Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well that went well.

Almost a terrible start: they should have scored and it looked like a pen by Otamendi before a minute later we scored our first. Thereafter we coasted.

Gundogan and Bernardo were excellent. Wasn't impressed by Kompany and Otamendi: we still offer too many chances which better teams than Basel will take. Sterling was quiet. Delph was decent on his return. Walker offered a threat for 90 minutes. Ederson decent. KdB and Fernandinho were brilliant. Good to see merlin back. Sane looked very rusty but a bonus seeing him back.

Can't believe this !!!!!! :wacko:

Paris Saint-Germain may have splashed out a staggering €222million to sign Neymar from Barcelona, but the Ligue 1 side are not the biggest spenders in Europe. 

That honour goes to Manchester City who have spend a whopping €878m to create their current squad – over €70m more than PSG. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Can't believe this !!!!!! :wacko:

Paris Saint-Germain may have splashed out a staggering €222million to sign Neymar from Barcelona, but the Ligue 1 side are not the biggest spenders in Europe. 

That honour goes to Manchester City who have spend a whopping €878m to create their current squad – over €70m more than PSG. 

French defence budget cuts sound  like a ropey idea after Brexit. :tongue:

...and here we go again...Spurs fans (Alfie) raising City's money ...yawn!

Will City's youth be next?

Rest assured Alfie won't be going on about the next time City win the Premier - DEFINITELY WON'T BE GOING ABOUT WHEN WILL SPURS break their 57 year duck ;-)

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and here we go again...Spurs fans (Alfie) raising City's money ...yawn!

Will City's youth be next?

Rest assured Alfie won't be going on about the next time City win the Premier - DEFINITELY WON'T BE GOING ABOUT WHEN WILL SPURS break their 57 year duck ;-)

Unlikely whilst Gringotts are sponsoring Citeh.

57 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If Rochdale are bottom of League 1 and more than matched Spurs, and Wigan are 2nd in League 1, then we are in for a battle tonight. If Pep wasn't going to play a strong 11 (think he was) then he definitely will after seeing Spurs struggling. 

In fairness, Spurs put out a strong team. They really didn't want to have a replay. I reckon Poch will put out the same or similar in the replay but at Wembley I reckon it'll be a tough day for Rochdale.

After tonight's game we don't play again until Sunday, so Pep should put out his best 11 and try to kill the game ASAP. Although he'll still put Bravo out I reckon.

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

In fairness, Spurs put out a strong team. They really didn't want to have a replay. I reckon Poch will put out the same or similar in the replay but at Wembley I reckon it'll be a tough day for Rochdale.

After tonight's game we don't play again until Sunday, so Pep should put out his best 11 and try to kill the game ASAP. Although he'll still put Bravo out I reckon.

I reckon these lads will be on it big time at wembley. They have nothing to lose. Biggest came of their lives thry will not go down without a fight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well done Wigan

Yes. I watched only the second half. When I learned that City were a man down, I thought Wigan would create at least 2-3 chances in the second half. Well, they were totally dominated by City, and had only 1 chance, and they scored from that and won :)

Now, they are at home to Southampton in the quarters......decent chance to make it to the semis.

Very strange sending off. Has a yellow,  everyone sees it, gets surrounded by Wigan players, changes it to red. What!

The game wasn't greatly influenced by the red,  though it didn't help us. Wigan took their chance, fair play to them;  City had loads of chances, couldn't put one in.

We should be stronger next season;  'one shot one goal' Bravo will be replaced ;-)

2300.jpeg

Doubt there'll be any mention of the money spent at both clubs either. :whistling:

Shock horror, i see BJ mentioned money on the Spurs thread :cheesy: :cheesy:  anyway i think there is a bigger gap between money spent with yourselves and Wigan than ourselves and Rochdale :passifier:

Suggest you spend another load of money if you want to do the quadruple :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

Really pleased that I missed that one and I won't see a replay. Aguero to be suspended ?

So City without a number 9 against Arsenal in the Carabooboo Cup, and the Gunners with only Welbeck. Not much of an advantage to Arsenal.