Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Not sure his comments will endear to to fans, are you?

He's right. Most City fans don't have this big love affair with the CL (due to reasons explained several times on here) the PL is more important to us. Pep's just try to gee up the fans. No problem with that.

Very impressive first half display. Some lovely passing. Took the foot off the pedal too much in the second. Ref was shocking

Juries out on Mahrez. Still playing like a Leicester player when anywhere near the goal he shoots. He needs to start looking for other option's because in the main, there are always several players around him who may have a  better opening.

More game time and experience for Foden which was nice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He's right. Most City fans don't have this big love affair with the CL (due to reasons explained several times on here) the PL is more important to us. Pep's just try to gee up the fans. No problem with that.

I think he'll get a reaction too!!!  Don't understand we you lot are not into the CL.  I love it and view it in terms of quality as the pinnacle of football.  Most of us know you're going to piss the league anyway!!

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You won't find a single City fan thinking that

And yet that's exactly what's going to happen, as a result of injuries and fatigue to Liverpool and Chelsea's lesser squads whilst City will keep on steamrolling sides and increasing their goal difference.  I suppose something extraordinary might happen but i very much doubt it.

Incidentally, you've probably read Mourinho's latest about needing to spend yet more money.  Fact is, Pep's spent a little more but used it well.  I wonder if the United board is thinking that if he'd spent the first 400m well there would be more to come but all he's really don't so far is waste it.  His spend being similar to Pep's yet City are light years better.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, carmine said:

And yet that's exactly what's going to happen, as a result of injuries and fatigue to Liverpool and Chelsea's lesser squads whilst City will keep on steamrolling sides and increasing their goal difference.  I suppose something extraordinary might happen but i very much doubt it.

Incidentally, you've probably read Mourinho's latest about needing to spend yet more money.  Fact is, Pep's spent a little more but used it well.  I wonder if the United board is thinking that if he'd spent the first 400m well there would be more to come but all he's really don't so far is waste it.  His spend being similar to Pep's yet City are light years better.

Yes KDB or Pogba?

No brainer that one.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I'm sure all City and Liverpool fans don't agree with him. Football isn't that simple!

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Didn't know Jurgen used to play for Citeh????

Klopp: "When I was a player I played in empty stadiums. It wasn't that the fans were banned, it was just that the fans weren't interested!"

If Klippety likes playing in empty stadiums he wouldn't like it at the Etihad which is 97.8% full for Premier games :clap2:. Think he'd  prefer the emptier Anfield which is only a measly 96.9% full ????

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If Klippety likes playing in empty stadiums he wouldn't like it at the Etihad which is 97.8% full for Premier games :clap2:. Think he'd  prefer the emptier Anfield which is only a measly 96.9% full ????

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

Didn't City hold the top flight crowd record until very recently?

I recall going to watch Charlton in the early 1960s. I sat on the terrace steps opposite the stand and there was no-one within 15 metres although there was a crowd of 10K. Can't remember the game; 2nd division I think. Big grounds around in those days.

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I recall going to watch Charlton in the early 1960s. I sat on the terrace steps opposite the stand and there was no-one within 15 metres although there was a crowd of 10K. Can't remember the game; 2nd division I think. Big grounds around in those days.

They did. 

"Maine Road's record attendance was set in 1934, when 84,569 people attended an FA Cup tie between Manchester City and Stoke City. It is the record for an English club ground (the 1923 FA Cup Final holds the worldrecord)." Believe Spurs broke the attendance record recently  at Wembley but i could be wrong.

For anyone familiar with the Kippax, my granddad (bless him) went that day vs Stoke, he told me he got through the kippax turnstiles but couldn't  get up the kippax steps or through the kippax tunnels so he saw bugger all of the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Remember when The Who, SAHB, Little Feat and others played at Charlton...in 76? I went all the way to the bloody Vetch Field to watch that line up, in the rain.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Maine Road's record attendance was set in 1934, when 84,569 people attended an FA Cup tie between Manchester City and Stoke City. It is the record for an English club ground (the 1923 FA Cup Final holds the worldrecord)." Believe Spurs broke the attendance record recently  at Wembley but i could be wrong.

Great reply BB. But, in my more knowledgeable days, I had stats that showed that Maine Road has a number of crowds over 80K. Utd had a home game there with well over 80K.

I've been in some large crowds in the 1960s. Arsenal 66K, Spurs 65K and Chelsea 67K. Outside London i went to Everton at Easter v Burnley; 73K.

• Like 1

One of the nice things about watching non league is standing on the terraces. Shame I will probably never get to experience standing in a packed crowd at a big ground... but obviously I understand the reasons why all-seaters came in. 

17 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

One of the nice things about watching non league is standing on the terraces. Shame I will probably never get to experience standing in a packed crowd at a big ground... but obviously I understand the reasons why all-seaters came in. 

There has been a lot of positive movement towards safe standing, Celtic and Shrewsbury have introduced it this season and it seems to be going well. New rail standing is safer than standing in seated sections. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

There has been a lot of positive movement towards safe standing, Celtic and Shrewsbury have introduced it this season and it seems to be going well. New rail standing is safer than standing in seated sections. 

Yeah Old Trafford have considered it too I think. But wasn't there some kind of vote among the PL clubs, and Liverpool (and maybe another team) vetoed it? 

Even if there is safe standing, it will obviously be carefully ticketed. So I don't think I will experience being on a packed terrace... but obviously I understand safety will come first and rightly so. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah Old Trafford have considered it too I think. But wasn't there some kind of vote among the PL clubs, and Liverpool (and maybe another team) vetoed it? 

Even if there is safe standing, it will obviously be carefully ticketed. So I don't think I will experience being on a packed terrace... but obviously I understand safety will come first and rightly so. 

Majority of Liverpool fans back it, Spirit of Shankly did a survey and 88% of 18,000 fans voted for it. Majority of 55,000 fans that petitioned the government came from around Liverpool. Obviously a sensitive topic, but it makes sense. As you say it will be very different.

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Very impressive first half display. Some lovely passing. Took the foot off the pedal too much in the second. Ref was shocking

Juries out on Mahrez. Still playing like a Leicester player when anywhere near the goal he shoots. He needs to start looking for other option's because in the main, there are always several players around him who may have a  better opening.

More game time and experience for Foden which was nice.

Yep was a very good 90 and a brilliant first 45. Defence was solid with good performances from Stones, Laporte and Otamendi. Merlin was exceptional: seemed to be involved in everything we did well. Sterling also had a great game and is beginning to prove me wrong that he CAN play leftside. Fernandinho had his best 90 this season. Bernardodinho just gets better - never realised he was such a decent goalscorer. Jesus and Mahrez need to up their games. Great night!

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I think safe standing will be introduced in the near future.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, owl sees all said:

2018/2019 finishing positions:

01 City

02 Pool

03 Chelski

04 Super Spurs

05 Toffees

06 Man U

07 Palace

08 Gunners

09 Leicester

10 Watford

11 Burnley

12 WHU

13 Wolves

14 Fulham

15 Cherries

16 Newcastle

17 Saints

18 Seagulls

19 Cardiff

20 Huddersfield

Just had a look at the predictions at the start of the season (after the first w/e).

Top OK. Bottom OK. The middle a bit of hit and miss Bournemouth have done well. Watford too. Palace a damp squib. Everton flexing their muscles.

The only one I am thinking I got wrong is Arsenal. I hate to say it, but i think they will creep up into 3rd/4th spot.

Edited by owl sees all

Last minute business trip to the UK tonight. Be able to watch City v Spurs at a reasonable time on Monday and hopefully my mate will come up trumps for a ticket V Southampton next sunday. Won't be in the area unfortunately for Thursday against Fulham. It's the only thing I get excited about nowadays for visiting the UK.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Last minute business trip to the UK tonight. Be able to watch City v Spurs at a reasonable time on Monday and hopefully my mate will come up trumps for a ticket V Southampton next sunday. Won't be in the area unfortunately for Thursday against Fulham. It's the only thing I get excited about nowadays for visiting the UK.

Feel free to pop over to our thread and thank us for your Monday night down the pub. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just pestered called the nephew and he has confirmed 2 tickets for me next sunday,. Top lad. Can't wait. Now, if I can get this bladdy work rubbish out of the way early, might be able to get back in time to go to watch the Fulham match on Thursday. That'll probably be an easy one to walk in on the night ????

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, mrbojangles said:

i always knew some good would come out of the rearranged fixture date!!!

• Like 1