War Criminal as a neighbour?

ozsamurai

Their crime was losing the war.

History has no sympathy for losers.

Given the noted and documented atrocities, I don't think any sympathy is warranted.

The atrocities didn't end with WWII, and the Japanese weren't the only ones who committed them.

the scale of theirs was staggering

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given the noted and documented atrocities, I don't think any sympathy is warranted.

The atrocities didn't end with WWII, and the Japanese weren't the only ones who committed them.

On the same scale??

This thread is another reason not to talk to other unknown foreigners about anything than the weather.

He might think I am a criminal. Crazy.

Happy to have no "farang" neighbours here.

But maybe he will interpret my silence as even more disturbing?

Do I have to tell my life story?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

On the same scale??

Exactly.

Be-head any Germans also.

This thread is another reason not to talk to other unknown foreigners about anything than the weather.

He might think I am a criminal. Crazy.

Happy to have no "farang" neighbours here.

But maybe he will interpret my silence as even more disturbing?

Do I have to tell my life story?

Reported to CIA

Must be a different guy, I live in the sticks 30km from BKK, hardly rural (next door to TESCO), guess that joke back fired, now it seems you just a have a creepy Jap perving at you.

Oz

That sounds pretty rural to most of us, unless you're paranoid of course. Please don't disturb us here in Bangkok, stay where you are!

Still, you can't be too careful these days. Buy a set of kitchen knives at Tesco and torture a confession out of the evil Jap. Or better still, steal his samurai sword and cut off his head ... Better safe than sorry. You'll sleep much better tonight.

Edited by tubby johnson
  • Like 1

Must be a different guy, I live in the sticks 30km from BKK, hardly rural (next door to TESCO), guess that joke back fired, now it seems you just a have a creepy Jap perving at you.

Oz

That sounds pretty rural to most of us, unless you're paranoid of course. Please don't disturb us here in Bangkok, stay where you are!

Still, you can't be to careful these days. Buy a set of kitchen knives at Tesco and torture a confession out of the evil Jap. Or better still, steal his samurai sword and cut off head ... Better safe than sorry. You'll sleep much better tonight.

Or just blast out Colonel Bogey 24 hours a day

they even destroyed some of their own cities where mostly old people, women and children lived. don't recall the names nowadays but one sounded like Jirosheema, the other one Nakasaggi.

whistling.gif

The Operation Meetinghouse air raid of 9–10 March 1945 was later estimated to be the single most destructive bombing raid in history but it was Tokyo; 100,000 plus killed,

http://www.onlinemilitaryeducation.org/posts/10-most-devastating-bombing-campaigns-of-wwii/

But I really don't see that as a war crime. Japanese bombed the Allies and the Allies bombed the Japanese. The Japanese didn't do a very good job and the Allies did so the Allied powers won the war.

While your at it, get in touch with Vietnamese government as I am sure there are plenty war criminals living in Thailand as well they would be interested in

And so the great TV conspiracy train leaves the station bound for destinations unknown

Okay - Send the Vietnamese my name ... I will be happy to greet them... with open arms... But of course some of us were actually involved in something rather than just being a pretender of having a real life... as some do.

I don't get the math here. Someone help me please.

My dad was born in 1917.He's 97. He entered the war in 1943 when he was about 26.

If he had been Japanese and entered when he was 16, he would be 87?

Don't forget that at least a lot of Americans lied about their age and joined the military just so they could get enough to eat during the Great Depression of the 30's which lasted until about the start of WWII. Some were as young a 14 years old. I don't know if any Japanese did that.

Neversure, I hope mathematics was not your major. I was born in 1943 and am 72.

if we count from the end of the war in 45 and put someone at 15 when he joined he would be 90 now.

If he was a 15 year old soldier he was unlikely to be at a level where he could be a war criminal.

I don't get the math here. Someone help me please.

My dad was born in 1917.He's 97. He entered the war in 1943 when he was about 26.

If he had been Japanese and entered when he was 16, he would be 87?

Don't forget that at least a lot of Americans lied about their age and joined the military just so they could get enough to eat during the Great Depression of the 30's which lasted until about the start of WWII. Some were as young a 14 years old. I don't know if any Japanese did that.

I was born in 1943 and am 72.

if we count from the end of the war in 45 and put someone at 15 when he joined he would be near 90 now.

If he was a 15 year old soldier he was unlikely to be at a level where he could be a war criminal.

Edited by harrry

War criminal ? I always thought that soldiers killing other people during a war, are soldiers instead of criminals.

Maybe G. W. Bush is a war criminal because he started a war based on lies ? Ok, sorry folks, he didn't kill anyone by his own hands.

A japanese guy who participated the pacific war, why don't leave him alone, His conscience followed him and he long time ago confessed to his sins.

Watch him if he still hollers "Banzai!!" and shakes the raising sun flag, you must try to wringe that sword off him . . .

• Like 1

they even destroyed some of their own cities where mostly old people, women and children lived. don't recall the names nowadays but one sounded like Jirosheema, the other one Nakasaggi.

whistling.gif

The Operation Meetinghouse air raid of 9–10 March 1945 was later estimated to be the single most destructive bombing raid in history but it was Tokyo; 100,000 plus killed,

http://www.onlinemilitaryeducation.org/posts/10-most-devastating-bombing-campaigns-of-wwii/

But I really don't see that as a war crime. Japanese bombed the Allies and the Allies bombed the Japanese. The Japanese didn't do a very good job and the Allies did so the Allied powers won the war.

I think the original point from this sequence of posts was that as the victors, the allies tried the Nazis and the Japanese for war crimes. Had the war gone the other way then the axis powers would have tried the allies for events such as Hiroshima or the fire bombing of Dresden where tens of thousands of civilians died. The victors get to say what was a war crime and what was not.

The horror.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Is this the most ridiculous thread ever started on TV?

It seems you do not hold the OP in high regard.

No, it is not.

Please give an example of a thread sillier than this one.

What's really funny is that if the OP had done his maths correctly, he would never have started this thread.

Pretty much proves he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

@Karen Bravo

I have never read a topic on here regarding a war criminal. Found it quite original....true or not. OP his funny responses in the thread where worthy of a read too.

I only wanted to scroll to page 2 on this forum and came across this topic. Maybe it is more to your liking.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769491-cheap-cotton-mens-apparel-menswear/

Is this the most ridiculous thread ever started on TV?

You obviously haven't read some of Costas' recent ones then?

Yes, but he's just a spammer with a rather weak sense of humour. Reminds me of that other poster The Blether.

This thread was serious which makes for better entertainment value.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where a certain "Mr. Hilter" is hiding out in Minehead, UK.