AirAsia kicks man off flight for carry-on rage (VIDEO)

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once he is actually on the plane, then the airlines should back off!

BUT...the man should not have caused such a scene.

Nope. Not at all. 'Only encourages others to try the same thing. Absent the juvenile outburst, the attendant could simply have taken the bag and had it put in cargo. (Ever noticed the handlers hanging around the jetway while you're boarding? 'Think they're there to socialize?) Problem solved. No fuss, no muss. The fact that this self-absorbed pinhead goes postal is hardly the airline's fault. Put him on a no-fly list for a year. Publicize that. Watch incidents like this disappear.

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The fat guy in your example takes up one seat and a small amount of carry-on space.

The skinny girl/boy in your example takes up one seat and a large amount of carry-on space.

Who should pay more, the one that takes up more space, or the one who weighs more? If it's the one who weighs more, he should have more room, right? After all, he's paying more.

If you want to go by total weight, the system is almost there. It's called business or first class. Larger seats. Just require large people to fly business/first, and also BAN small people from flying business/first. Those seats should be reserved for large people, and economy seats reserved for small people. Large people would be banned from flying economy class.

Of course this would never work here as the Thai elite (government) always fly first/business, taking up valuable space, sitting like children in large, overstuffed chairs.

And what about the screaming babies, that fly for free and that the attendants speed vast amounts of time fussing over. Babies should pay a premium!

Put them in economy with the other little people

• Like 1

I personally don't care for Air Asia. I had to pay 900 Baht to check my bag because it was witin four hours of the flight departure. I would rather fly Bangkok Airways on domestic and short asean flights. Everything included no extra charges and in most cases comes out less expensive than Air Asia.

Barry

I will say it again. Air Asia is a low cost carrier. If you want your bags checked in at no extra charge, fly a legacy carrier and pay more for your ticket. End of story. All these people whining about having to pay for their baggage when it was explicit when you bought your ticket that it costs extra! Better yet, drive or take a bus or swim.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the AirAsia girl / girls having to deal with him alone they should have strong security to help them, what if he had attacked them? They should have had real Airport police drag him off immediately, less distress to other passengers.

The air crew don't have strong security to help them because in Asia people presume that all adults will behave like responsible adults and children will be kept controlled by their parent(s).

I travel with a laptop bag that weighs in at over 13 kilo, the laptop and power brick alone weigh over 7 I was challenged once and when I removed the laptop and power supply they realised I could never get it below 7kilo and there was no way the laptop was going into checked baggage so they abandoned any challenge they were thinking, I travel light no other bags or luggage only - happened once in over 60 flights

If a bag fits in the overhead locker what's the problem = I've seen people boarding flights with two small cases and a pile of other %%%%% unchallenged

In saying that this guy should have been arrested and thrown off the plane and banned from travel - a rude mouth piece

may I ask how big is your laptop? and how big is the power brick? I cannot imagine your laptop bag weighs in at over 4 kg also! My large suitcase with awesome roller wheels weighs in around 4-5 kg. Not that I don't believe a laptop can weigh in at over 4kg, its time to get a new one! biggrin.png

I travel with a laptop bag that weighs in at over 13 kilo, the laptop and power brick alone weigh over 7 I was challenged once and when I removed the laptop and power supply they realised I could never get it below 7kilo and there was no way the laptop was going into checked baggage so they abandoned any challenge they were thinking, I travel light no other bags or luggage only - happened once in over 60 flights

If a bag fits in the overhead locker what's the problem = I've seen people boarding flights with two small cases and a pile of other %%%%% unchallenged

In saying that this guy should have been arrested and thrown off the plane and banned from travel - a rude mouth piece

Geez Smedley....what the heck is that laptop you are heaving around!!??

My new baby, Lenovo Think Pad, weights a couple of K's

Edited by harleyclarkey

I used to work as a cabin attendant and if we would have a guy like this, for sure he would be "kicked" off the flight. Always have to remember that there are people behind everything. If he got through with his heavy luggage at the check in, it was luck or lazyness of the check-in clerk. The cabin attendants have to deal with that, what gets through the check-in. People who can't behave, can be refused. If he would have given his luggage, it probably would have traveled in the luggage hold of the plane and he would get it at his destination. But instead he got angry and started to kick his luggage and argue with the crew.

Well done airAisa, my crew would have done the same thing!

• Like 2

1 x cabin bag

1 x personal bag

56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in) including handles, pockets and wheels.

45cm x 36cm x 20cm (18in x 14in x 8in) including handles, pockets and wheels.

• Maximum weight per bag is up to 23kg (51lbs).

You must be able to fit your bags into the baggage gauge at check in.

Any items you purchase at the airport, including duty free, form part of your hand baggage allowance. If you go over your allowance of 2 bags, you may have to check in one of your extra bags, for which there may be a charge.

Occasionally we may not have space to stow all hand baggage safely on board and you may be asked to check in some or all of your hand baggage at the boarding gate. Please make sure your hand baggage is within the size and weight limits shown, otherwise you will be charged for extra baggage

Very badly handled by Air Asia. So he's over by a couple of Kilos. Bad policy to insist on enforceing this and cause this scene

My sympathies are with the passanger

And so we have the evil that the entitlement mentality has wrought.

No rules, folks! Carry-on however much you wanna' carry-on. Make whatever scene you wanna' make. Inconvenience every other fellow traveler as much as you can and whenever you like. It's been decided that we can't have rules anymore. Well, we can have rules; we just can't enforce them. And if something distresses you, be sure and make a big scene about it. Act like a child; stamp your feet, yell & scream; throw a tantrum; go crazy!

I think you and the TSA in the U.S. should have a chat...

My sympathies are with flight attendants who have to deal with passengers that actually think this way.

• Like 1

It is quite possible that his bag was fine - at the check-in. Between the check-in and getting on the plane he could have easily added a lot of weight to it. People do that all the time. Load up pockets/purses, wear jackets, carry books, etc and then once they are through, put it all back into the carry on. Or simply load up in the duty free shops. People deliberately try to skirt around having to check luggage, especially if it would cost them more.

Pilots have to calculate weights & balances based on things like average passenger weight (including carry-ons). This affects fuel loads, flight calculations and safety margins. Overhead bins are also only designed to hold "x" amount of weight, and if people keep cramming in overweight bags, the bin latches could fail.

Of course, if a passenger stuffs overloaded luggage into the overhead bins and they fail during flight (say due to turbulence) and the bags fall on the passenger, who do you think is going to get sued ? The passenger ? No, it will be the airline getting sued, probably be the very same passenger that decided the rules don't apply to him/her.

I've watched passengers hold up 1 little bag at check-in, and when they boarded the plane they had so much stuff they filled the entire bin meant for 3 passengers. The other 2 passengers then had to find a different bin for their stuff. This created a "ripple effect" and as I watched, passengers in the 5th and 6th row were being forced to store their baggage at the back of the plane as everything around them was already filled.

And what is the main cause of all this ? The airlines ? No. It is the conceited, arrogant individuals who decide that they should be treated differently than everyone else.

Certain major airlines have started stricter enforcement of their carry-on rules as well, as again, people try to skirt around having to pay for checked luggage. I've also see where people have been stopped just before entering the plane and told their bags would have to go in the undercarriage. They've been tagged on the spot and sent down the little slide to the tarmac and then hand loaded into the belly (they weren't charged for that though).

Unfortunately there are too many morons these days that think the world revolves around them. It's nice to see some of them get put back into their place now and then. Maybe if it happened a little more often people would start getting the hint and start having a little more consideration for everyone else around them.

Nah, that'll never happen. dry.png

• Like 2

My understanding is that airline staff never, as they are not allowed, put baggage in overseas lockers. My allowance is 30kg + hand luggage but I never use that much so shouldn't I have bigger carry on allowance? I am entitled. I find myself paying more for my tickets often due to some devious, dubious airline scam, than the person next to me! The most dreadful airlines I have used are British Airways with their orange faced lesbian bullies and Gulf Air where nothing works on the plane, including the stewards except when they emerge from their galley torpor threaten a happy passenger with a cattle prod.

Hands up!

I got caught out last week in Birmingham 1 small carry on rucksack and computer bag I always travel this way never any checked luggage but not this time, as its 10k sir ,check the bag in

I did enquire why it was not picked up by other Emirates stations on the BKK DXB BHX flight, the little cherub sighed and said he did things properly.

He also offered me an upgrade at 400 GBP and seemed a little miffed when I declined and said it would be better if it was free!

I put it down to experience and the fact he didn't fancy me