Half a tonne of marijuana powder seized in Udon

webfact

Half a tonne of marijuana powder seized in Udon
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A combined security team seized over half a tonne of powdered marijuana in Udon Thani's Ban Dung district, it was announced yesterday.

Police said the smugglers shifted to powdered marijuana because it was more convenient to transport in a large batch.

Udon Thani police chief Maj-General Chaiyat Saithin said police set up a checkpoint in tambon Ban Chan following a tip-off and spotted a suspicious-looking pickup truck on Saturday, which then sped off.

The truck plunged into a roadside ditch and the driver fled.

Police found the marijuana in 519 plastic sachets. The seizure was the third of its kind, following previous busts in Nakhon Phanom and Sakhon Nakhon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Half-a-tonne-of-marijuana-powder-seized-in-Udon-30245806.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-20

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

powder ? whats that used for?

I think in this case that it is just dried MJ ground to powder so it is even more compact. They usually just press the harvest into blocks.

No way this is just THC crystals for hash pressing.

says the expert...

He's no expert.

He doesn't have a clue as to how the stuff is really made.

"A combined security team seized over half a tonne of powdered marijuana in Udon Thani's Ban Dung district"

Thank god. The constant pounding over the past 3 months of those old woman pounding with their mortars and pestles kept me awake all night. I knew I couldn't believe the owner of the building who told me he was running the biggest curry paste factory in Thailandcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by jaltsc

I think in this case that it is just dried MJ ground to powder so it is even more compact. They usually just press the harvest into blocks.

says the expert...

He's no expert.

He doesn't have a clue as to how the stuff is really made.

Depends if you use the Moroccan or Indian method... not that I would know anything about that kind of thing.whistling.gif

• Like 2

519 sachets half a tonne?

Don't say you need a calculator to know how much 519 sachets of 1kg each weigh.

a sachet is a small bag, certainly not 1kg. They probably guessed the powder was taken from half a tonne of plants - more propaganda to show Prayuth cleaning u the country.

Thailand should get away from it's current shit status and be the first country to legalize weed over here. why don't you ever hear of any stories from places like Amsterdam?

I'm still amazed how society plays by last generations rules. Too bad that this country is full of mindless zombies who actually think weed is the same as yaba. So much stupidity here.

What do you mean "so much stupidity here"?

I think you'll find mindless zombies in countries like the US and UK who think weed is more harmful than alcohol.

• Like 2

Actually, the U.S. has started to legalize it. Also, you won't get locked up with murdering tittyfucking rapists in the UK for smoking a joint or will you be a convicted criminal for even possessing any traces in your urine regardless to where it was consumed. Some people use medical marijuana in their home countries and are not allowed to visit Thailand.

Any further argument?

• Like 2

Actually, the U.S. has started to legalize it. Also, you won't get locked up with murdering tittyfucking rapists in the UK for smoking a joint or will you be a convicted criminal for even possessing any traces in your urine regardless to where it was consumed. Some people use medical marijuana in their home countries and are not allowed to visit Thailand.

Any further argument?

Why did it take them so long? They decided that alcohol was perfectly safe back in the early 1900's. Mindless idiots is the reason, biased because they probably like a drink themselves but are too close-minded to try something new.

People don't get locked up here for small amounts of marijuana.

Marijuana is non habit forming so these tourist can easily come here for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Neeranam

Thailand should get away from it's current shit status and be the first country to legalize weed over here. why don't you ever hear of any stories from places like Amsterdam?

I'm still amazed how society plays by last generations rules. Too bad that this country is full of mindless zombies who actually think weed is the same as yaba. So much stupidity here.

I think you'll find mindless zombies in countries like the US and UK who think weed is more harmful than alcohol.

Yes, but many states in US now have a better understanding and have now legalized it.

says the expert...

Is that a bad thing? It's legal in more advanced countries.

Yes, but many states in US now have a better understanding and have now legalized it.

Yet alcohol companies are allowed to promote sporting events. You miss my point about weed being totally harmless compared to alcohol.

Isn't it ironic when the only reason its illegal in Thailand is because of the so called American war on drugs.

Pathetic is a more suitable word.

Any further argument?

Why did it take them so long? They decided that alcohol was perfectly safe back in the early 1900's. Mindless idiots is the reason, biased because they probably like a drink themselves but are too close-minded to try something new.

People don't get locked up here for small amounts of marijuana.

Marijuana is non habit forming so these tourist can easily come here for a couple of weeks.

Go tell that BS in front of the grave of my brother-in-law from former times whose life was so stuffed up with the crap that he ended up hanging himself.

It pisses me off when I see those who would use the stuff going on about how great it is and how it should be legal when I have seen first hand the damage it can do to people their lives and their families.

Bad enough having tobacco readily available for the young to get addicted to without adding anything else.

Mindless idiots are the ones who would allow the stuff so those whose lives are so pitiful that they need a drug can get themselves doped up.

• Like 1