What's the "first question" when expat meets expat in different Thai regions?

Jingthing

This one just for fun ... so attempts (successful or not) at humor are encouraged.

Different cities and regions in different countries have different flavors and attract different kinds of people with different priorities in life.

So the FIRST QUESTION when stranger meets stranger in different places can be representative of these different cultural environments.

So ... again ... just for fun ... what is the FIRST QUESTION when expat meets expat in different Thai regions?

Don't get the concept? Here is an example:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/10/20/why-portland-is-growing-its-own-swiss-chard-and-stealing-your-college-grads/

... you can tell a lot about a place by the first question anyone living there asks of new acquaintances, in a bar, at a party, anywhere.

In D.C., it is, of course, "so what do you do?"

"Oh, that wouldn't be it in Portland," Hales says. "Here, the first question would be 'what neighborhood do you live in?'"

Suggestions of regions ... add more if you like ... fill in as many or as few as you like:

Bangkok central:

Bangkok suburbs:

Pattaya:

Jomtien:

Pattaya dark side:

Chiang Mai:

Phuket:

Hua Hin:

Isaan on the farm:

Isaan in the city:

Chiang Rai:
Krabi:
Koh Samui:
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

My first visit to Thailand was Pattaya sometime ago. A work mate who lived there suggested I might enjoy a visit. I checked into my hotel and got a call saying find Soi 6 and meet me there.

My first words to him were " Why the hell didn't you tell me about this place sooner!"

• Like 2

In Pattaya i would imagine it would be

"So who were you with ? SAS, SBS or MI5 ? " whistling.gif

Sorry not sure I really live here now ...

I didn't have high hopes for this thread but I feel a train wreck coming on.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

Khon Kaen: "have you heard about the Greek bloke that milks Badgers?"

Is that him that wears the mini skirts?

Who? Gayllips or Costas?

Thinks its both, but ones suspects you can tell the difference between the two, Costa's is the one who doesn't have a hand bag as part of his ensemble, but guess the give away he has the badger under his arm.

Now, now posters please calm down.

My private love affair is of no concern to you........sob, sob......he rejected me.

Neither my other habits........Dr Will is treating me very well......thank you very much.

Now to JT's question.

If I know he is English, I'll ask him........What do you think of the weather in Thailand?

If I know he is American, I'll ask him.......Do you think Obama is a good president?

If I know he is from Finland, I'll ask him.......Are you Finish ed with Thailand?

If I know he is from Italy, I'll ask him..........Eh Bambino how's tricks?

If I know he is from Greece, I'll ask him.......Vre Malaka what are you doing here? ( Get a dictionary for translation)

All the others, I'll ask them..........Where do you come from?