Anonymous texts threaten dads who lost sons in skydiving accident in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems the good General was retired at just the right time. For somebody other than him.

That said, it isn't just a case of faulty equipment, but a systematic failure of para ops. In particularly the training side of things. These two lads should have been trained backwards and forwards in malfuction drills. Yet neither seemed to possess the skills to save themselves from spudding in. I mean from the vision I seen of the incident, neither one even attempted a malfuction drill.

Therefore it is not just some engineer asleep at the wheel. But infact the training manual is obviously flawed and that happens way up the chain. Some big boppers must be sweating bricks about it.

"these two lads should have been trained and backwards in malfunction drills"

All very good, exept from the fact they jumped with a line bought in the local hardwarestore for 9 baht/meter instead of using the real stuff at 90$/meter.

They lost their lives because someone (clearly "untouchable") wanted to pocket the difference!!sad.png

All true. But at the end of the day, one shouldn't be up there in the first place without the skills required to save one's own life when everyone and everything else has failed you. Peroid !!!!!

• Like 1

Seems the good General was retired at just the right time. For somebody other than him.

That said, it isn't just a case of faulty equipment, but a systematic failure of para ops. In particularly the training side of things. These two lads should have been trained backwards and forwards in malfuction drills. Yet neither seemed to possess the skills to save themselves from spudding in. I mean from the vision I seen of the incident, neither one even attempted a malfuction drill.

Therefore it is not just some engineer asleep at the wheel. But infact the training manual is obviously flawed and that happens way up the chain. Some big boppers must be sweating bricks about it.

Who know, maybe the general got a similar SMS, hence the retirements....

It wouldn't surprise me if the training manual was in English and they never got around to translating it.

The military has some US equipment that's 20+ years old & they still have ancient, English, paper (it went digital around 1997) technical and maintenance manuals for the stuff that's been gathering dust since the equipment was delivered.

I've seen them.

It wouldn't surprise me if the training manual was in English and they never got around to translating it.

The military has some US equipment that's 20+ years old & they still have ancient, English, paper (it went digital around 1997) technical and maintenance manuals for the stuff that's been gathering dust since the equipment was delivered.

I've seen them.

These were Police Cadets. If the military has equipment gathering dust I shudder to think what the RTP has.

• Like 1

I am not well read on this accident, but don't they carry a Back-up Chute ?? If so did both fail or do they jump to low to allow time for chute and back-up to open.

I was a C-141 Flight Engineer in the USAF and we dropped trainees at 3,000 Feet and Combat Ready Ranger types at 800 Feet..

Pattaya46, on 20 Oct 2014 - 15:48, said:

And who owns the phone that sent the messages???

They can't know. In Thailand you don't need to give your name

when you buy a phone or a SIM card. Very easy.

What you say is true, but the service provider will have records of the phone number and where it was sent from, then, if powered on, it can be traced to where it is now, it will be logged onto a tower/towers some where, then triangulated to an approximate location. Then call the number and listen for a ring.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe they can.

Any body remember 'Uncle SMS' ?

Why are Police cadets jumping out of the planes?

So they can wear Para wings and get around like a bigger shot than BIB without wings.

Why dont they just buy the wings like 90+% of the security cuards?

Hahaha. Right. Those guards crack me up. Probably never seen the inside of an aircraft most of them. Let alone exited one in flight. lol.

Saw the video of this, poor guys stuck out on the line, no one helping pull them in, clearly set up, think there was early reports that the cadets had argued with a senior officer, may have been a different incident though.

And this will never see a proper police enquiry. Not in Thailand.

It is a devastatingly sad story.

To not have the reserve work either.

For <deleted> sake ! How stupid are we really here ?

Why is Thailand dead set for destroying it's own reputation.

You guys really and truly have me beat.

• Like 1

True. But an investigator could track outgoing calls from the same sim card/number....unless it was discarded after the message was sent. Then some followup calls to the same numbers could narrow down who sent the threat. Possibly.

True...

Not only that, if someone purchased a sim card just for that purpose and discarded it, I assume the phones unique IMEI number would have been logged, find out which other sim cards used the same phone.

OK if they are not registered, so next time the phones used put a tap on it soon find out who is behind it.

Now that's not funny. Wasn't there a report that one of the guys that died had reported a senior officer for corruption?

I haven't heard that... Got a source?

Yes, he made official complaints about his instructor. An investigation was launched. The instructor was penalized by a deduction in points (presumably go towards promotions, bonuses etc) and was ordered to re-teach the course.

The student behind it then plunged to his death shortly after when his chute didn't open.

Only happened less than a year ago, I'm sure there's still plenty on google about it.

Saw the video of this, poor guys stuck out on the line, no one helping pull them in, clearly set up, think there was early reports that the cadets had argued with a senior officer, may have been a different incident though.

And this will never see a proper police enquiry. Not in Thailand.

It is a devastatingly sad story.

To not have the reserve work either.

For <deleted> sake ! How stupid are we really here ?

Why is Thailand dead set for destroying it's own reputation.

You guys really and truly have me beat.

A proper police inquiry in Thailand means making sure that no one with power, money, rank or connections above those of the wictims get in any trouble.

• Like 1

Only cowards make threats anonymously and this is unfortunately very common here in Thailand, especially where money is concerned. Someone should come forward and accept the responsibility for these young people's lives which have been cut short through negligence and greed. Sad thing is that, the person coming forward to accept the responsibility would be, as someone else above says, either Burmese, Cambodian or similar, it could never be a Tha as they wouldn't ever put someone's life at risk just for money!!!