War Criminal as a neighbour?

ozsamurai

The atrocities didn't end with WWII, and the Japanese weren't the only ones who committed them.

the scale of theirs was staggering

The publicity their atrocities received was staggering, but the numbers they killed couldn't compare with those of Stalin, Mao and some others. Not to mention August 5th 1945.

The Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. So likely to be at least equal deaths, in not more, attributed to any other single nations' military actions in the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since you don't have any solid information of value.It may be best to leave this old man alone.

Without doubt I am sure he has many painful memories about the past as do many his age.

If your assumptions are wrong then accusations will be a very cruel act. Have you thought about dealing with the aftermath when you put him through this and it comes to nothing?

Wait till you have solid information....until then stay quiet.

You have to be old to change the facts but it seems to me that as people get older and feel less useful they embellish the past. At home there was a group of older Vietnamese men who used to play cards outside the coffee shop across the street from my house.. According to them, they had all been generals in the army...some claiming to be Generals in the US Army. Who knows?