Manchester City

mrbojangles

What ever happened to the days of staying to the end of a cup final and applauding the losing team? Did it in 74 vs Wolves and 81 vs Spurs. 10mins to go the Arsenal fans had nearly all gone and when City lifted the trophy the Arsenal HALF OF THE GROUND was empty. Long way to North london is it? Piss poor respect to both sides!

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What ever happened to the days of staying to the end of a cup final and applauding the losing team? Did it in 74 vs Wolves and 81 vs Spurs. 10mins to go the Arsenal fans had nearly all gone and when City lifted the trophy the Arsenal HALF OF THE GROUND was empty. Long way to North london is it? Piss poor respect to both sides!

Plastic gooners lol.

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Here's hoping we get another one over on Arsenal on Thursday. Then a quick turnaround to play Chelsea on Sunday. That final has caused a bit of congestion in the fixtures. Could have done with some easier games

That wasn't an easy game???

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree. He's been a rock this year and it worried me that. Hopefully get an update soon

Be interesting to see how Pep handles a lengthy absence. Delph as a replacement ? Stones ? Surely not on his last legs Yaya. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

In the interests of my fantasy team.... what are the chances that Sterling will come back Thursday's game?

Also expecting Aguero to play the next two PL games as he will probably best rested against Basel?

Was nearly ok for the Carabao Cup so hopefully will be fit.

If it's the Premier Fantasy League you are in, you can join the Thai Visa League (if not in already). Code is below.

This year's  Thai Visa Classic League Entry Code is 10644-3677

16 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Or Gundogan, who consistently underwhelms me.

Just saw a report that Fernandinho is out at least the next two matches.

Thought Gundogan had a poor 1st half yesterday and I was looking for him to be replaced by Bernardo. Going forward Gundogan is decent  but he's too lightweight and not very athletic so defending he's not up to it.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Was nearly ok for the Carabao Cup so hopefully will be fit.

If it's the Premier Fantasy League you are in, you can join the Thai Visa League (if not in already). Code is below.

This year's  Thai Visa Classic League Entry Code is 10644-3677

OK nice one - I sense some tricky weeks ahead, all of the inexpensive players I have aren't getting me points. Plus I'm reluctant to pick more Liverpool players on principle. 

24 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

OK nice one - I sense some tricky weeks ahead, all of the inexpensive players I have aren't getting me points. Plus I'm reluctant to pick more Liverpool players on principle. 

More fool you:thumbsup:...Mind you. a tricky blue used that strategy last season I think....and came #1 in the world!:sad:

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

More fool you:thumbsup:...Mind you. a tricky blue used that strategy last season I think....and came #1 in the world!:sad:

Haha... I've got Salah but the rest aren't usually too reliable any way. If Sterling injury turns out to be bad I might try and fit Willian in. 

• Like 1

I see Wilshere is moaning about the ref and saying "Whatever you say about the first goal, it is a foul. The second goal is offside."

Well Dermot Gallaher in ref watch, disagrees with you Jack

Incident: Shkodran Mustafi believed he was fouled by Sergio Aguero in the build-up to City's opener at Wembley.

Dermot's verdict: Correct decision, no foul.

Dermot says: I just thought he [Aguero] was too strong, he had more desire and wanted the ball. He is looking at all kind of things, but for me it is just not a foul.

Incident: The VAR was used for Manchester City's second goal scored by Kompany. It was ruled that Leroy Sane was in an offside position, but he was not affecting David Ospina in Arsenal's goal.

Dermot's verdict: Correct decision, no offside.

Dermot says: It was a goal because the ball deflected off Kompany and Ospina is diving towards his right. Kompany diverts the ball towards the left, and Sane is nowhere near him [Ospina] and has no impact whatsoever on him. The deflection off Kompany takes it the other way, Sane does not play the ball, so he does not get involved in play and he clearly does not interfere with Ospina's dive because he cannot get back anyhow. It is all about line of vision…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I see Wilshere is moaning about the ref and saying "Whatever you say about the first goal, it is a foul. The second goal is offside."

Well Dermot Gallaher in ref watch, disagrees with you Jack

Incident: Shkodran Mustafi believed he was fouled by Sergio Aguero in the build-up to City's opener at Wembley.

Dermot's verdict: Correct decision, no foul.

Dermot says: I just thought he [Aguero] was too strong, he had more desire and wanted the ball. He is looking at all kind of things, but for me it is just not a foul.

Incident: The VAR was used for Manchester City's second goal scored by Kompany. It was ruled that Leroy Sane was in an offside position, but he was not affecting David Ospina in Arsenal's goal.

Dermot's verdict: Correct decision, no offside.

Dermot says: It was a goal because the ball deflected off Kompany and Ospina is diving towards his right. Kompany diverts the ball towards the left, and Sane is nowhere near him [Ospina] and has no impact whatsoever on him. The deflection off Kompany takes it the other way, Sane does not play the ball, so he does not get involved in play and he clearly does not interfere with Ospina's dive because he cannot get back anyhow. It is all about line of vision…

Wilshere the ignorant, short-fused, redneck clod. Wenger should have offloaded he and a host of other under performing players long ago. Now he's stuck with a squad consisting of the talented lazy and a gaggle of mediocrities.

Edited by jellydog

Just now, jellydog said:

Wilshere the ignorant, short-fused, redneck clod. Wenger should have offloaded he and a host of other under performing players long ago. Now he's stuck with a squad consisting of the talented lazy and a host of mediocrities.

Didn't watch it all but most people were saying Wilshire was the only Arsenal player who showed any fight.

Anyway, you won 3-0...move on! I don't think anyone is seriously trying to discredit City's win. Arsenal players don't count. 

To be fair, I think Wilshire gets into England's WC team at present. For the record mine would be:

Butland

Walker Cahill Stones  Bertrand

Dier

Wilshire

Ali          Lingard         Sterling  / Ox 

Kane