War Criminal as a neighbour?

ozsamurai

Is this the most ridiculous thread ever started on TV?

You obviously haven't read some of Costas' recent ones then?

At least his accounting projections for the TAUG had decent mathematics. But what would you expect from a Greek. It may have been the Indians that invented nothing but the greeks had all that stuff that drives school children mad all of their school career and is then quickly forgotten.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, but he's just a spammer with a rather weak sense of humour. Reminds me of that other poster The Blether.

This thread was serious which makes for better entertainment value.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where a certain "Mr. Hilter" is hiding out in Minehead, UK.

Right now you just became a troll.

Blether sends his regards

Yes, but he's just a spammer with a rather weak sense of humour. Reminds me of that other poster The Blether.

This thread was serious which makes for better entertainment value.

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where a certain "Mr. Hilter" is hiding out in Minehead, UK.

Right now you just became a troll.

Blether sends his regards

Crispy, are you one of Blether's sycophants, or, his sock-puppet?

what is criminal about being a soldier?

That is when you are soldier on the side that lost.

not true. the vast majority just go home with no problem

I would agree in most cases and including most of the troops captured by the West during WWII. When South Vietnam lost the war One out every three Saigon families had a member in one of the camps.

Camps for former officers and functionaries of the Saigon government were usually located in malaria infested jungle areas.

Thousands of camp inmates died from lack of food, medicine, or clothing. Thousands have committed suicide some have been secretly liquidated, others perish through staged “accidents”: For example, former officers were forced to de-activate minefields with their bare hands, so the regime will not have to waste valuable bullets on them.

The list of prominent Vietnamese either in prison or in concentration camps included Catholic Bishop Nguyen Van Thuan; a 72-year-old Hoa-Hao Buddhist leader, Luong Trong Tuong; and 17 members of his family Harvard-educated Tony Nguyen Xuan Oanh; lawyer Tran Van Tuyen.

In all, some 300,000 people were detained in re-eucation camps.

http://jim.com/ChomskyLiesCites/When_we_knew_what_happened_in_Vietnam.htm

Approximately three million German prisoners of war were captured by the Soviet Union during World War II. According to Soviet records 381,067 German Wehrmacht POW died in NKVD camps (356,700 German nationals and 24,367 from other nations). German historian Rüdiger Overmans maintains that it seems entirely plausible, while not provable, that one million died in Soviet custody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_prisoners_of_war_in_the_Soviet_Union

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

what is criminal about being a soldier?

I would agree in most cases and including most of the troops captured by the West during WWII. When South Vietnam lost the war One out every three Saigon families had a member in one of the camps.

Camps for former officers and functionaries of the Saigon government were usually located in malaria infested jungle areas.

Thousands of camp inmates died from lack of food, medicine, or clothing. Thousands have committed suicide some have been secretly liquidated, others perish through staged “accidents”: For example, former officers were forced to de-activate minefields with their bare hands, so the regime will not have to waste valuable bullets on them.

The list of prominent Vietnamese either in prison or in concentration camps included Catholic Bishop Nguyen Van Thuan; a 72-year-old Hoa-Hao Buddhist leader, Luong Trong Tuong; and 17 members of his family Harvard-educated Tony Nguyen Xuan Oanh; lawyer Tran Van Tuyen.

Approximately three million German prisoners of war were captured by the Soviet Union during World War II. According to Soviet records 381,067 German Wehrmacht POW died in NKVD camps (356,700 German nationals and 24,367 from other nations). German historian Rüdiger Overmans maintains that it seems entirely plausible, while not provable, that one million died in Soviet custody.

I suppose Nazi Germany wouldn't fall under the definition of the 'West'. but an estimated 3 million+ Soviet POWs died in German detention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mistreatment_of_Soviet_prisoners_of_war

I suppose Nazi Germany wouldn't fall under the definition of the 'West'. but an estimated 3 million+ Soviet POWs died in German detention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mistreatment_of_Soviet_prisoners_of_war

Goes without saying. I guess I should have been more specific. We as people tend to de nationalize it like, "Mao's great leap forward killed 45 million Chinese" or Stalin killed between 20 and 60 million and Hitler may have killed 20 million. It really should read, China, Russia and Germany.

• Like 1

Unless he is north of 96 years old - it is very unlikely he is a war criminal....

Maybe former yahuza? (although not likely since you don't retire from it)

(i.e. 2014 - 1945 + 17 years of age).... and even then he would have had been a very low level soldier....

....does he still have all of his fingers!?

No you idiot, there is no 'db' you can check to see if the elderly japanese person living next door is a 'war criminal' - you fking moron..

I see the usual nutters are in force today, glad to see... welcome! nice to see you in those gleaming aluminium hats you have on. Now, back to the topic... Is there anywhere such as db or such I can use to check? Would you bother?

Oz

• Like 2

No you idiot, there is no 'db' you can check to see if the elderly japanese person living next door is a 'war criminal' - you fking moron..

I see the usual nutters are in force today, glad to see... welcome! nice to see you in those gleaming aluminium hats you have on. Now, back to the topic... Is there anywhere such as db or such I can use to check? Would you bother?

Oz

Aren't you forgetting about the big war criminal db? It's not as easy as it used to be, for war criminals to hide. A few cross checks, and Bob's your uncle.

Near every person who knows combat has something to regret. You've surely heard, war is hell.

He is old man. Let him die in peace.

If he has done very wrong, he is suffering. When he meets his maker, let them sort it out.

Your concern is appreciated. Very appreciated. You have a good mind and heart.

The OP is an ass for posting this and for having this attitude, so he served with the Japanese army during wwii, what did you ever do? The US has committed 'war crimes' as almost every army people don't go around giving our ex-pat elderly vets shit about their 'war crimes' like this dik, what an <deleted>.

Thank you.

I don't get the math here. Someone help me please.

My dad was born in 1917.He's 97. He entered the war in 1943 when he was about 26.

If he had been Japanese and entered when he was 16, he would be 87?

Don't forget that at least a lot of Americans lied about their age and joined the military just so they could get enough to eat during the Great Depression of the 30's which lasted until about the start of WWII. Some were as young a 14 years old. I don't know if any Japanese did that.

Neversure, I hope mathematics was not your major. I was born in 1943 and am 72.

if we count from the end of the war in 45 and put someone at 15 when he joined he would be 90 now.

If he was a 15 year old soldier he was unlikely to be at a level where he could be a war criminal.

I agree about the unlikelihood of a high performance teenager war criminal, but regarding the arithmetic, your calculations only seem to corroborate his. o_O

I know plenty of guys (including my late father) that don't want to discuss what happened in the wars. Some do, some don't.

My grandfather would never discuss what happened at the Battle of Bull Run. He is too embarrassed about what the Rebs did.

• Like 1

Nearly as good as the time Kaos had a giant horseshoe magnet mounted on a fake island, with a plan to reel in the U.S. Sixth Fleet. Or just steal watches from passing ships. Haha, brilliant. :)

Unless he is north of 96 years old - it is very unlikely he is a war criminal....

Maybe former yahuza? (although not likely since you don't retire from it)

(i.e. 2014 - 1945 + 17 years of age).... and even then he would have had been a very low level soldier....

Let's see, 2014 - 1945 = 69 +17 = 86?

I know plenty of guys (including my late father) that don't want to discuss what happened in the wars. Some do, some don't.

My grandfather would never discuss what happened at the Battle of Bull Run. He is too embarrassed about what the Rebs did.

I am always amused at the ones who like to talk about the Vietnam war--it seems those who do were rarely in the thick of it.

There is lot of talk about war criminals/crimes on TV. It is all ways Germans and Japanese. Why not talk about allied war crimes or even better modern day war crimes. There must be members who are veterans and seen or done such crimes.

• Like 1