State prosecutor orders police to question more before indicting the murder suspects in court

Lite Beer

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where is the banana pancake man now... I guess that's what u get when u get an unofficial, uncredited translator on the case who has no visa, no work permit and performing pancake making duties that is strictly a profession reserved for Thais. Deportation and blacklisted for this chap please. Thai immigration r u out there.

You can bet,

he is on the top of the short list for Scotland Yard

he will easily be found out if he has recently come into some money, in these slower times

He will be the first and easiest to crack

But, expect the guilty and their cronies to start making mistakes

• Like 1

Confessions, DNA and witnesses aren't enough? rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

Otherwise, "hey, the guys we picked up are Burmese nobodies, so just sentence them to death quickly and be done with it."

You and the poster above don't know the DNA matches. The witnesses have been unreliable. The Burmese-and-cop show of the reenactment was a farce, with a photo even showing how the Burmese had to be coached to get the facts right. The confessions were said to have been made under duress and there is mountains of evidence over the years that this is a regular occurrence, it could be called common knowledge thus confessions in MANY countries including the USA and Thailand are very often suspect. Never mind that confessions are traded for leniency and intimidation regarding punishment is also used.

Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who are suspicious of the conclusions about this case are daft? Conspiracy theorists?

I notice the ratio of doubters to true believers on this forum is huge, though the post count thanks to the trolls and possible shills is nearly even! But

the momentum is on the side of getting to the real bottom of this so carry on with your unfounded certainties but if justice is eventually served you'll be in for a surprise.

I don't think the doubters are daft....but they over-claim when they say they know things that no-one on this forum could possibly know. It is a possibility that the Burmese are guilty and it is a possibility that they are innocent. No-one on this forum knows, no-one witnessed the event; most of the doubters simply are prejudiced against the Thai police, and on principle claim to know that the Thai police are wrong everytime they open their mouths....well some of the folk in Thai jails are guilty as charged, and sometimes the police do actually catch the guilty parties, whether that offends the prejudices of the doubters or not.

Weren't people (CSI LA) looking for passenger lists for Bangkok Airways for the following day's flight from Samui to BKK?

Wouldn't another option have been (or still be) CCTV footage from the airports departure and arrival lounges.

Where Is TAT's spin on this? Where is the photo of them finger pointing? where is The left handed killer using cell in video? Oh that's right he was in Bangkok at the time with that photo shop pic being done three days after he murdered them.

"He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

Otherwise, "hey, the guys we picked up are Burmese nobodies, so just sentence them to death quickly and be done with it."

You and the poster above don't know the DNA matches. The witnesses have been unreliable. The Burmese-and-cop show of the reenactment was a farce, with a photo even showing how the Burmese had to be coached to get the facts right. The confessions were said to have been made under duress and there is mountains of evidence over the years that this is a regular occurrence, it could be called common knowledge thus confessions in MANY countries including the USA and Thailand are very often suspect. Never mind that confessions are traded for leniency and intimidation regarding punishment is also used.

Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who are suspicious of the conclusions about this case are daft? Conspiracy theorists?

I notice the ratio of doubters to true believers on this forum is huge, though the post count thanks to the trolls and possible shills is nearly even! But

the momentum is on the side of getting to the real bottom of this so carry on with your unfounded certainties but if justice is eventually served you'll be in for a surprise.

Some posters obviously don't understand the rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif emoticons.

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

I think the Brits have told the Thais that they have done their own DNA check and there isn't a match. You're now seeing the Thai side scrambling around for some kind of face save.

First thing is to buy some time by delaying the court case and passing it back to the responsibility of the police. Look for some announcements in coming days of technical problems with the machines used to do the DNA check plus some kind of other development that couldn't possibly have been foreseen by the police.

So a new conclusion might be reached, but of course it's not the fault of the police that they accused the wrong men and the changed result is due to their own efforts, nothing to do with the public or the Brits.

I have looked at and posted on this Forum UK procedural documents for both murders of UK citizens abroad as specific to Thailand and for the FCO worldwide in general. In no document that I have seen is there any mention of securing DNA prior to embalming in the country where the death occurred. If the bodies were embalmed prior to repatriation to UK there is almost no chance according to the scientific pathology literature that DNA of other persons could be recovered from the victims as it is difficult to recover and identify DNA from the victim's body at all.

So while it has been repeatedly said on here that the UK investigators have produced DNA other than from the victim's after the bodies were returned to UK, there is no indication in any UK document that that would or could have occurred.

Do you know exactly what embalming process is used ? It's not a cleansing of the body removing all potential useful evidence. From what I've read it's mainly related to replacing what's left of the blood which in this case is largely irrelevant.

Sending a departed loved one back to the UK for burial is very different to urgently (within 6 days) repatriating the remains of a murder victim. Forensic autopsies are routinely performed by the UK authorities on foreign murder victims.

I don't think the doubters are daft....but they over-claim when they say they know things that no-one on this forum could possibly know. It is a possibility that the Burmese are guilty and it is a possibility that they are innocent. No-one on this forum knows, no-one witnessed the event; most of the doubters simply are prejudiced against the Thai police, and on principle claim to know that the Thai police are wrong everytime they open their mouths....well some of the folk in Thai jails are guilty as charged, and sometimes the police do actually catch the guilty parties, whether that offends the prejudices of the doubters or not.

From a rational POV, I would agree with you. But THIS investigation is far from rational. There are dozens of RTP actions, counter-actions, statements and contradictions ranging from the serious (contamination of the crime scene, no forensic pathologist involved) to the absurd (re-enactment of the crime scene directed by the RTP - which is unlawful according to Thai law). And lying somewhere in the middle is the confirmation that the B2 DNA matched the female victim announced one day after their arrest (despite them being cleared in the beginning, and which is physically impossible to confirm a match in that time frame).

In a rational country the above contamination and unscientific analysis of DNA would be enough to free the suspects even if they were guilty of entering the country illegally (one of the charges against them that has merit).

IMO power and money have a bigger impact than rationality on whether perps are convicted or not - and even if they are, once the payment is agreed, not many stay in jail for long.

• Like 1

Where Is TAT's spin on this? Where is the photo of them finger pointing? where is The left handed killer using cell in video? Oh that's right he was in Bangkok at the time with that photo shop pic being done three days after he murdered them.

he looked like some sort of pixie, dropped into the walking area of that store,

no bag or any sign of grocery purchase after he went out for a little "photo-shopping?"

who leaves a store, with nothing?

"Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who are suspicious of the conclusions about this case are daft? Conspiracy theorists?"

Quite possibly.

If you think that the fact that sheer numbers of people who have expressed an opinion matter then you also have to consider the billions who have not expressed their opinion and are not suspicious, daft or conspiracy theorists. Outnumbered.

No, because all amongst the 100,000 can be assumed to know about the case, while only a tiny percentage of the rest of humanity can be assumed to know about it. But thanks for wasting a couple minutes of my time.

find more circumstantial evidence

Like, er, to prove they were at the crime scene and not in bed asleep as their friend and erstwhile prosecution witness claims.

And, too small to overpower anyone the size of David

My thought too, even if the accused were involved there for sure were others. thumbsup.gif

find more circumstantial evidence

Like, er, to prove they were at the crime scene and not in bed asleep as their friend and erstwhile prosecution witness claims.

And, too small to overpower anyone the size of David

My thought too, even if the accused were involved there for sure were others. thumbsup.gif

Like the mysterious, unidentified third DNA person who has been quietly ignored by the RTP.

• Like 2

Hold on,, I thought the investigation was now "PERFECT"? I though they had significant evidence that definitely shows that they had arrested the right suspects? I thought that the police had been given rewards for their exceptional work? I thought that the suspects had NOT retracted their confessions and therefore a trial is not necessary?

This is now so smelly it can be detected across all continents all over the world.

Please Thailand,, please stop this charade and try and salvage some dignity, time is running out.

Well if the police say they didn't do it then that's OK.

Happily it looks like they don't have enough"evidence" to prosecute two innocent men.

Unfortunately The BIB's are well versed in the thoughts of Hannibal, "If we cannot find a way I will make one"

Unfortunately for them those days have finally passed.

Myanmar is not what it once was and the nature of these murders demands a proper and full investigation.

Until the truth comes out the RTP will remain rightly under the spotlight.

It seems however that everyone can see the obvious apart from them!!

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

When was Sean threatened...the day after the crime or early that morning of the crime. I don't recall.

Hold on,, I thought the investigation was now "PERFECT"? I though they had significant evidence that definitely shows that they had arrested the right suspects? I thought that the police had been given rewards for their exceptional work? I thought that the suspects had NOT retracted their confessions and therefore a trial is not necessary?

This is now so smelly it can be detected across all continents all over the world.

Please Thailand,, please stop this charade and try and salvage some dignity, time is running out.

I don't think this will make it to court. There are so many holes and more seem to keep popping up. Even the prosecutors have shredded it. What may happen is that there is not enough evidence to indict the Burmese....they will be released.....but the real criminals will not be chased. The case will be shelved as being unsolved.

• Like 1

Add to that Nomsods father was allowed onto the crime scene. One has to question why he would be there and what was he doing. Very strange. Does he often help the police on crime scenes or only when his son is involved..

Actually, I don't think that was Nom Sods father, but a member of the local mafia. .. either way, your point is valid... The guy allowed on the crime scene was the one Sean McAnna photographed and claimed that he was threatened by........ PROBABLY involved in the murder or atleast the cover up.

When was Sean threatened...the day after the crime or early that morning of the crime. I don't recall.

It was much later than this.

"At the same time, the state prosecutor of the Eight Prosecution Region, Mr Thawatchai Siengjiew, disclosed that the working group of prosecutors have ordered the police to probe into more issues and to question more witnesses and find more circumstantial evidence before the state prosecutor could prosecute them in the court.

He said that case needed to have substantial evidence as it is closely watched by people around the world."

So this investigation is then FAR from complete as stated. These are not minor details; all parts of the prosecutor's case need work.

++++++

"Human Rights Office officials said they received complaints that the two Myanmar suspects were beaten by the police during the interrogation.

They said from the interview with the suspects also confirmed they were beaten.

However a cross check of the suspects’ claim with Koh Pha-ngan police chief Pol Col Prachum Ruangthong showed there was no beating as claimed by the suspect. The officer confirmed no beating or torture."

So there are two contradictory "confirmations." Note that the Burmese can only make claims, while the Pol. Col. can "confirm" that beating them didn't happen. Isn't he just making a counter-claim?

You're correct in the staement just being a counter-claim. Thing is, Thailand is under Martial Law and anything said by the authorities eg, police, military (especially!) and judges must be treated as 'fact'.

Failure to do so could prove problematic for any member of the press. I'm no fan of the far right stance of the Thai press, but do they have any choice?

But, on the other side of the coin...

Interesting to see a few of the 'top brass' contradicting the General. Prayuth said it was ''...a perfect investigation''. He even congratulated the cops. Now, these guys are saying it's anything but perfect. We've had a top cop seemingly contradicting the General too. Even the papers have had a few critical entries on the General in recent days.The tourist board have been moaning about the General's decision not to end Martial Law. What next? Oh yep. A satirical Thai TV show has been getting really close to the bone on the political situation in Thailand in recent days. It's on youtube (the dude looks half farang and another chubby dude). I've seen the version with subtitles and...well....brave lads, is all I can say. At one point they seemed to be doing a fake ad for visiting Thailand. The gist of it was 'Amazing Thailand..we've got Martial Law..come on in!'' They also went close to bone about Ko Tao (regarding the cops/mafia).

They're all either very brave or sense something we don't. I don't think all this is a coincidence.

I've seen the vid.It really is "Amazing",those guys have some balls.

someone please send me the link with subtitles,,, thanks

I don't think this will make it to court. There are so many holes and more seem to keep popping up. Even the prosecutors have shredded it. What may happen is that there is not enough evidence to indict the Burmese....they will be released.....but the real criminals will not be chased. The case will be shelved as being unsolved.

I can see that happening as well. Although I think it will be very difficult to shelve this one,,

If only someone in authority would grow some plums and do the right thing,,, instant respect gained and credibility at least partially created.

At the end of the day the only thing that is really and only required to clear up this case is DNA sample matching of the semen found in Hannahs body. Who ever amtches to it then the case is over. However if some people can refuse to be DNA tested then the case will never really be closed I guess. Will the Brit Police and Myanmar officials have any influence in demanding that those refusing tests will and should be tested?? I very much doubt it, sadly.

Will our new great leader also have the balls to take the bull by the horns and as he says, rid this country and this case and others of the future and past corruption????. Will he demand that nobody has the right to refuse tests too?????. Doubt it.

Will the PM shout and demand that they allow the British Police and myanmar officials the right to demand that all suspects in this case be rightly DNA tested or are the Myanmarians and British Police just supposed to sit on a fence and watch a comedy show of errors and listen to excuses of lost evidence etc etc.

Why are the prosectuors now saying that this case is again full of flaws and holes ? Because they also know that the world is also watching them too.

If Thailand really wants to preserve its image for tourists and foreign investment, it has to be seen to be doing things correctly from now on and continue to so in the future, rather than let a few self important, hi so, rich folk dictate to the regime of the day, in order to admonish themselves of guilt.

As we all know, It is not only happening to Tourists but Thai to Thai also, what is going to happen to Prince Red Bull et al????????

Now is the chance to save real face and show one and all in Thailand and around the World , that nobody in Thailand is above the law, regardless of postions in society, political affiliations or how much dodgy money they have in the bank .

Can you explain to me how the DNA solves these crimes?

"Who ever amtches to it then the case is over [sic]"

If you rape someone you have not murdered them, if you had consensual sex that doesn't mean you raped them or murdered them.

All that DNA can do is place someone at a location and possibly indicate some 'actions' that occurred sex for example).

The police have to built a case around these murders, DNA is a part of the case but it isn't the be all or end all...

Thats true. But unless someone is caught red handed, on film, smiling full on whilst leaving their handprint on a glass surface all cases are presented as a collection of circumstantial evidence, thats why its called "without reasonable doubt".

For example, if his skin is under her nails, his DNA is found on her body, her blood is found on his clothes, his DNA is found on the hoe,, this still does not prove he killed her but it would certainly point towards high probability and potentially without reasonable doubt.

However, in the case it seems they have almost nothing expect some CCTV footage that means absolutely zip.

The officer confirmed no beating or torture.

Well that settles that then.

Yes, it assuring to know that there wasn't any underhanded going's in the freely given confessions, and it's also important to realise that the BIB or their spokesmen never ever lie -- as they are Thai and we have been assured that a Thai wouldn't or couldn't ever do such a thing.

more substantial than a dna match and confession?!

is that evidence not rock solid anymore then?

I think the Brits have told the Thais that they have done their own DNA check and there isn't a match. You're now seeing the Thai side scrambling around for some kind of face save.

First thing is to buy some time by delaying the court case and passing it back to the responsibility of the police. Look for some announcements in coming days of technical problems with the machines used to do the DNA check plus some kind of other development that couldn't possibly have been foreseen by the police.

So a new conclusion might be reached, but of course it's not the fault of the police that they accused the wrong men and the changed result is due to their own efforts, nothing to do with the public or the Brits.

I have looked at and posted on this Forum UK procedural documents for both murders of UK citizens abroad as specific to Thailand and for the FCO worldwide in general. In no document that I have seen is there any mention of securing DNA prior to embalming in the country where the death occurred. If the bodies were embalmed prior to repatriation to UK there is almost no chance according to the scientific pathology literature that DNA of other persons could be recovered from the victims as it is difficult to recover and identify DNA from the victim's body at all.

So while it has been repeatedly said on here that the UK investigators have produced DNA other than from the victim's after the bodies were returned to UK, there is no indication in any UK document that that would or could have occurred.

Do you know exactly what embalming process is used ? It's not a cleansing of the body removing all potential useful evidence. From what I've read it's mainly related to replacing what's left of the blood which in this case is largely irrelevant.

Sending a departed loved one back to the UK for burial is very different to urgently (within 6 days) repatriating the remains of a murder victim. Forensic autopsies are routinely performed by the UK authorities on foreign murder victims.

I know nothing about the specifics of this case and have never said so. Forensic autopsies if performed on a corpse that was embalmed with a certificate for international repatriation often do not yield sufficient DNA for identification save for an eyebrow.

"In cases when bodies after death are embalmed, tissues become contaminated, and contain PCR inhibitors, disenabling DNA profiling."
Edited by JLCrab

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What happened to their blood stained clothing then??? , must have been a lot of spatter from the hoe!!!

Then of course if these guys where singing folk songs it seems natural to take a hoe along don't you think!!!

Then theirs the case of that other lad who allegedly fell 50 meters but found with no broken bones in the sea!!!

The British Consulate needs to be more vocal on these issues

Do you have any proof that the two Myanmar boys actually took the hoe to the location?

No need for proof, it is understood and well known that you always take your hoe along with your guitar when heading for the beach for a quiet beer and a bit of music- that's just in case you need to beat someone to death - and of course you always leave it behind when finished.

• Like 1

This all started ( the so called media frenzy) when a certain someone said that a Thai pewrson could not have done this.

That sent a very clear message to the 'investigators'.

Hence, where we are now.

I believe justice will prevail in the end if not only for the fact the prosecuting team have seen the attention, realised its implications

and are not stupid enough to dip their bread in this toxic gravy.

Others have not been quite so clever.

"Do you think the hundreds of thousands of people who are suspicious of the conclusions about this case are daft? Conspiracy theorists?"

Quite possibly.

If you think that the fact that sheer numbers of people who have expressed an opinion matter then you also have to consider the billions who have not expressed their opinion and are not suspicious, daft or conspiracy theorists. Outnumbered.

Probably not expressed an opinion for a number of reasons,

Know nothing about it

Couldn't give a rats a_rse about it

know that questioning the BIB is a waste of time

are well aware that the BIB always get their way - no matter what

Sure there are probably many other valid reasons but not worth spending any more time answering such a stupid statement.

• Like 1