Manchester City

mrbojangles

^I wasn't impressed with Walker first half at all but 2nd half he totally bullied Zaha.

An off day. Crap 1st half. Not bad 2nd. The only players I was happy with were Fernandinho and Otamendi. 3 points lost then a point won with Ederson' s save. 56 hours rest then Watford at home - brutal.

Palace will be ok this season with Woy in charge. They played City better than almost everybody this season so fair play to them.

46 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

2hrs after the game..the draw coupled with the 2 injuries means it really feels like we lost today.

Yh I must admit I'm licking my lips knowing de bruyne could be out and Jesus will be thinking this injury gives him the rest and recuperation a WC fir a brazilian requires. Take them two out and for sure another 100m is getting spent but the real value is palace getting a draw and showing the rest of the prem that city need to stifled. Still a long way to go no fat lady in sight.

Happy new year to all just sipping a bit of merlot. No 3km swim in sight mind

Edited by Rc2702

We all said Palace was gonna be difficult and so it came to be. Shame we couldn't get the record but deeper concerns are the injuries.

KdB, Jesus, Stones, Delph, Kompany, Mendy, Silva (absent). That is quite a list from mainly players who would be in the starting line up. We really need some back, pronto.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We all said Palace was gonna be difficult and so it came to be. Shame we couldn't get the record but deeper concerns are the injuries.

KdB, Jesus, Stones, Delph, Kompany, Mendy, Silva (absent). That is quite a list from mainly players who would be in the starting line up. We really need some back, pronto.

Here we go again !!!! multi million pound squad and moaning about injuries, which are part and parcel of the game and affect everyone:violin:

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Here we go again !!!! multi million pound squad and moaning about injuries, which are part and parcel of the game and affect everyone:violin:

I see you have started 2018 the same as you were in 2017

I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact and talking about City which is what this thread is about. If you were to talk about injuries in the Spurs thread I wouldn't be replying the same. Don't know why you have to be so argumentative all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see you have started 2018 the same as you were in 2017

I'm not moaning, I'm stating a fact and talking about City which is what this thread is about. If you were to talk about injuries in the Spurs thread I wouldn't be replying the same. Don't know why you have to be so argumentative all the time.

Where am i being argumentative  ?    i don't complain about injuries cos i accept it's part and parcel of the game but you come on here going on about injuries like it's not normal to suffer injuries , after all isn't that the reason why you have a large expensive squad ?  plus you have all these great youngsters that you lot keep talking about, just play some of them like other teams have to.

Incidentally Stones is no longer injured so you can take him off your list. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like Jesus will be out for upto 2 months :sad:

commented at half time on his injury..pepe and trainers need rooting in letting him to continue.this type of injury can finished his career.make no mistake about that.fluffing clots

20 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

commented at half time on his injury..pepe and trainers need rooting in letting him to continue.this type of injury can finished his career.make no mistake about that.fluffing clots

All I can think is that Jesus said he was OK to carry on. Non of the staff would have made him carry on knowing he was injured that badly

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

All I can think is that Jesus said he was OK to carry on. Non of the staff would have made him carry on knowing he was injured that badly

thats hog wash.they fluffed up 

i was on full alert .when he came down in a splits position.and noted the trainers handling.it was red alert from there.players do not  tell trainers that they are o.k. it lays with the trainers to make that decision.and pepe had aquero on the bench to sub him..why risk a outstanding talent.its clearly a big fluff up.    btw had a trainers certificate perhaps outdated these days.and one golden rule is u only listen to the players answers being asked by u.   no way they can make a decision on their condition to play on..its up to the trainor and mngr.etc fullstop

12 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

thats hog wash.they fluffed up 

i was on full alert .when he came down in a splits position.and noted the trainers handling.it was red alert from there.players do not  tell trainers that they are o.k. it lays with the trainers to make that decision.and pepe had aquero on the bench to sub him..why risk a outstanding talent.its clearly a big fluff up.    btw had a trainers certificate perhaps outdated these days.and one golden rule is u only listen to the players answers being asked by u.   no way they can make a decision on their condition to play on..its up to the trainor and mngr.etc fullstop

Well whatever happened, we can't do anything about it now but I'm sure it's brought a smile to Arsenal's face and puts them in the driving seat for the price of Sanchez should we go for him in this transfer window.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well whatever happened, we can't do anything about it now but I'm sure it's brought a smile to Arsenal's face and puts them in the driving seat for the price of Sanchez should we go for him in this transfer window.

you have a 14 point cushion.plus a strong squad to cover your present injuries.it appears that something is leaking between your legs and its not squeaky bum time yet

Edited by evenstevens

10 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

you have a 14 point cushion.plus a strong squad to cover your present injuries.it appears that something is leaking between your legs and its not squeaky bum time yet

Nope E/S. No squeaking or leaking going on in my anatomy. Just pointing out the obvious that with Jesus out and Patrick Roberts on loan to Celtic, it only leaves us with Aguero in attack. Fortunately, we have players capable of scoring from various positions, so hopefully, we'll be fine with or without Sanchez

We have TWO forwards..Aguero and Jesus. We have players who can do a short term job up front in Sane, Sterling and Silva. It was a gamble going in to the season with just Aguero and Jesus, it will be a bigger gamble going in to the 2nd half of the season and the Champions league knockout relying on just Aguero and the 3 diddymen.

I don't get Alfies constant gripe. City buy players in the transfer window that's not right or unfair? Did he moan on the Liverpool pages over their purchase of VVD? Spurs can splash some cash if they want but probably can't as they have to pay for their new ground (thank you David Bernstein for doing the brilliant Etihad deal for us).

"Alderweireld’s contract contains a one-year extension option, which is scheduled to activate in the summer of 2019 and would see him contracted until 2020. But it also features a £25m release clause. In the summer of 2019, the central defender would be permitted to leave if a rival club were to pay £25m and complete the transfer at least 14 days before the closure of the window.The 28-year-old earns a basic wage of £50,000 a week at Tottenham and he wants a substantial rise in what could well be his last major contract."

Sign him up Pep for 25m and 100k a week contract. Bargain!

Some very dangerous "tackles" in the last few games.

Kane on Sterling. Yellow correctly given.
Deli on KDB. Yellow given; definite red and KDB very lucky not to be injured.
Newcastle player on Gundogan. Yellow given; definite red and Gundogan very lucky not to be injured.
Puncheoni on KDB. Yellow given; definite red and KDB injured.

Pep asking refs for protection but refs action is after the dangerous "tackle" so they can do nothing to help.

Anyone know which players get fouled the most in the Premier? Guessing Hazard and Silva are in the top 5.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope E/S. No squeaking or leaking going on in my anatomy. Just pointing out the obvious that with Jesus out and Patrick Roberts on loan to Celtic, it only leaves us with Aguero in attack. Fortunately, we have players capable of scoring from various positions, so hopefully, we'll be fine with or without Sanchez

Could always try and get Iheanacho on loan I suppose:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Its worth pointing out that in previous years when Aguero was the first choice striker in every game he often went down with an injury. So, hopefully he will be fit and stay fit while Jesus is out.

I honestly hope this doesn't mean Sanchez is a lock for City this window.

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm with you on that Jelly. Don't want to give Arsenal a single cent if we don't have to

Agreed with that, and Sanchez's bratty behavior of late is some cause for concern. A large part of City's success is constant sharing of the ball. Sanchez can be a ball hog. Wonderfully talented footballer though.