Length Of Time Bank Letter Remains Valid

In the next few days, I will be going to CW to renew my extension of stay, TM 7, and we're not sure exactly when we are going but Thursday is the day my extension expires. Scheduling is tricky right now so I want to have the bank letter ready.

So if I go today, Monday the 20th, how many days is the letter valid for?

Since they make you go do a withdrawal anyway during the interview, I would imagine it would be valid for the week but want to double check here and make sure.

I also hear that Wed. is a holiday so if anyone knows if CW is closed this Wed. Oct. 20th I'd appreciate hearing about that.

CW wants the bank letter to be done the day before but prefer the same day because about all major banks have branches in the basement there where you can get the letter.

Immigration will be closed on Thursday the 23rd for Chulalongkorn Day.

• Like 1

Aha! Glad I asked. Got the holiday corrected AND the bank info I need. Will try to get there earlier just to deal w/the bank before dealing w/immigration.

Gracias señor ubonjoe!

CW wants the bank letter to be done the day before but prefer the same day because about all major banks have branches in the basement there where you can get the letter.

That's interesting; here in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Bank insisted that I obtain my letter from the branch at which I opened the account.

That's interesting; here in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Bank insisted that I obtain my letter from the branch at which I opened the account.

That is not Bangkok Bank policy. I have seen many reports of people getting their letter from a branch other than where their account was opened.

Most other banks are the same.

Interesting point.

I've always done it that way, so I've had no issues, but I recently checked, since I've moved within BKK with the nearest KBank and they said they would do the letter for me for 100B, the standard fee.

Until ubonjoe's post, I had planned on going there today to get it over with and get to CW on Tues or Wed as the 23rd is when my extension expires and Thurs. is a holiday.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were continuity in the rules? cheesy.gif

That is not Bangkok Bank policy. I have seen many reports of people getting their letter from a branch other than where their account was opened.

I thought it was rather stupid (and probably incorrect). After all, everything is generated by computer; what difference does it make what branch you visit or where the account is held? Nevertheless, that's what I was told and sometimes you gotta just roll with the flow... wink.png

Edited by ovenman

I normally go to the Bangkok Bank branch in Chiang Mai where I opened the account, but this year I tried another branch and was told that I had to go to the branch where the account is.

Chiang Mai immigration accept Bank letters dated up to 1 week before the application.

As pointed out by others in CW you can do a Bangkok Bank letter downstairs on the first floor.

Costs 100 Baht last time I looked and takes about 10 minutes.

Just have your Bangkok Bank passbook and your passport for I.D.

All entered in a form letter and printed for you on a computer printout.

Not sure about the other banks, but definitely in Bangkok Bank.

Umm can I ask similar question. Im in AU from start of january as applying for non imm oa

I was going to use letter from my thai bank here to verify funds. Sounds from above replies i wouldnt be able to o that

I have funds in a super fund in AU (available for immediate withdrawl) However not sure how to include that evidence instead of the money in thai bank. Any advice appreciated

Umm can I ask similar question. Im in AU from start of january as applying for non imm oa

I was going to use letter from my thai bank here to verify funds. Sounds from above replies i wouldnt be able to o that

I have funds in a super fund in AU (available for immediate withdrawl) However not sure how to include that evidence instead of the money in thai bank. Any advice appreciated

You need to contact the Thai embassy in Canberra to get you questions answered.

They certainly would not have the same rules as immigration does for income letters. I suspect just yout bank book copies would be enough. I am also certain they will accept a statement from super fund. It does not have to be in a bank for a the OA visa.

All went well today and Kbank had no problems issuing me the needed letter and updating of my bankbook. It's practically all they do there collecting their 100B. There were a couple new forms that are not available online or elsewhere and have to be completed in person AND my wife needed to be there. Fortunately she was. I'll make a separate post about all that.

I normally go to the Bangkok Bank branch in Chiang Mai where I opened the account, but this year I tried another branch and was told that I had to go to the branch where the account is.

Chiang Mai immigration accept Bank letters dated up to 1 week before the application.

Yup and I've never been asked to go and make a withdrawal on the day like the OP states.

Maybe they see me struggle to the desk and think better of it. laugh.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Yep that's why I always had to go make a withdrawal during the interview. Previously I was under the impression, sustained by other experiences of my own at banks here plus reports from others on TV, that I needed to go to my original bank to get the letter. Such, in our situation at CW and our banks, is not the case & perhaps not at all in general.

Yup and I've never been asked to go and make a withdrawal on the day like the OP states.

Maybe they see me struggle to the desk and think better of it. laugh.png