Manchester City

mrbojangles

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This all day long.

Welcome back to Earth lads. :partytime2:

Alfie, the upset isn't so much as to was it or wasn't it a red (i didn't think it was but you probably do),

but the way the ref changed the yellow to red after he was surrounded by wigan players. WHY? It looked like they 'influenced' his decision.

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This all day long.

And yet Aguero got studs in the leg/thigh earlier on and their player got away with it.

Delph's tackle was a daft one and can't really complain with getting a red for that, although the yellow coming out first caused controversy.

Even at 10 men we had plenty of chances to go in front, so can't complain at Wigan making the most of one of their scarce chances. Walker fluffed it but still, a decent goalie would have saved that shot.

Really hope Pep puts out his best team on Sunday and plays Ederson but I've got a horrible feeling he'll stick with Bravo. If he does he should let the City fans know early so they can cancel their travel arrangements

"

I've got a horrible feeling he'll stick with Bravo. If he does he should let the City fans know early so they can cancel their travel arrangements"

Well summed up, he really is a worry!  Seemed to affect the 2 CBs last night, and he scares the hell out of me. As a shotstopper he is very poor.

39 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"

I've got a horrible feeling he'll stick with Bravo. If he does he should let the City fans know early so they can cancel their travel arrangements"

Well summed up, he really is a worry!  Seemed to affect the 2 CBs last night, and he scares the hell out of me. As a shotstopper he is very poor.

Lack of backbone showing at the business end BB.

You can have Sissoko for £20m.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie, the upset isn't so much as to was it or wasn't it a red (i didn't think it was but you probably do),

but the way the ref changed the yellow to red after he was surrounded by wigan players. WHY? It looked like they 'influenced' his decision.

Perhaps he remembered Pep saying he wanted stronger action on bad foul's, he can't have it all way's  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"

I wouldn't blame Bravo for the goal. One on one you would expect a good striker to score and he did with a very well placed finish just inside the post. I wondered if Walker got a shout to "leave it". If he did, he should be blameless too.

Interesting to see Fernandinho finish the match as the big lad in the box for everyone to lump it forward to. Even Pep isn't above the most basic tactic.

3 hours ago, champers said:

I wouldn't blame Bravo for the goal. One on one you would expect a good striker to score and he did with a very well placed finish just inside the post. I wondered if Walker got a shout to "leave it". If he did, he should be blameless too.

Interesting to see Fernandinho finish the match as the big lad in the box for everyone to lump it forward to. Even Pep isn't above the most basic tactic.

Walker has to be blamed for the initial error...strange that he left it. But Bravo had plenty of time to ready himself for the shot but as usual got nowhere near it - i'd expect a quality goalie to do better. I know Pep has to play Bravo but he's a negative on the team.

On Pep's tactics/subs it was strange he took off David Silva when we were chasing the game for KdB - should have had the two together. Should have hooked Gundogan or Bernardo or a centreback. At the end when we were wellying the ball in to the box surprised he didn't put Kompany up there - crossing to the diddymen don't work.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

t.b.h.  i did.nt see this coming .skull pepe  on many occassions . always doe.s his bolt ( h/ time spat)when things do not go his way .and his players are  now taking suit on the pitch.never a good sign.let me tell you

I watched the game but didn't see the postmatch shenanigans. Did you? Did the City players cause the trouble or were they just reacting to the wigan fans?

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now seen it,  definite Red, used excessive force ! the way you have worded i thought he had shown a Yellow and changed it for a Red, when in fact all the ref done was got out a Yellow and changed his mind and decided to give a Red, nothing wrong with that :1zgarz5: :biggrin:

4 hours ago, champers said:

Why would someone shout to leave it ? nah Walker's always been prone to little error's ! :wacko:

46 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

its well documented in the Brits Tabs

Seems a bit unclear.  I've read Aguero struck out and Aguero reacted to being attacked...im not sure yet which is correct. 

Also being reported that:

"City also appear set to make a complaint to Wigan in the coming days as they believe their players were put at risk by the pitch invasion. They will want to know whether the stewarding at the DW Stadium for such a high-profile tie was adequate. City will then consider whether to make an official complaint of their own especially with what happened to Aguero who was confronted before being pulled away by coach Mikel Arteta..."

What's people's opinion? Aguero guilty or not?

Skull Pepe had a dust up with Wigan,s Cook.in the tunnell at half time, but he buttered the incident up at his press conference, typical Turn Coat he is a angry ant when the heat is turned up,  on him,  another overpaid   huge ego managerial jerk ,even when taking his managering record into account

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We told them this time and again...Walker is defensively suspect and always has been.

Did you see it? Not a case of being defensively suspect as in failure to track players, etc; he let it run for some strange reason. It looked like he appealed hand up - for offside? - and let it run expecting the refs whistle which never came.

Have to say though, it was a brilliant finish.  

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Did you see it? Not a case of being defensively suspect as in failure to track players, etc; he let it run for some strange reason. It looked like he appealed hand up - for offside? - and let it run expecting the refs whistle which never came.

Have to say though, it was a brilliant finish.  

I recall his nervousness in our early CL games and he always was our weakest link.

He makes errors he shouldn't and that just won't change as he's not the brightest lightbulb.

Edited by RonniePickering22

16 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Skull Pepe had a dust up with Wigan,s Cook.in the tunnell at half time, but he buttered the incident up at his press conference, typical Turn Coat he is a angry ant when the heat is turned up,  on him,  another overpaid   huge ego managerial jerk ,even when taking his managering record into account

Don't agree with your account. Pep and Cook had a bust up - agreed. We lost. Pep, I think, is being magnanimous in congratulating Wigan's victory and refusing to moan about the red card/bust-up. We should be applauding his approach, the anti-Wenger.

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I recall his nervousness in our early CL games and he always was our weakest link.

He makes errors he shouldn't and that just won't change as he's not the brightest lightbulb.

May be true in your set-up but not so in ours. Defensively he's no weaker than Stones and Danilo, but as our game is offensive based, he's a major asset. Not sure how bright he is but he's got one of the worst hairstyles in the Premier;  must be a Spurs fullback thing having seen Rose's and Trippier's dreadful hairdo.

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't agree with your account. Pep and Cook had a bust up - agreed. We lost. Pep, I think, is being magnanimous in congratulating Wigan's victory and refusing to moan about the red card/bust-up. We should be applauding his approach, the anti-Wenger.

I bet you'd take a replay today wouldn't you? :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

May be true in your set-up but not so in ours. Defensively he's no weaker than Stones and Danilo, but as our game is offensive based, he's a major asset. Not sure how bright he is but he's got one of the worst hairstyles in the Premier;  must be a Spurs fullback thing having seen Rose's and Trippier's dreadful hairdo.

Like I said he will be a major weak link against the best CL teams.