State prosecutor orders police to question more before indicting the murder suspects in court

Lite Beer

on twitter now

@atomicalandy

Zaw Linn/Win Zaw Tun signed statement just submitted to prosecutor states they didn't kill or rape victims and were not at the crime scene.

Important: Koh Tao case accused migrants Zaw Linn/Win Zaw Tun retract confessions after 5 hours of questioning by lawyers at Samui prison.

And more http://twitter/com/Atomicalandy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To the RTP, The General and to all Thai knobs.

So, the old brush off, fob off , make it up as we go, stupid dumb Farrangs don't know nothin. Not workin too well Huh!

Welcome to the world outside your borders.

According to some senior officials, we are the knobs:

"National chief Police General Somyot Pumpanmuang told the media that he will try his best as National Chief of Police in order to building trust, love, and respect from the public.

Mr. Somyod denied that police caught the wrong suspects. He said that social media users has a right to criticized to work of the police.

This is what Mr. Somyod said about CSI LA and friends

1:15-2:00 " You can say whatever want because you don't have any physical presence. You never thought that your opinion will effect the work and feeling of the police. You are just a keyboard detective who has wild imagination and can't stop thinking. Since we are the police, we can take criticism. Your opinion also effects our society. In our society there are lots of people with different level intelligence. Only idiots believe what they saw on social media""

on twitter now

@atomicalandy

Zaw Linn/Win Zaw Tun signed statement just submitted to prosecutor states they didn't kill or rape victims and were not at the crime scene.

Important: Koh Tao case accused migrants Zaw Linn/Win Zaw Tun retract confessions after 5 hours of questioning by lawyers at Samui prison.

JD should be along any moment now to make a one-line dismissal of the importance of this retraction.

In the real world, however, this is huge and bolsters greatly the position of those….what was JD's term (though he has no stance!) oh yes "hair-brained conspiracy theorists."

And granted, if they'd done it they may have just wised up and realised they can work the system (probably shouldn't feed such iffy ammo to the shills, but…..). But all things considered thus far, Occam's razor's edge points at their retraction being legit.

To the RTP, The General and to all Thai knobs.

So, the old brush off, fob off , make it up as we go, stupid dumb Farrangs don't know nothin. Not workin too well Huh!

Welcome to the world outside your borders.

According to some senior officials, we are the knobs:

"National chief Police General Somyot Pumpanmuang told the media that he will try his best as National Chief of Police in order to building trust, love, and respect from the public.

Mr. Somyod denied that police caught the wrong suspects. He said that social media users has a right to criticized to work of the police.

This is what Mr. Somyod said about CSI LA and friends

1:15-2:00 " You can say whatever want because you don't have any physical presence. You never thought that your opinion will effect the work and feeling of the police. You are just a keyboard detective who has wild imagination and can't stop thinking. Since we are the police, we can take criticism. Your opinion also effects our society. In our society there are lots of people with different level intelligence. Only idiots believe what they saw on social media""

He is allowed his opinion on what society saw, which contained many RTP actions (like the re-enactment) and contradictory statements.

Edited by stephen terry

BTW, anyone interested can find Arnold Schopenhauer's "The Art of Being Right" online and get a better understanding of the rhetorical tricks employed by people (or their unintentional use of same) to derail sincere debate and/or confuse the issue. He wrote it ironically and interestingly you still see people recommending it, thinking Schopenhauer was advocating rather than exposing these rhetorical tricks. I saw a business-oriented website extoll it recently, hilarious.

Schopenhauer was a compassionate man in addition to being a great mind and his desire for truth stemmed from that; I see parallels here.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

on twitter now

@atomicalandy

JD should be along any moment now to make a one-line dismissal of the importance of this retraction.

In the real world, however, this is huge and bolsters greatly the position of those….what was JD's term (though he has no stance!) oh yes "hair-brained conspiracy theorists."

And granted, if they'd done it they may have just wised up and realised they can work the system (probably shouldn't feed such iffy ammo to the shills, but…..). But all things considered thus far, Occam's razor's edge points at their retraction being legit.

I wonder what could have prompted this retraction.

They met with lawyers for 5 hours. Do we know if these were experienced, professional (maybe even foreign, as in British) lawyers? Were they told that the "perfect case" against them was maybe not so "perfect" after all? Were they told that there was in fact no DNA match? Did the first lawyer in fact took pictures of their claimed bruises?

Interesting days ahead. For the sake of justice, I hope we will uncover the truth fairly soon.

The first port of call for the British Police is Sean, he has the answers and at the least is an accessory to rape and murder.

Where is the banana pancake man now... I guess that's what u get when u get an unofficial, uncredited translator on the case who has no visa, no work permit and performing pancake making duties that is strictly a profession reserved for Thais. Deportation and blacklisted for this chap please. Thai immigration r u out there.

You can bet,

he is on the top of the short list for Scotland Yard

he will easily be found out if he has recently come into some money, in these slower times

He will be the first and easiest to crack

But, expect the guilty and their cronies to start making mistakes

Edited by BoristheBlade

Have the British the capability of intercepting Thai mobile calls? if so GCHQ will be on overtime

The RTP could have been using mobile phone info from day one to see who was where (though there may not be enough towers on KT to triangulate effectively, distance from one considering you have sea on one side and steep terrain on the other could be helpful); maybe they did, but it's never come up and you think if they had it to bolster their case they'd have leaked it by now.

culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:
hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:
Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

When was Sean threatened...the day after the crime or early that morning of the crime. I don't recall.

It was several days after the murders but I don't recall the exact date. However, it was later claimed by workers at the AC bar that Sean was seen on the night of the murders covered in blood and that somebody from the bar helped him clean up. Sean denies this and also claims that the wounds to his arm and leg that were seen press photos when he left the island were caused by a motorbike accident several days before the murders. Personally I think Sean is being evasive and knows more than he is admitting. For example, when asked directly by CSI LA if he knew whether Nomsod was on the island the weekend of the murders, he replied "I don't know". The Soundcloud account where he protests his innocence has now been deleted. How convenient whistling.gif "Methinks he doth protest too much"!

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 1

A baiting post has been removed.

Okay everyone, look. jdinasia is welcome to post his views on this subject however much others may disagree with the points he raises. But please stop the baiting and try and have a normal conversation.

• Like 2

Tazwa, on 21 Oct 2014 - 11:27, said:
littlebw, on 21 Oct 2014 - 09:26, said:

with regards to the above i always thought it was odd how Hannah was laid dead how she was ( legs apart an knees up ) looking like she was raped when she was dead .

Also how the condom had no dna on the inside, bastards shoved it up hannah then planted it

Face was bashed with the hoe after hannahs body was planted

Makes more sense that her body was put like that after she had been raped and killed?

THESE <deleted> ANIMALS NEED TO BE GIVEN THE DEATH PENALTY !

Littlebw, I came onto Thai Visa to write exactly what you had written after reading the post 5 minutes ago on CSI LA - you beat me to it!

Hannah's legs appeared to be positioned in a sexual pose (missionary, to be blunt). This is why, in the early days of the case, some of us believed that she had been killed first and then sexually assaulted. We had quite a conversation going between TV members as to how 2 people could possibly have the urge to have sex with a brutally disfigured dead person.

If she was sexually assaulted first and then killed, surely her body would have been in a more defensive position. If you were alive and somebody was attacking you with a hoe, would you still lay there in the position that Hannah was found in? I think the foetal position is more likely - roll into a ball and cover your head or try and defend yourself. Anyone disagree?

I have at least one doubt regarding this conspiracy theory though- I thought Hannah's friends said their was no argument or altercation between her and the locals in the bar that night. That conflicts majorly with this theory - in fact it pretty much removes the whole motive behind the murder.

Anyway, just my thoughts for now. Interested to hear sensible ideas from other members.

I have thought all along that Hannah's body was deliberately (and grotesquely) posed and what were the reasons for that? And, who put that green towel over her face, and when? However, I have difficulty in believing that the murders occurred at their accommodation. Too many witnessses, too much potential noise, apart from which both David and Hannah were sharing rooms with their travelling companions. If the murders had occurred there, I doubt their travelling companions would/could have kept silent.

• Like 2

hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:
Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

That would be Nomsod's uncle (his father's brother) Mon who was pictured with the police at the crime scene. Mon was later pulled in for questioning and then let go by the RTP, as was Nomsod's father (the village headman, or ex-headman depending on which report you read). Mon was photographed by Sean after allegedly threatening him. All of them have connections to the AC bar where the victims were last seen alive.

Thai PBS September 23: One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

Thai PBS September 24: New twist in murder of two Brits in Koh Tao

Thai PBS September 25: Police now rule out Koh Tao headman’s son

• Like 2

culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:culicine, on 21 Oct 2014 - 08:12, said:
hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:
Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:Johnsen, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:53, said:

When was Sean threatened...the day after the crime or early that morning of the crime. I don't recall.

It was several days after the murders but I don't recall the exact date. However, it was later claimed by workers at the AC bar that Sean was seen on the night of the murders covered in blood and that somebody from the bar helped him clean up. Sean denies this and also claims that the wounds to his arm and leg that were seen press photos when he left the island were caused by a motorbike accident several days before the murders. Personally I think Sean is being evasive and knows more than he is admitting. For example, when asked directly by CSI LA if he knew whether Nomsod was on the island the weekend of the murders, he replied "I don't know". The Soundcloud account where he protests his innocence has now been deleted. How convenient whistling.gif "Methinks he doth protest too much"!

According to some posts on CSI LA, Sean apparently said that the Burmese were going to be set up as scapegoats. At the same time, he also apparently said that he doesn't know anything more.

One possible way of looking at this is that if he does know who the perpetrators are and did not report that to the police (either the RTP or to the British cops), he could be looking at a charge of accessory to rape / murder. If so, then his only option now is to declare no knowledge of anything that happened that night (morning).

• Like 1

on twitter now

@atomicalandy

These guys need help, with this news, there lives are in even greater danger this evening.

I don't think so. Trying to harm the suspects now will surely indicate beyond reasonable doubt that they are innocent and that the real criminals are still at large. They were only scapegoats and whatever they might know is unlikely to carry much weight, due to now having a motive.

A baiting post has been removed.

Okay everyone, look. jdinasia is welcome to post his views on this subject however much others may disagree with the points he raises. But please stop the baiting and try and have a normal conversation.

That's all good but I think it behooves moderators on any forum to educate themselves in the many sometimes subtle ways people with an agenda can be very disruptive to other members even if their disruptiveness (i.e. trolling, shilling, sowing confusion for its own sake) is less obvious than that of others, like those who respond to them. Maybe PM those folks if you're aware of how they're spoiling the debate. There is a lot of information about this on the web, being familiar with these ploys should come along with the status of moderator, not that it often does. Some times.

I await a PM or deletion of this "disruptive" comment biggrin.pngwai2.gif

No I'll leave your post there.

They are part of the debate. Disagreeing is fine, but baiting is unnecessary. I'll leave it for others to judge for themselves whether posters have an agenda.

• Like 2

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

you can call me whatever you want (a conspiracy nut case or whatever).BUT I will have MY OPINION. With that being said, i feel that with the international media coverage and with the British police on the scene, the prosecutor cannot risk being bribed, getting caught and losing face,Thus rejected the BIB bribery. And now the BIB are stuck, and they have no way other way unless they collectt more evidence, but they cannot do this because there isn't any solid evidence that links the accused to the murder.

• Like 1

hobz, on 21 Oct 2014 - 02:58, said:

That would be Nomsod's uncle (his father's brother) Mon who was pictured with the police at the crime scene. Mon was later pulled in for questioning and then let go by the RTP, as was Nomsod's father (the village headman, or ex-headman depending on which report you read). Mon was photographed by Sean after allegedly threatening him. All of them have connections to the AC bar where the victims were last seen alive.

Thai PBS September 23: One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

Thai PBS September 24: New twist in murder of two Brits in Koh Tao

Thai PBS September 25: Police now rule out Koh Tao headman’s son

those three news report links say everything about who are the real suspects in this case

no doubt the time that Mon and Nomsods father were in custody were spent discussing how much cash would be needed to make this go away........I am disgusted at the whole debacle

• Like 1

Gweiloman, on 21 Oct 2014 - 19:14, said:Gweiloman, on 21 Oct 2014 - 19:14, said:Gweiloman, on 21 Oct 2014 - 19:14, said:

IslandLover, on 21 Oct 2014 - 16:58, said:IslandLover, on 21 Oct 2014 - 16:58, said:IslandLover, on 21 Oct 2014 - 16:58, said:IslandLover, on 21 Oct 2014 - 16:58, said:IslandLover, on 21 Oct 2014 - 16:58, said:

According to some posts on CSI LA, Sean apparently said that the Burmese were going to be set up as scapegoats. At the same time, he also apparently said that he doesn't know anything more.

One possible way of looking at this is that if he does know who the perpetrators are and did not report that to the police (either the RTP or to the British cops), he could be looking at a charge of accessory to rape / murder. If so, then his only option now is to declare no knowledge of anything that happened that night (morning).

Actually he inferred he "expected the Burmese migrant workers would be set up as scapegoats" (a somewhat obvious observation given the way things have panned out). He also said "check who didn't turn up for work the day after the murders" (again a somewhat obvious observation IMO). Sean also claims that he has (recently, since he fled Koh Tao to a destination unknown - probably Italy?) given an interview to the "Sunday Mail" (I presume he means the Mail on Sunday) about the case. So far, that article has not appeared. I don't know what to believe of Sean but I suspect he knows more than he is telling. I hope the U.K. police are watching him because I think your observation about him being considered an accessory to the crime is probably correct.

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 1

We know the Thai's are not interested in justice. If they wanted to be true and shut down all speculation all they would have to do is have a British Forensic expert or even Porntip the Thai forensic expert collect DNA from the two suspects without the help of police. Send it to the UK for verification from the post mortem exam. UK authorities would have no reason to lie, neither would Pornthip or the UK forensic experts. If they said it matched then everyone would praise the Thai police for doing their job. Of course this won't happen because it would require a real desire to find the killers and it would require common sense and honesty.

• Like 1

I'm relieved to see the suspects have stated they had nothing to do with it offically now.

This case needs an immediate independent review and reinvestigation.

It won't be too difficult...the new team just need to get on Facebook and check out one profile.....

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

you can call me whatever you want (a conspiracy nut case or whatever).BUT I will have MY OPINION. With that being said, i feel that with the international media coverage and with the British police on the scene, the prosecutor cannot risk being bribed, getting caught and losing face,Thus rejected the BIB bribery. And now the BIB are stuck, and they have no way other way unless they collectt more evidence, but they cannot do this because there isn't any solid evidence that links the accused to the murder.

I agree about the prosecutors. IHMO they are jumping the sinking ship. The top brass have blanket immunity under the New Interim Constitution. The prosecutors do not and now the spit is hitting the fan their position would be `difficult` if there were to be a regime change. They cant risk being paid off or involved in this blatantly flawed, high profile case. The envelope would not suffice. Suppose it could be a bargaining ploy but doubt it. Too much at stake now.