War Criminal as a neighbour?

ozsamurai

Did you even bother to read the OP? FROM CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM.... I don't just make stuff up for your amusement.

Oz

If you shout out Speedo and he gets all excited you might have the answer......
Can you explain that to the Peanut Gallery?

http://www.far-eastern-heroes.org.uk/private_5776807/html/railway_of_death.htm

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get the math here. Someone help me please.

My dad was born in 1917.He's 97. He entered the war in 1943 when he was about 26.

If he had been Japanese and entered when he was 16, he would be 87?

Don't forget that at least a lot of Americans lied about their age and joined the military just so they could get enough to eat during the Great Depression of the 30's which lasted until about the start of WWII. Some were as young a 14 years old. I don't know if any Japanese did that.

I see the usual nutters are in force today, glad to see... welcome! nice to see you in those gleaming aluminium hats you have on. Now, back to the topic... Is there anywhere such as db or such I can use to check? Would you bother?

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai
  • Like 1

Very few japanese were labled as war criminals, as compared to the nazis. Not that they didnt commit atrocities, but they were not pursued by the allies.

Tokyo trials and International tribunal for Far East trials.

General Doihara Kenji, Baron Hirota Koki, General Seishirō Itagaki, General Kimura Heitaro, General Matsui Iwane, General Muto Akira, General Hideki Tōjō, General Araki Sadao, Colonel Hashimoto Kingoro, Field Marshal Hata Shunroku, Baron Hiranuma Kiichiro, Hoshino Naoki, Kaya Okinori, Marquis Kido Kōichi, General Koiso Kuniaki, General Minami Jiro, Admiral Oka Takasumi, General Oshima Hiroshi, General Sato Kenryo, Admiral Shimada Shigetaro, Shiratori Toshio, General Suzuki Teiichi, General Yoshijirō Umezu, Togo Shigenori, Shigemitsu Mamoru.

Kenji Doihara, Shunroku Hata, Hiranuma Kiichirō, Naoki Hoshino, Seishirō Itagaki, Okinori Kaya, Kōichi Kido, Heitarō Kimura, Kuniaki Koiso, Akira Mutō, Takasumi Oka, Kenryo Sato, Mamoru Shigemitsu, Shigetarō Shimada, Teiichi Suzuki, Shigenori Tōgō, Hideki Tōjō, Yoshijirō Umez

General Masaharu Homma was convicted by an Allied commission of war crimes, including the atrocities of the death march out of Bataan, and the atrocities at Camp O'Donnell and Cabanatuan that followed. He was executed on April 3, 1946 outside Manila.

Lieutenant General Takuma Nishimura, was convicted for this crime by an Australian Military Court and hanged on June 11, 1951.

In 1946, the Laha massacre and other incidents which followed the fall of Ambon became the subject of the largest ever war crimes trial, when 93 Japanese personnel were tried by an Australian tribunal, at Ambon. Among other convictions, four men were executed as a result. Commander Kunito Hatakeyama, who was in direct command of the four massacres, was hanged; Rear Admiral Koichiro Hatakeyama, who was found to have ordered the killings, died before he could be tried.[54]

In 1947, the British Colonial authorities in Singapore held a war crimes trial to bring the perpetrators to justice. Seven officers, were charged with carrying out the massacre. While Lieutenant General Saburo Kawamura, Lieutenant Colonel Masayuki Oishi received the death penalty, the other five received life sentences

12 members of the Kantogun were found guilty for the manufacture and use of biological weapons. Including: General Yamada Otsuzo, former Commander-in-Chief of the Kwantung Army and Major General Kawashima Kiyoshi, former Chief of Unit 731.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_crimes#Crimes_perpetrated_by_Japan

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Yes I already did those calculations, estimate him to be mid to late 80's. I lived there (Japan) for 20 years and ran night clubs, so I can conclusively say he is not a Yakuza. He lives in a low rent apt., not a hovel, and comes out only after 5pm to go to the supermarket for dinner, other than that he is a total recluse.

Oz

why are you afraid of him? huh.png

I see the usual nutters are in force today, glad to see... welcome! nice to see you in those gleaming aluminium hats you have on. Now, back to the topic... Is there anywhere such as db or such I can use to check? Would you bother?

Oz

I dunno if this is a really poor troll thread or if your the nutter and aluminum hat wearer

Either way you need to acquire some hobbies and perhaps turn off the tv and internet for awhile

I don't get the math here. Someone help me please.

My dad was born in 1917.He's 97. He entered the war in 1943 when he was about 26.

If he had been Japanese and entered when he was 16, he would be 87?

Don't forget that at least a lot of Americans lied about their age and joined the military just so they could get enough to eat during the Great Depression of the 30's which lasted until about the start of WWII. Some were as young a 14 years old. I don't know if any Japanese did that.

You're right, my math was off by a decade. Of course it is usually the leaders (higher ranking) that were ever charged with war crimes - and that you would probably not get at a young age.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes I already did those calculations, estimate him to be mid to late 80's. I lived there (Japan) for 20 years and ran night clubs, so I can conclusively say he is not a Yakuza. He lives in a low rent apt., not a hovel, and comes out only after 5pm to go to the supermarket for dinner, other than that he is a total recluse.

Oz

why are you afraid of him? alt=huh.png>

Seriously Naam? You are one of the posters I respect the most on this forum and this is all you come up with ....

No I am not afraid of him, I am also not decided as to whether it even warrants any effort on my behalf to check, yet something is niggling at me. My uncle was POW at Changi in Singapore, and he made peace with the Japanese in his own way. Just looking at opinion, that is what a forum is for is it not?

Oz

Oz

If you know for sure who he is, for example have seen his passport, the US FBI has an office in Bangkok. They are with the same department as the CIA (US Justice Dept.) and work with allies everywhere. If there is a database of war criminals, they could access it.

He could have changed his name a long time ago and bribed someone for a different passport, or he could be a massive overstayer using a fake name.

I have been in an FBI office and found them to be just like any other office such as a bank. You talk to the receptionist out front and if you need help you talk to an agent. They are just people who put their pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us.

Up to you, as they say.

Edited by NeverSure

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oz

I dunno if this is a really poor troll thread or if your the nutter and aluminum hat wearer

Either way you need to acquire some hobbies and perhaps turn off the tv and internet for awhile

I have been an active member of this forum for over 8 years, I just decided today that I would like to be a troll and annoy everyone.... do you even read what you type?

Oz

• Like 1

Oz

All Japanese convicted of war crimes, who were still alive, were released from prison in 1958 as an amnesty. As far as I know there are no outstanding arrest warrants / charges from the period, so no dB.

As you probably know the Japanese who were responsible for appalling war crimes, Unit 731, were given immunity by the US. As the the last surviving member of the Tokyo Tribunal, wrote, "As one of the judges in the International Military Tribunal, it is a bitter experience for me to be informed now that centrally ordered Japanese war criminality of the most disgusting kind was kept secret from the Court by the U.S. government"

• Like 1

Oz

I have been an active member of this forum for over 8 years, I just decided today that I would like to be a troll and annoy everyone.... do you even read what you type?

Oz

Ok so your a nutter in need of some hobbies then :)

Did you even bother to read the OP? FROM CONVERSATIONS WITH HIM.... I don't just make stuff up for your amusement.

Oz

But then you might get all the women that find men in speedos irresisstably sexy.

Oz

But then you might get all the women that find men in speedos irresisstably sexy.

I wouldn't think there would be many???

• Like 1

what is criminal about being a soldier?

Nuremburg

Their crime was losing the war.

History has no sympathy for losers.

Given the noted and documented atrocities, I don't think any sympathy is warranted.

• Like 1

Their crime was losing the war.

History has no sympathy for losers.

Given the noted and documented atrocities, I don't think any sympathy is warranted.

The atrocities didn't end with WWII, and the Japanese weren't the only ones who committed them.

• Like 1