Otamendi and Stones for Mangala and/or Tosin. Give Yaya..Bernardo. .gundogan..danilo..zinchenko..and maybe diaz or foden a run out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Next up is top-of-the-championship Wolves. Pep will want to get through but based on the evidence of yesterday he needs to rest walker, Fernandinho, silva, kdb and Sane. I'd also rest one or both of Otamendi and Stones for Mangala and/or Tosin. Give Yaya..Bernardo. .gundogan..danilo..zinchenko..and maybe diaz or foden a run out.

Be a bloody long run out....all the way from India:clap2: