Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Here's an interesting article. This is based on how much it cost supporters to see a goal last year.

Spurs were 11th most expensive at an average cost of £16.13 per goal

City were number one cheapest at £4.90 per goal 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962937/Premier-League-table-ranked-season-ticket-value-per-goal-sportgalleries

Noticed you haven't put how much each goal cost the club ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No one is giving up their season ticket with a waiting list at Tottenham of many thousands especially when its easy to sell half of it in any case.

Fewer and fewer are going to every game on a simple cost basis but it doesn't mean our ground will not be full most weeks.

I do object to ticket hikes of 33% in many cases this season for the same seating....and some are refusing to attend the Liverpool game as a protest against this.

For the fans it is not an infinite income and there are plenty who have supported a long time who are grumbling at it.

BOOM. Nail on the head. Some of the lower income fanatics/guys/families will forego family holidays to pay for a season ticket (I know both United and City fans who do the same) until eventually they just simply can't afford it no more. They will probably be replaced with more affluent supporters but at the expense and misery of others. That has really been my only main point

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Here's an interesting article. This is based on how much it cost supporters to see a goal last year.

Spurs were 11th most expensive at an average cost of £16.13 per goal

City were number one cheapest at £4.90 per goal 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/962937/Premier-League-table-ranked-season-ticket-value-per-goal-sportgalleries

Honestly mate, this is just desperate stuff!!!  

25 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No i don't  and that's why i have asked  the questions that you haven't answered !!! anyway i will ask them again !

Funny how you are  an expert on net spend but can't understand something as simple as fans value for money. i.e. what value for money are your fans getting for what they spend on tickets and going to games.

The link I posted earlier touched on it but that was only about cost per goals and the only answer you could give was referring back to the club cost. Leave the club finances out of this subject for a minute and look at what you (the supporter) is getting for your pound

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

BOOM. Nail on the head. Some of the lower income fanatics/guys/families will forego family holidays to pay for a season ticket (I know both United and City fans who do the same) until eventually they just simply can't afford it no more. They will probably be replaced with more affluent supporters but at the expense and misery of others. That has really been my only main point

You also have to take into account our enormous fan base of course which allows the club more latitude on pricing unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Honestly mate, this is just desperate stuff!!!  

Ditto when you guys point out net spend week on week. This is showing Spurs in not a good light and so it's "desperate"

At least that was about what the most important people at a club are getting for their money. But hey, let's get back to net spend and how little your owner is putting back in

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how you are  an expert on net spend but can't understand something as simple as fans value for money. i.e. what value for money are your fans getting for what they spend on tickets and going to games.

The link I posted earlier touched on it but that was only about cost per goals and the only answer you could give was referring back to the club cost. Leave the club finances out of this subject for a minute and look at what you (the supporter) is getting for your pound

Was discussing value for money at Wembley the other day.

7 quid for two bits of chicken and a dollop of lank and pale chips in a cardboard box.

5 and a half quid for a bottle of warm Budweiser.

I had a walk around for 15 mins. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think this is one MrBoj's finest posts ever, an express article on bang for your buck, look at how much per goal you are paying... ??

Sorry Bob. Don't you go to watch your team score. Liverpool were £15.22 by the way, so I can see why you aren't interested either ?

Honestly though. That's exactly how I feel when all this net spend sheite is posted is posted

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You also have to take into account our enormous fan base of course which allows the club more latitude on pricing unfortunately.

I'm sure about "enormous" but it is the biggest in London!! ?

• Like 1

Sorry Bob. Don't you go to watch your team score. Liverpool were £15.22 by the way, so I can see why you aren't interested either ?

Honestly though. That's exactly how I feel when all this net spend sheite is posted is posted

Well exactly, who give a toss where the money comes from!!!?

It would be more fun to discuss how you will replace your talisman KDB but you will just slot in Mahrez instead.

Solution: Get Mahrez to break his leg then we can have a proper football discussion! :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It would be more fun to discuss how you will replace your talisman KDB but you will just slot in Mahrez instead.

Solution: Get Mahrez to break his leg then we can have a proper football discussion! :thumbsup:

What a position to be in when you can complain , with a degree of justification too,  to be weakened by a player being out injured yet replace him with a player in his prime and a past player of the year....and were supposed to be rivals to that!!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

It would prove to be embarrassing for Spurs. You really don't understand the point?

No i don't that's why i asked the following questions that you don't seem to be able to answer !!!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Come on mate, you are the 2nd most expensive in the division. You might not "hear" people bitching put they most definitely are (as per my post about your supporters trust)

Was having a think about your prices and how you Spurs lot go on and on and on and on and on...…...about net spend and the teams who spend most should win the league. Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

So what is the relationship between the two ?  and what is your point ?

Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

So what would that prove that we don't already know ?

20 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Was discussing value for money at Wembley the other day.

7 quid for two bits of chicken and a dollop of lank and pale chips in a cardboard box.

5 and a half quid for a bottle of warm Budweiser.

I had a walk around for 15 mins. :biggrin:

Do they search you as well to make sure you ain't bringing in your own food. Last time I went to City they were

Just now, mrbojangles said:

You see. There you are again. We haven't been "complaining" about it. He's an important player in our squad and it was reported but yet you call it complaining

You are being over sensitive.  How about "feel disappointed" ?  Is that ok?  Regardless i still mean the same point.

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

No i don't that's why i asked the following questions that you don't seem to be able to answer !!!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Come on mate, you are the 2nd most expensive in the division. You might not "hear" people bitching put they most definitely are (as per my post about your supporters trust)

Was having a think about your prices and how you Spurs lot go on and on and on and on and on...…...about net spend and the teams who spend most should win the league. Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

So what is the relationship between the two ?  and what is your point ?

Be interesting to see a league table of supporters spend V silverware

So what would that prove that we don't already know ?

I've answered alfie

FANS VALUE FOR MONEY

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Do they search you as well to make sure you ain't bringing in your own food. Last time I went to City they were

Security search yes dunno about food as I usually eat at the market in Finchley....5 quid for a top quality burger at the farmers market. :biggrin:

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

hahaha, well yeah I just don't see the correlation between ticket prices and goals scored. Although I get the point you are trying to make.

To be fair where would this forum be without the Arabs ?

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

hahaha, well yeah I just don't see the correlation between ticket prices and goals scored. Although I get the point you are trying to make.

To be fair where would this forum be without the Arabs ?

That's what iv'e sorted been saying but no answer ?

• Like 1

I'm not being over sensitive as I know you choose your words carefully. And a jibe is a jibe

Yes you are i'm afraid and as far as a jibe....i'm merely highlighting an unpleasant reality to the rest of us so called challengers/rivals.  It is the way it is, whether you take it as a jibe or not.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I've never understood why people eat at grounds anyway, its just overpriced crap and always has been.

Pre match drinks and food elsewhere then on to the match!

Hurrah. At last we are in agreement on something this morning/afternoon ?

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Yes you are i'm afraid and as far as a jibe....i'm merely highlighting an unpleasant reality to the rest of us so called challengers/rivals.  It is the way it is, whether you take it as a jibe or not.

I didn't take the Mahrez bit as a jibe. I'll say it once again, we are very lucky to have a quality of depth in our squad.

It's the bit where you said we are "complaining" that I took as the jibe

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I didn't take the Mahrez bit as a jibe. I'll say it once again, we are very lucky to have a quality of depth in our squad.

It's the bit where you said we are "complaining" that I took as the jibe

Just a lazy choice or wording.

• Like 1

I was offered a season ticket back in July....premium seating with food before the game and halftime drinks.

Burger and a can of beer is the translation there. Oh and a "free" programme.

2300 quid I had to choose not to spend. :w00t: