Manchester City

mrbojangles

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "possibly your most ridiculous comment of the year".

Steady on, try READING my post instead of getting emotional as you always do.

Your buddy posted "Depend's how you define the richest club" to which I referred to Deloitte and Forbes who both provide a report each year on the top 20 RICHEST/WEALTHIEST clubs in the world.

I read what you said and just to reiterate, its absolute nonsense in the context of what you are clearly trying to suggest.

Its another own goal BB.  Merry Christmas nonetheless!!

13 minutes ago, carmine said:

I read what you said and just to reiterate, its absolute nonsense in the context of what you are clearly trying to suggest.

So what's your response to my question about how unfair it is on all the clubs who are not as rich as Spurs? I'm starting to think it's just pure jealousy now. Well Carms, we don't really care as we have been the poor relations for donkey's years and can now compete with those that have had it all to themselves for years

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So what's your response to my question about how unfair it is on all the clubs who are not as rich as Spurs? I'm starting to think it's just pure jealousy now. Well Carms, we don't really care as we have been the poor relations for donkey's years and can now compete with those that have had it all to themselves for years

Don't sound very convincing to me!!  

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So what's your response to my question about how unfair it is on all the clubs who are not as rich as Spurs? I'm starting to think it's just pure jealousy now.

Spot on BJ....being successful,for whatever reason,brings criticism and at times derision from small minded individuals....regard their criticism as backhanded praise,you have "made it" now and other less successful clubs fans do not like it....oh they will come up with this or that excuse but at the end of the day they are as jealous as fark about it.

Live with it......enjoy the Christmas break Barry,I,m lying round the pool here in Krabi missing wet and miserable rockadale maak maak...:clap2:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, petermik said:

Spot on BJ....being successful,for whatever reason,brings criticism and at times derision from small minded individuals....regard their criticism as backhanded praise,you have "made it" now and other less successful clubs fans do not like it....oh they will come up with this or that excuse but at the end of the day they are as jealous as fark about it.

Live with it......enjoy the Christmas break Barry,I,m lying round the pool here in Krabi missing wet and miserable rockadale maak maak...:clap2:

Is this the part where you start on about the perceived ABU's that apparently inhabit the length and breast of the planet, whilst all wallowed up in the RAGs obsessive self importance?  

Fact is, whether you, MrB or anyone else will admit it, our squad value is down to bringing young players through and increasing their value,  buying wisely and increasing their value too.  Its not been about lashing 600m in two years.  This is the only point being made and its a fair point.

Wonder what Ferguson would have made of Jose, having spent 300m and complaining about his squad depth, only to park the bus at OT against your noisy neighbors?!! Got to admit, its kind of hilarious.   He would have been hemorrhaging!!

Don't get sunburnt.

Edited by carmine

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Its another own goal BB.  Merry Christmas nonetheless!!

Your buddy posted about Richest club. I answered about Richest/Wealthiest, in which i stated that City are not the richest in England, not that much richer than 3 other English clubs in the positions  directly below us. I also stated that Spurs are the 10th or the 12th, depending on if you use Forbes or Deloitte, RICHEST/WEALTHIEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.  All accounting facts Carmine!

So not an own goal was it unless you care to explain!

Merry Christmas to you and yours:smile:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Fact is, whether you, MrB or anyone else will admit it, our squad value is down to bringing young players through and increasing their value,  buying wisely and increasing their value too.  Its not been about lashing 600m in two years.  This is the only point being made and its a fair point.

I accept that Carms and well done. We literally had to start from scratch but as you saw in the article BB posted a link to, our owners are serious about bringing youth through also.

One thing I don't agree about Spurs though, is the small wages and selling on your best talent. It just isn't showing ambition and whilst you carry on doing that I doubt you will win much. You have to start looking at keeping your best players. IMO of course

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I accept that Carms and well done. We literally had to start from scratch but as you saw in the article BB posted a link to, our owners are serious about bringing youth through also.

One thing I don't agree about Spurs though, is the small wages and selling on your best talent. It just isn't showing ambition and whilst you carry on doing that I doubt you will win much. You have to start looking at keeping your best players. IMO of course

I am troubled that the wages are so low, and i don't really know why.  Its not like we have to wait till next season to increase them.  Alderweirald is a big worry.  Levy seems very confident he'll stay so maybe somethings going on in the background we don't know about.  It does seem so unrealistic that something simply must be going on, what i don't know.  In Alderweiralds case its not so much about the money, he knows he can get top dollar anywhere.  He's looking at his last five year contract and knows he can go anywhere.  I can see him playing for one of two Spanish clubs next season, no matter how much we were to offer him.  Can't blame him either.  He's that good.

Selling our best players?  We sold Berbatov, Modric and Bale.  The later two had their hearts set on Madrid, same as Ronaldo.  They all went and no one would have kept them.  More recently, can't think of any of our best players going.  Walker was a good player that had lost his starting position but not one of our best.  We also had immediate cover.  I have a feeling Walker didn't like playing second fiddle but to be fair he looks a better player right now anyway.  Who else?  

29 minutes ago, carmine said:

Selling our best players?  We sold Berbatov, Modric and Bale.  The later two had their hearts set on Madrid, same as Ronaldo.  They all went and no one would have kept them.  More recently, can't think of any of our best players going.  Walker was a good player that had lost his starting position but not one of our best.  We also had immediate cover.  I have a feeling Walker didn't like playing second fiddle but to be fair he looks a better player right now anyway.  Who else?  

You've named most and I thank you for Walker as he is flourishing at City. Maybe I shouldn't have said best but also players with potential. Personally, I think you could have got more out of Defoe and didn't Crouch come through your youth academy to be sold, bought back and sold again? Maybe Ginola, who was Player of the Year whilst at Spurs was dumped a bit too quickly?

Chadli plays for Belgium so he can't be a duffer. Soldado?

36 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You've named most and I thank you for Walker as he is flourishing at City. Maybe I shouldn't have said best but also players with potential. Personally, I think you could have got more out of Defoe and didn't Crouch come through your youth academy to be sold, bought back and sold again? Maybe Ginola, who was Player of the Year whilst at Spurs was dumped a bit too quickly?

Chadli plays for Belgium so he can't be a duffer. Soldado?

Soldado was a flop.  Chadli left many including myself with a mixed opinion.  Would i rather have him on the bench than Sissoko, you bet.  In hindsight Defoe would have stayed as a back up striker.  Regardless, none of those players bar Ginola would get near our current starting line up.  We've upgraded across the board so no, i don't go along with losing players with potential.  Crouchy was bought in by, he followed Redknapp and was a decent player but never going to be a world beater.  We got the most out of him but to go to the next level we needed better than him.  

Theres a handful of highly talented academy lads that have more potential than any of them (Ginola being the anomaly) and that is a better bet.  In many ways, if you are not buying top draw proven CL players you might be better hanging your hopes on developing the youngsters you know.  Skipp, Onomah, Carter-Vickers, Walker-Peter, Harrison, Edwards.  I truly believe these lads have more potential than any you mentioned, obviously with Ginola exemption.  Problem is, most are still a bit too young.  

Winks is a good example and the only time i've ever seen him looking out of his depth was against City last week.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Bob. Tried to respond to your points in red above. I'm on my bladdy holidays ya know and you are too aren't you:tongue:

Bloody work delayed me 8 days...only getting off this arvo, arriving Christmas morning...as you could imagine I was not happy, this thread was a great outlet :biggrin:

Better late than never, enjoy mate!

Sorry guys; can't make the predictions today.

Anyway going by last week I do need to rest up and take stock. What a disaster; just 3 out of 10.  It's been so busy last couple of days. I've just got on-line and there is my Xmas dosh to be made from BFair.

Bloody cow gave birth unexpected in someone else's farm. Koi carp are sick (not eating). One of the house cats ran off. Irrigation pump sprung a leak. Wife through a wobble over me not cleaning the pick-up (wanted to take her mother to hospital); she wouldn't make me a cup-of-rosy nomatter how much I whistled (that's women all over). And Milly is Santa's wife (didn't know he even had one) in some school nonsense for Monday (rehearsing like mad). What a tale of festive woe! Good job I've made up a few litres of ginger wine.

Whatever your thoughts about Xmas try to have a good/merry one and may your favourite team win all their matches.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

Carmine "our squad value is down to bringing young players through". Do us a favour and remind me who are all these young players brought through in to your team?

It strikes me that Spurs are a very wealthy club - 10th or 12th in the world no less - but your owners/management show little/no ambition in improving your team / squad by spending some of that dosh on buying top class players who will improve you and give you the chance to win something (for a change)..though I appreciate you've a new ground to finance. This for some reason makes you and your buddy very bitter against City but for some reason not against the richer ManU or against Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool - why is that I wonder?

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "our squad value is down to bringing young players through". Do us a favour and remind me who are all these young players brought through in to your team?

It strikes me that Spurs are a very wealthy club - 10th or 12th in the world no less - but your owners/management show little/no ambition in improving your team / squad by spending some of that dosh on buying top class players who will improve you and give you the chance to win something (for a change)..though I appreciate you've a new ground to finance. This for some reason makes you and your buddy very bitter against City but for some reason not against the richer ManU or against Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool - why is that I wonder?

YAWN

btw, forgot to ask; do you still believe in Father Christmas? :smile:

Edited by carmine

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your buddy posted about Richest club. I answered about Richest/Wealthiest, in which i stated that City are not the richest in England, not that much richer than 3 other English clubs in the positions  directly below us. I also stated that Spurs are the 10th or the 12th, depending on if you use Forbes or Deloitte, RICHEST/WEALTHIEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.  All accounting facts Carmine!

So not an own goal was it unless you care to explain!

Merry Christmas to you and yours:smile:

Your by far the richest club because you have the richest owners,  no one in the Uk has the amount of cash at their disposal that City have, crikey it's not rocket science !

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

My wife does Carms. Just got delivery this morning of her new bike in time for Xmas. Looks good next to mine eh20171224_055121.jpg20171224_060204.jpg

Crikey MrB ! I bet y'all get some looks tooling about on those ! Quite the hacienda as well !