Manchester City

mrbojangles

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

That's what iv'e sorted been saying but no answer ?

No it isn't because you asked what was the correlation before I posted about the cost per goals scored. I'll go and fetch it if you like. I used the goals one as I found it when searching for some data.

40 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It would be more fun to discuss how you will replace your talisman KDB but you will just slot in Mahrez instead.

Solution: Get Mahrez to break his leg then we can have a proper football discussion! :thumbsup:

Where's the similarity in those 2 players?

KdB will be covered IN MIDFIELD by Silva or Gundogan or Bernardo or Foden.

What was wrong with the ongoing discussion on fans. As a fan do you have no opinions on how you're  treated by your club, by other clubs when your away, by the Premier League, police, etc?

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What was wrong with the ongoing discussion on fans. As a fan do you have no opinions on how you're  treated by your club, by other clubs when your away, by the Premier League, police, etc?

Go and read my most recent post on the Liverpool thread my gnomish buddy....you might learn something about your fellow posters there.

How many matches a year do you attend? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually better to read the thread in total before posting this crap as its already been answered.

Try to keep up!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Go and read my most recent post on the Liverpool thread my gnomish buddy....you might learn something about your fellow posters there.

I see he's still posting more of the usual old c%$#!!!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Why does it matter? There are a vast number of us in here that are expats and so don't go to as many games as we'd like but we are still allowed an opinion on our club. Otherwise, you could ask that same question for nearly every post made in here.

There might also be some members in here who have been priced out of going and so they are at the very heart of this discussion but they don't attend.

For info. I have been priced out as contrary to belief, City won't put on a private jet to get me to the games. And I certainly couldn't make it back in time for the re-scheduled Monday night Spurs game ?

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Gnomish? Interesting.

After a decade on this forum i doubt there is anything i might learn of interest from your post on fellow posters.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

In most years i dont as i live in Thailand, however my brothers and nephews do attend; some of them all home games, most away games and some CL, while others just the home games. Why do you ask?

As we're  sharing how many matches a year do you attend? 

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Actually better to read the thread in total before posting this crap as its already been answered.

Try to keep up!!

I've  been reading the thread in full as ever and contributing  to it as usual...even you should have noticed.  You tried to change the ongoing thread about fans, which i believe  i instigated  yesterday, with nonsense about Mahrez replacing KdB to which i asked you to remain on topic. Keep up Ronnie old boy.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

In most years i dont as i live in Thailand, however my brothers and nephews do attend; some of them all home games, most away games and some CL, while others just the home games. Why do you ask?

As we're  sharing how many matches a year do you attend? 

I was asking because I wondered how effected you or anyone other expats who do not regularly visit UK would be by your concerns. Point being it doesn't really effect anyone on here, myself included, smokes seems to be the only person who regularly attends matches.

If I go home I'll attend a match, but that is once in a blue moon. 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Why does it matter? There are a vast number of us in here that are expats and so don't go to as many games as we'd like but we are still allowed an opinion on our club. Otherwise, you could ask that same question for nearly every post made in here.

There might also be some members in here who have been priced out of going and so they are at the very heart of this discussion but they don't attend.

For info. I have been priced out as contrary to belief, City won't put on a private jet to get me to the games. And I certainly couldn't make it back in time for the re-scheduled Monday night Spurs game ?

I just think it's an irrelevant discussion for 99% of the people on here, unless you attend regularly which 99% don't then you are not effected.

You've got direct flights from Riyadh now, and with the amount of time you've been working in KSA you could afford 19 pointy end flights a season and a private box at the Etihad. ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I was asking because I wondered how effected you or anyone other expats who do not regularly visit UK would be by your concerns. Point being it doesn't really effect anyone on here, myself included, smokes seems to be the only person who regularly attends matches.

But it affects people who i know and care about (family and friends) and millions of others who i don't know who regularly go to games. I hate the regular paying football  fan not being considered when idiots plan the game in london with no return train for them or boxing day/new years day games which are at a distant ground, etc. The regular fan seems to matter less and less to the 'football authorities, tv companies and even clubs (back to my original  complaint of City playing spurs at 4pm sunday now probably  being moved to  monday evening to accommodate  spurs ground <deleted> up!!!).

And as you point out, Ronnie is possibly the only person who regularly goes, but if you've read his flippant input the past few days he doesn't give a toss.

50 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I just think it's an irrelevant discussion for 99% of the people on here, unless you attend regularly which 99% don't then you are not effected.

You've got direct flights from Riyadh now, and with the amount of time you've been working in KSA you could afford 19 pointy end flights a season and a private box at the Etihad. ??

Can't  believe  a smart man like you typed that. So we should only discuss things or care about things which  directly affect us. Fuckin ell!

"10 years ago to the day, a relatively unknown 22 year-old joined Manchester City from Hamburg for a measly £6m fee."
Well that turned out well once he became an emergency centre back. Best captain since Tony Book. Huge influence on those around him. Hope we can get another few seasons out of him.

"10 years ago to the day, a relatively unknown 22 year-old joined Manchester City from Hamburg for a measly £6m fee."
Well that turned out well once he became an emergency centre back. Best captain since Tony Book. Huge influence on those around him. Hope we can get another few seasons out of him.

Emergency Centre Back?!:cheesy: .................As previously pointed out to you eons ago, Kompany was playing Centre Back for the Belgian National team from 2004.....years before he had even signed for City! .....You don't half talk some crap lad!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can't  believe  a smart man like you typed that. So we should only discuss things or care about things which  directly affect us. Fuckin ell!

I'm not smart fella,  and you're entitled to discuss whatever you like...just my one bob's opinion. 

I think as a whole football fans are treated like second class citizens at times, and portrayed as such in the media. They are treated different to fans of other sports, by law, politics, police, airlines etc. 

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He's far too obsessed with our stadium build, season ticket prices, transfer policy and club worth,  to give a toss about what goes on at City!  ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Neither does a club's net spend affect anyone here . So why does that get so much air time?

Well what a club spends (and where they get it from btw)  bares direct relevance to the league as a whole, of course it does,   its just that big spending clubs such as yourselves like to talk down its significance because it takes the gloss off your winnings.

I have no wish to continue this line of discussion mind you.?

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well what a club spends (and where they get it from btw)  bares direct relevance to the league as a whole, of course it does,   its just that big spending clubs such as yourselves like to talk down its significance because it takes the gloss off your winnings.

I have no wish to continue this line of discussion mind you.?

You keep on coming up with terms like "gloss" and "hollow" associated with us winning. Your off your rocker fella. Us City fans have never been happier.

And I wasn't talking down the money and it's significance, of course it's significant. Everything associated with our club is significant. In the instance you quoted I was comparing the two with Bob.

You also keep jibing about "and where they get it from". Don't know how many times we have to answer that but hey, ho. If slinging mud makes you happy

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You keep on coming up with terms like "gloss" and "hollow" associated with us winning. Your off your rocker fella. Us City fans have never been happier.

And I wasn't talking down the money and it's significance, of course it's significant. Everything associated with our club is significant. In the instance you quoted I was comparing the two with Bob.

You also keep jibing about "and where they get it from". Don't know how many times we have to answer that but hey, ho. If slinging mud makes you happy

Why does me thinking your silverware somewhat hollow make me off my rocker?  Its my opinion held by many many football fans that you neither like or agree with, for obvious reasons but has nothing at all to do with my mental state!!

Everybody knows where you get the money from btw and your answers have been given and simply not accepted, so theres no need for any frustration on your part, its just thats no ones having it.

Edited by carmine

4 minutes ago, carmine said:

Why does me thinking your silverware somewhat hollow make me off my rocker?

Because you intimate that "we" (City fans) feel it takes the gloss off. Which couldn't be further from the truth. However, if you are referring to other fans believing it takes the gloss off. Well, I'm not bothered one iota about them. Why should I be? 

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

Everybody knows where you get the money from btw and your answers have been given and simply not accepted, so theres no need for any frustration on your part, its just thats no ones having it.

Funny really. Because in that interview Bob linked to Neville/Carra in the United thread. At 5mins 30sec, Nev complemented us on our structure and that (biting his lip) United should try and emulate it.

There's no frustration because for some reason, I only ever hear this dodgy money garbage on here from you guys. So keep up with your jealousy, not knowing where your money goes (apart from a bank in the Bahamas) and be content in your net spend league. BTW, you can't even win that. ?