Thailand to export pork to Russia for first time

webfact

Thailand to export pork to Russia for first time
By Digital Content

14137743792011-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 20 -- Thailand will export pork to Russia for the first time, and it is projected that Russian demand for Thai pork now is at 50,000 tonnes a year, said Chavalit Chookajorn, permanent secretary for Agriculture and Cooperatives.

After a recent survey on Thai livestock and fishery products, the Russian government has agreed to import more animal products, including pork, from Thailand. It is projected that exports of fishery products there would exceed 10 billion baht annually, said Mr Chavalit.

Exports of Thai pork to Russia were made possible after the two countries signed a memorandum of understanding with Thailand possibly exporting pork to Belarus and Kazakhstan later, he said.

Russian demand is estimated at 10 million pigs per year while Thailand is ready to export containers of pork to Russia within three to four months, said Mr Chavalit.

In another development, Commerce Minister Gen Chatchai Sarikulya will meeting today on how to increase Thai exports in 2015.

Thai commercial attaches and private representatives are scheduled to attend the brainstorming session.

Gen Chatchai said he wanted to see exports next year to exceed 4-5 per cent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP), as projected by several agencies earlier.

“At present, next year's export target still can’t be fixed but it should be expanded as much as possible,” said Gen Chatchai. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-20

Funny smile.png)))))))))))))) There are enough pigs in Russia, why do they want import ?

I guess the EU will be vary happy with this TH plan smile.png)))))))))))))))))))))))

Thailand is not a member of EU and doesn't care about EU sanctions. This is a very good opportunity for Thailand to boost its exports and increase its GDP (Gross Domestic Product).

• Like 2

Do they know that the EU is boycotting Russia?

More like Russia is boycotting EU products.

The US and EU sanctions have forced Russia to look around the world for a solution and Thailand have seen an opportunity to make some dosh. I hope the US and EU point out to Thailand that they are supporting a bunch of murdering bastards!

So by your standards, it is one country of murdering bastards sending to another.

That's the reason they are now exporting pork to Russia. And while the overall DEMAND may be 50,000 tons per year, the demand for Thai pork is certainly less, and will decline once the EU is no longer boycotting Russia.

I guess CP will be very happy for some time until EU/Russia relations return to normal and Thailand is told "нет больше свиней". Thai pork is damn good though, so maybe the Kremlin will develop a taste for Thai pork in addition for their taste for other Thai delights giggle.gif

Might come as a surprise to you, but Thailand is not a member of the EU!!coffee1.gif

This very true Joc but just a day or so ago the dictator was saying he wants to increase business with the EU. This will hardly help his cause.

Another wedding made in heaven,my own partner could shed a few pounds but I not sure this is the best way to promote a date.

Of course The Russian brides by post biz may need a few porkers for the nations that weigh the attractiveness of their concubines

I assume somewhere Go Ogle trance late had a problem and it actually means the slyamease are telling porkies.

Mr Lardy Kakhon Mowbray

Funny smile.png)))))))))))))) There are enough pigs in Russia, why do they want import ?

I guess the EU will be vary happy with this TH plan smile.png)))))))))))))))))))))))

Thailand is not a member of EU and doesn't care about EU sanctions. This is a very good opportunity for Thailand to boost its exports and increase its GDP (Gross Domestic Product).

OK, I see what GDP means now. Can you do the same for EU? When you get a chance.

The wife and I are looking at what to do with 1 rai of land grannie left to her. Maybe a piggery is the answer!

PS: What flavours do pigs come in? facepalm.gif

You asked, I answered.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/templeton-rye-raising-pigs-taste-whiskey-article-1.1855110

attachicon.giftempleton-rye-pigs.jpg Oink, oink, burp.

Great advice from Perth don't buy a poke in a pig

More like Russia is boycotting EU products.

The US and EU sanctions have forced Russia to look around the world for a solution and Thailand have seen an opportunity to make some dosh. I hope the US and EU point out to Thailand that they are supporting a bunch of murdering bastards!

Should the US and EU restrict shrimps and other imports from Thailand ??

:)