my girlfriend married in austrailia?

smithkar

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. my girlfriend married in Australia in 2009. he completely disappeared in less than one month. she can not contact him in anyway. she is not married in Thailand. will it keep me from bringing her to the usa to marry me? she is the sweetest thing, and I love her very much. thanks in advance I hope.

OP: Australia has 'no fault' divorce. Details for applying for divorce, can be done from offshore, no need for a lawyer at:

http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/FLC/Home/Separation+and+Divorce

EDIT: Just saw the above post, happened to a Thai women I know in Oz. Met a guy in Thailand who sponsored her. As soon as she arrived in Thailand he became abusive and then deserted her in less than a month. Oz govt & local Thais supported her until visa status etc was sorted out. I personally knew him, he was an arse@#$%

Edited by simple1

why would you want to marry a girl with this history????????????????

Big redd flagg! you need to answer why the previous dude did a RUN FORREST RUN thinggy...............lol. perhaps he woke up and smelled the KanGaRoo shit.......................lol.

Edited by choochoo

He is an alcoholic who lied until the end. That's why he vanished.

you kind of missing the point. You want to marry the girl not the guy...................lol.

you need to analyze your girl! her motivations. ex. why she want to marry an alcoholic.

• 2 weeks later...

He is an alcoholic who lied until the end. That's why he vanished.

A reality check for the OP, smithkar ... you know you are relying on her telling the truth.

Just a thought ... make of it what you wish.

I've met three Thai girls over the years who were married to foreigners and had no idea how to get out of it as the guys had just disappeared. Two married outside of Thailand, came home for a bit....and then guy disappeared / moved / never replied to them again. One married in Thailand and then the guy went home and disappeared.

No matter what for any of these women to get divorced is a financial undertaking, outside of Thailand or indside of Thailand they need lawyers and there's a lot of steps to follow. Compare that to uneducated farm girls....they don't have a chance to get things sorted unless they can pay a lawyer, which they don't always have the means to do. For a Thai contested divorce even the one girl has to PROVE and document that she served him with papers....she can't....so she can't even get divorced in Thailand. She saved for a while and tried but it got no where.

I'm unfortunately married to a blood sucking <deleted> and have mixed views on Thai women.....but the assumption that the OP needs a reality check is a bit rough. It's a very very believable story. Plenty of foreigners come here, marry, promise the world to a girl, then cut and run and all the while minimize their obligations for children or any splitting of assets. Yes girls play games too....but there's plenty of guys doing it.

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...