Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Delph limped off at fulltime sunday and didn't look too good. He and Ederson are probably our most important players currently as we don't have a decent replacement for them.

Reading shearers take on the rise of Citeh under PG and maybe the twist is the winter months ahead for city. A downturn in results as a result of foreign imports not being able to handle the cold.  It's certainly a quieter more content place this forum at present so for the forums sake I hope guardiola bottles it.

Manchester City post record revenues in latest financial results

Manchester City have announced record revenues of £473.4m and a profit of £1.08m for the year ending June 30, 2017.

The results cover a 13-month period - due to City adjusting its financial year - and sees their turnover rise by 21 per cent.

It is the ninth consecutive year of improved financial performance for Man City, and the third in which they have posted a profit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11118690/manchester-city-post-record-revenues-in-latest-financial-results

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Manchester City post record revenues in latest financial results

Manchester City have announced record revenues of £473.4m and a profit of £1.08m for the year ending June 30, 2017.

The results cover a 13-month period - due to City adjusting its financial year - and sees their turnover rise by 21 per cent.

It is the ninth consecutive year of improved financial performance for Man City, and the third in which they have posted a profit.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11118690/manchester-city-post-record-revenues-in-latest-financial-results

Tuppence ha'penny is a great result....well done.

Bit tired of comments on TV and workmates that City will win the Premier this season. Can guarantee there's few if any City fans making that prediction yet as there's way too much of the season ahead and it doesn't take much to derail a team - we have no LB replacement for Delph, no Fernandinho replacement,  teams may kick Silva and/or kdb out, etc. This article offers proof that it's not in the bag despite our good start.

Manchester City’s start no flash in pan but history is littered with flops Pep Guardiola’s side are threatening points and goals records and, though other fast starters have faded, nothing suggests they will do likewise in the title race

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/11/history-manchester-city-premier-league-title-race

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

so true B/B   its never over   til   The  Fat  Lady sings  ,but at this point of time  M/City  reminds me of C/sea,s  2006/7  EPL  win (from memory):smile:, where the bookie,s were paying out months before the end of the season    btw  E/S  tooked the 11/2 with a turn of the knob (6 to 1 ) on offer from my  S.P. bookie in  OZ  before a ball  was kicked ,  have a very nice number on you,s ,  go the Noisey Neighbours:smile:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bit tired of comments on TV and workmates that City will win the Premier this season. Can guarantee there's few if any City fans making that prediction yet as there's way too much of the season ahead and it doesn't take much to derail a team -

Dead right BB. City fans who have been through the roller coaster years would never make that prediction.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Dead right BB. City fans who have been through the roller coaster years would never make that prediction.

I like it lads. Negative thinking on ones own team. I'm not so sure, we really the Mediterranean lads to go missing during winter. Ederson freezes to death and bravo steps in legs open wider than the goal mouth

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I like it lads. Negative thinking on ones own team. I'm not so sure, we really the Mediterranean lads to go missing during winter. Ederson freezes to death and bravo steps in legs open wider than the goal mouth

I think Ederson is the least one to worry about over the weather. He's hard as nails that lad. 2 weeks after getting studs in the face he still goes in for every challenge.

And it's not really negative thinking RC. It's more realism and not counting your chickens.

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I think Ederson is the least one to worry about over the weather. He's hard as nails that lad. 2 weeks after getting studs in the face he still goes in for every challenge.

And it's not really negative thinking RC. It's more realism and not counting your chickens.

Maybe just maybe the WC will play a part and the gut busters will dip to save themself. be nice that. Hard to see it but just maybe.

48 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

lets face the truth  , after 11 matchs   who is in fine fettle   to challenge M/city   for  the  EPL title ???

my answer is no one , lets go through the contenders for a  major upset, in any order

1/ Arsenal   have Wenger in charge   so that takes care of them

2/ Totts  do not have the bottle  or experience ,and if Kane  is missing ,  enuff said

3/L/pool has massive defensive problems, and overall the squad is very thin on classy players,Countino is the only exception,and he is not happy under the present cicumstances

4/ M/U  appears to be labouring  under Mou,s  play through a brick wall game plan or  mentality if one prefers ,  and  Pepe has got him over a barrell bigtime

5/ C/sea  are far from being a settled squad   this season   for 101 reasons,    its there for everyone to see  

in summing up , M/City can have several blips,which will come, but the above teams will experience the same,the biggest assett is their attacking footy a joy to watch ,there will be no bottle job with Pepe at the helm,   this season he has  proved to me   he can cut it   day in and day out   in the Premier League, where i had previous reservations about that  ,who will run second is anyones guess , anyway they  can please themselves  ,Winners are the only grinners and M/City will win by panels , a nice evening to all:smile:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Offer us 100m quid for Danny Rose and see what happens.

200m coming your way real soon from Madrid.  Nice bit of bunce but unearthing the next kane will take years. Zidane continues on the path he is on and Pochettino is gone too so plans definitely need making for Team Harry FC. 

Edited by Rc2702
Have another beer then ronald

Just now, Rc2702 said:

200m coming your way real soon from Madrid.  Nice bit of bunch but unearthing the next kane will take years. Zidane continues on the path he is on and Pochettino is gone too so plans definitely need making for Team Harry FC. 

Nah we'll take the 100m quid for Rose thanks. :clap2:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Nah we'll take the 100m quid for Rose thanks. :clap2:

No pal you will keep it lipped and refrain from taking your nose out of levy rearend which I'm sure you will tell us smells of Roses  You will nod when the strings are pulled and be thankful. That's the spurs fans DNA that.  Weird all these spuds about anyway I reckon you were a gunner at some point. I reckon spurs fans are proper turncoats.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

No pal you will keep it lipped and refrain from taking your nose out of levy rearend which I'm sure you will tell us smells of Roses  You will nod when the strings are pulled and be thankful. That's the spurs fans DNA that.  Weird all these spuds about anyway I reckon you were a gunner at some point. I reckon spurs fans are proper turncoats.

Insult away r2d2....we're doing just fine and money is not and has not been an issue for a long time at WHL.

Meanwhile we will be following Winks rise to the first team....funny I'm just wondering who will be next to rise to our first team from our ranks.

Not many teams can say that in the Premiership....far less in the top end of the table.