Manchester City

mrbojangles

^Actually i can't get the bugger to work on my phone or computer! I was watching the build up to the early game at 6pm and now all i get is 'Cannot load M3U8: 404 not Found' and i have no idea what they means or how to fix it. Looks like i'll be following the game on the bbc updates.

Sorted! Phew.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Another 3 points away, even though City were sloppy at times. Been looking a little weary in the second halfs lately.

Sterling continues to impress. 

Yeah. Even though we are playing keep ball, we seem to be taking our foot off the pedal

We weren't great but we were more than good enough. Had silva buried his headerfirst half it was 1v3 game over but we missed countless chances, WBA defended and battled well and Rondon made our CBs nervy all day but we got there in the end. The scoreline doesn't reflect the game. Don't think our players enjoyed that one - I didn't!

Play like that Wednesday night vs Napoli away we'll get beat. First time in many games I thought we were very wasteful in front of goal - David Silva and kdb need sharpen up in front of goal. Sane gets a chance you expect a goal. Silva gets a chance you're surprised if he finishes it!

[Sterling has scored nine goals in all competitions in 2017-18; the most of any Manchester City player, while only Harry Kane (13) and Romelu Lukaku (11) have netted more among Premier League players.
Didn't ever see that happening! Was a poor finisher, still not great but IS improving]

England pair *Phil Foden and **Rhian Brewster won the Golden Ball and Golden Shoe, respectively, after helping their side to Under-17 World Cup success on Saturday.

Brewster ultimately clinched the Golden Shoe for the most goals with eight, while Foden...was deemed to be the tournament's best player. Gabriel Brazao of Brazil won the Golden Glove.

*Stockport
**londoner

Edited by Bredbury Blue

15 hours ago, StevieH said:

"sister club"? really?

Maybe "sister" isn't the correct term but our owner purchased 44.3% of Girona a few months ago, along with Pep's brother who also has 44.3%. We have also been sending a lot of our youth lads over there for the past few years. This year we have 4 youths there on season long loans. One of them (Pablo Maffeo ) played the full 90 mins last night against RM and Douglas Luiz was on the bench.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Maybe "sister" isn't the correct term but our owner purchased 44.3% of Girona a few months ago, along with Pep's brother who also has 44.3%. We have also been sending a lot of our youth lads over there for the past few years. This year we have 4 youths there on season long loans. One of them (Pablo Maffeo ) played the full 90 mins last night against RM and Douglas Luiz was on the bench.

A huge win for Girona. That's a feather in Maffeo's cap forever. Heck of a game.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, mrbojangles said:

That's 6 away wins on the bounce. Never been achieved by us in the top flight since 1903. This "average" manager isn't doing too bad at breaking records

Yeah <deleted> spending records :biggrin: sorry couldn't resist. 

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't worry about the money Bob. Just watch the beautiful football.

I do enjoy it actually, just frustrated we did not do similar with  defensive strengthening in the summer. I guess from our business stance it's a longer project. Hopefully we hang on to fourth and then possibly get a run at you next season. 

Have to say I'm impressed with Stones so far this season also. 

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I do enjoy it actually, just frustrated we did not do similar with  defensive strengthening in the summer. I guess from our business stance it's a longer project. Hopefully we hang on to fourth and then possibly get a run at you next season. 

He's much improved from last season. A year of Pep yelling at him appears to have paid off.:wink:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah he's come on leaps and bounds. TBH, last season he didn't have anyone to trust in defence and so was taking on a lot of responsibility himself when he himself was supposed to be still learning. It needed Kompany to be guiding him instead of being left with the responsibility on his shoulders. Bravo in goal was a joke, Mangala etc.

This year he can get on with his job knowing the others are doing theirs. Otamendi is also better when he isn't in two minds as to whether to trust the guys at the back of hich Delph's covering role should not go unnoticed

Pablo Maffeo got rave reviews for man marking Messi out of the game and again at the weekend in Girona's win over Real Madrid. I've seen him a few times, he looks very decent and there's real believe he's going to come through.

Girona are owned 44% Pep's brother and 44% City. Rest by the fans.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:48 PM, mrbojangles said:

That's 6 away wins on the bounce. Never been achieved by us in the top flight since 1903. This "average" manager isn't doing too bad at breaking records

Who referred to him as "average" btw?  I don't believe anyone has referred to him as average!  And you can't be referring to what i've said because i've been very specific in my opinion and the reasoning behind it.

Please, don't forget to include "spending" in the list of broken records, not that it gives you any advantage that is!! That is what it is and anyone who thinks it does needs to get over it.......apparently.

All said, you are playing great football that i enjoy watching.  

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Napoli have banned the wearing of trouser belts from their stadium for their Champions League clash with Manchester Cityon Wednesday. What!

"We feel since Citeh fans are all pie munching fatties they don't need belts" a spokesman said this morning.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

"We feel since Citeh fans are all pie munching fatties they don't need belts" a spokesman said this morning.

In all seriousness Ronnie. It is associated with the Napoli fans whacking people with their belts when they were in a Manchester pub the other week. One of the Napoli fans got a 5 month prison sentence for it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

In all seriousness Ronnie. It is associated with the Napoli fans whacking people with their belts when they were in a Manchester pub the other week. One of the Napoli fans got a 5 month prison sentence for it

Is Moss Side travelling for this one then?

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Who referred to him as "average" btw?  I don't believe anyone has referred to him as average!  And you can't be referring to what i've said because i've been very specific in my opinion and the reasoning behind it.

You may not have actually used the word "average" Carms but you must admit to being less than complimentary:smile:

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, carmine said:

Pep Guardiola buys 50m right backs.

Mauricio Pochettino coaches 50m right backs.  

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, carmine said:

Dont spoil the fun!!

Nothing against as such although having listened to him going on about his trophies was extremely irritating and i find him a petulant child in interviews when he is unsettled by certain questioning.  I stick by everything i have said about him and contend that no one has yet to counter me with a plausible answer against.  Rather than bark on about his achievements theres a long list of players and ex coaches who he should be thanking for, imho being the most extraordinary recipient of others hard work and genius.

I expected him to underwhelm this season which is entirely understandable in his first season and wait to see what he's really made of.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, carmine said:

OK so you are trying to tell us City have improved under Guardiola!!!  And you expect me to take that seriously do you?  

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:08 AM, carmine said:

I think its fair to say that City have regressed under Guardiola.  Put in another way; where do you see the positives?

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

34mins 1v1 Otamendi City level
Cracking game. City very much 2nd best except for last 10 minutes. Very talented Napoli team. Fear we may taste defeat.

They are really a good team. The pace and passing of both teams is astonishing. I'd say 22.5 minutes each BB. Very even and impressed with how we have come back from 1-0 down

You can see why no English team has beat Napoli in the CL

What a half..amazing football. Napoli had City chasing shadows for about 30mins (as City did in the 1st game). City were opened up by a great isigne goal and then it was all City.
Not happy with Aguero in for Jesus. Missing Silva's guile and Walker's pace going forward. Get them on.