Manchester City

mrbojangles

Edited by PREM-R
Double

The Price of Success...... 2.06 Million Pounds per point

From the BBC -  "During the two seasons of Pep Guardiola's reign at the club they (Man City)  have spent £476m to bring in 23 players, including an unprecedented Premier League outlay of £284m during the two transfer windows of 2017-18."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43898708

Only the top six Premier League clubs have a positive goal difference.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

From the BBC -  "During the two seasons of Pep Guardiola's reign at the club they (Man City)  have spent £476m to bring in 23 players, including an unprecedented Premier League outlay of £284m during the two transfer windows of 2017-18."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43898708

Only the top six Premier League clubs have a positive goal difference.

So its already a two tier league.  Sad!

Edited by carmine

7 hours ago, PREM-R said:

I am absolutely certain the long suffering and long term City fans will not care one jot about costs,just happy in the knowledge that they are able to compete now at the highest levels and with flair and entertaining football.......those that want to criticize them for there new found wealth do so out of pure jealousy.............:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

I am absolutely certain the long suffering and long term City fans will not care one jot about costs,just happy in the knowledge that they are able to compete now at the highest levels and with flair and entertaining football.......those that want to criticize them for there new found wealth do so out of pure jealousy.............:thumbsup:

Spot on peter :thumbsup:

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Come off it mate. It's been a 2 if not 3 tier league for years

Can't remember it being so much so but it does make a bit of a mockery of all that tosh about ne easy games , the most competitive league.  Thats just rubbish, a pleasant fiction thats inspired by Sky Sports

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Spot on peter :thumbsup:

Always is spot on if you agree with it, right?  

More like the fan of another big spending club agreeing with another.  You scratch my back 'an all that.

Mind you, atleast he's discussing football now rather than trying to be the forum hard man!!:shock1:

Edited by carmine

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Spot on Carms :tongue:

Ho ho.  But seriously, this myth perpetrated by Sky is really irritating.  Apart from a top six clash any defeat to another club now is almost deemed an "upset"  Thats a sad state of things

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Ho ho.  But seriously, this myth perpetrated by Sky is really irritating.  Apart from a top six clash any defeat to another club now is almost deemed an "upset"  Thats a sad state of things

But.....but... but....... Lestah!

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Mind you, atleast he's discussing football now rather than trying to be the forum hard man!!:shock1:

If by asking someone who called me on several occasions "a turd" on this forum to meet and have a "chat" over a beer or three is being a "hard man" then yes I am.............all five foot eight of me :thumbsup:

By your reluctance to accept my offer I put you down as "all mouth and no trousers" :whistling:

GET A LIFE

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Surprise! surprise! Another money discussion on the City thread. 

What's the alternative? To talk about how beautiful we have been playing or the records we have smashed. Nah, we'll be getting this for a while BB. 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

What's the alternative? To talk about how beautiful we have been playing or the records we have smashed. Nah, we'll be getting this for a while BB. 

Enough praise has already been spoken of your football.  You might want to hear more, granted but theres already been enough, as i think you already know.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Enough has already been spoken of money on this thread.  You might want to state more, granted, but theres already been enough, as i think you already know.

The transfer window opens very soon so there is plenty of running to be done especially on this thread.

I can see a new striker arriving....maybe a Neymar?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes and their best player immediately snapped up that summer.

Watch what happens at Liverpool this summer!

Lol, trying to put us in the Leicester transfer bracket, no one leaves Liverpool this summer that isn't surplus. Back to Back UCL qualification, not a one off league win here pal. I'd use your own club as a reference next time, they are closer in relation to the subject. 

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Lol, trying to put us in the Leicester transfer bracket, no one leaves Liverpool this summer that isn't surplus. Back to Back UCL qualification, not a one off league win here pal. I'd use your own club as a reference next time, they are closer in relation to the subject. 

It was more of a reference to net spend Bob than your club's stature.

Ultimately if a huge offer comes in for Bobby or Salah what will the chairman do?

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It was more of a reference to net spend Bob than your club's stature.

Ultimately if a huge offer comes in for Bobby or Salah what will the chairman do?

Nothing, he will do nothing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Nothing, he will do nothing. 

I think you're right there....Klopp deserves to be making those decisions based on his performance so far.

I wonder if you will spend more than your income this summer however.

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I think you're right there....Klopp deserves to be making those decisions based on his performance so far.

I wonder if you will spend more than your income this summer however.

Yeah it’s up to Klopp, for sure he calls the shots now and the owners trust him. 

Spending will be an interesting one this summer, again now is the time if ever to spend! 

City will probably finish outside top 4, its a tradition when you won it , the season after will be a struggle. Money doesnt matter. Remove 3-4 key players from City and you will be a good top 6 team.

42 minutes ago, balo said:

City will probably finish outside top 4, its a tradition when you won it , the season after will be a struggle. Money doesnt matter. Remove 3-4 key players from City and you will be a good top 6 team.

LOL balo they will be adding three or four top drawer stars more like!!

Worst 45 of the season? Pep picked the wrong starting 11. Player's head's on holidays already. Waiting to lose to a shock goal. Poor!

Sterling isn't a central forward. Gundogan isn't Silva and can't get in to the game. Passes going astray. 2nd best to the loose ball. And then we have Bravo in goal as a handicap.

Sort it out Pep. Jesus on in the middle. Walker on for Danilo and Sterling wide right for Bernardo.

Grr!