what doc's do I take to my first 90 day reporting

In Chiang Mai 1 copy of all the following is required:

• Original passport
  • Completed TM47
  • Copies of all passport pages with Thai stamps.
  • Proof of residence (lease, receipt, note from landlord, etc.)

All copies must have been signed by you.

• Original passport
  • Completed TM47
  • Copies of all passport pages with Thai stamps.

I do my 90 day reports in Chiang Mai, and only supply passport copies of:

• Data page
  • Original visa
  • Extension
  • Latest entry stamp
  • Departure card

And I have not yet been asked for proof of residence, neither for the extensions nor for the 90 day reports.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

Some immigration offices have all information in its computers, and for the 90 days report only the passport is required. You can go up 15 days in advance just with your passport to see what they will ask for you if need it.

As one of the main purposes of the 90-day report is to keep track of where long-stayers are located, I am surprised that they did not ask you for proof of address.

When I lived in Phang Nga (Khao Lak) the Immigration Office asked me for photos of where I lived and a map of where it was.

If I were living with a friend or parents of a friend I would just have my hosts write a brief note explaining that you are staying there, with address, phone number, etc.

90 Day Reporting:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

1. Passport
  2. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  3. Photocopy of departure card TM.6
  4. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  5. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM 47

Shouldn't need proof of address. 90 day reporting is only confirming address, which you do on the form.

90 Day Reporting:

1. Passport

- current visa

- last extension of visa

Shouldn't need proof of address. 90 day reporting is only confirming address, which you do on the form.

That is for mail in reports.

If applying in person only the passport and TM47 form is needed at most offices including Bangkok. Only a few odd offices want more.

DerekMarshall, on 21 Oct 2014 - 15:22, said:
Seligne2, on 21 Oct 2014 - 14:59, said:

What if you dont have that, I mean living in your gf´s parents house with zero proof of residence?

Derek, take a copy of the MILS Tabian Ban and a copy of her ID card. Have her sign both copies and write her phone number.

As you don't have your own Tabian Ban or Lease Agreement get a letter from the MIL explaining you live with her daughter in her residence.

That should be enough as 'Proof of Address'.

You should also get the MIL to complete Form TM 30 - Notifaication from Housemaster/Owner/or Possessor of where the Alien has Stayed.

All forms here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/category/6-thai-immigration-application-forms/?sort_order=ASC&sort_key=file_submitted&num=10&st=10

Took a friend down to Pattaya for 90 day extension 2 weeks ago, she just needed her passport, arrivals/departure card and the completed TM47. She was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

That was a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country not an extension.

An extension would be TM7 form and a lot more documents.

It seems to depend (again) on which immigration office you go to. Jomtien require only TM 47 and copy of photo page in passport. Sri Racha require copy of visa, proof of address, last extension stamp, stamp from last entry and departure slip additionally. I always take copies of everything in passport and hand over what they ask for. 5 minutes in and out.

Edited by hugh2121

Most employed visas are handled by the employer, if you are both then I would recommend visiting your immigration office with your passport and TM47 . For time purposes, it would not hurt to copy in advance your front page, visa page and a copy of the TM6 entry card. This sounds like your first report, bring this with you, later its all a learning experience for everyone. All immigration offices are NOT the same when asking for copies . You just need to learn your office and what they want from you and from that point on changes are minamal

i am going to immigration tomorrow to apply for 1 year extension, (retiree) just wondered my departure card is blank as i had a one-way ticket, (money in the bank etc all good) obviously i am not the first person to do this, (why pay for a return if you have no intention of returning) will this raise any eyebrows tomorrow, off on a tangent, i went to Bangkok for verification, you would have thought i came from Mars, just sign a piece of paper,"this person has *** baht in our bank," stamp it and job done. 2 minutes, no, i was in there for 40 minutes, staring at an empty seat opposite me while the person dealing with me went back to the counter and started serving everyone else, w.t.f. finally a piece of paper arrived with what i wanted, surely i am not the first person to go into this bank at soi 11 and ask for this, ? its not rocket science, (or maybe it is to them) so decent clothes on tomorrow (smart boy) and off i go nice and early. -- xciting or what .

thanks for that MOD you saved the day and me getting up early, so ok for Friday then ?, you know what is going to happen now - out early on a Friday, yes just one drink and then go home, shit, next thing you know its midnight, and your 4,000 baht worse off lol !!

90 Day Reporting:

1. Passport

- current visa

- last extension of visa

Exactly. this is also practiced in Samut Prakan. First time, however, no need for any photocopies etc. ,but second time photocopies required because "the big boss" in Bangkok said so.