No more double entry's for Thailand?

Hi there, has any one any new information on the double entry visa in France ? I have seen on a new post that they do not exist any more ? I've tried calling the embassies but no one answered. On the websites they say only one entry, allowing 2 months, then an extension of 30 days. Unfortunately, I have already booked and paid my flights,hotels, visit to vietnam and Cambodia by plane, hotels there etc, and my return to Thailand and hotels based on the fact that I thought I'd get a double entry. Which exceeds by 2 weeks a tourist visa, as I'm arriving in Bangkok the 1 dec and leaving the 15 th.Any advice would be most welcome.

Has Ubonjoe any good ideas foe me ? Thanks so much.

I have seen reports that Paris will only do single entries and you must of been out of Thailand for 90 days before they will even do one.

You could get the single entry and then just do a 30 day visa exempt entry for the remainder of your trip.

• Like 1

Thanks, but if I make a quick trip to Laos by plane , for example around the 16 th of February, will I need to do a visa there, or can I come back in for another 30 days till my flight back to France on the 15 March ? Unfortunately I made and paid my hotel booking s and flights for Viietnam for 19 jan to 4 th feb, based on the idea I'd have a double entry( as I do every year). So when I get back from this trip it will be the 4 th of Feb, which means I have 40 days again in Thailand, where again I have booked and paid for a trip to koh chang ! I'm an idiot, but never thought they'd stop double entries when you have all the paper work, booking flights, money etc. thanks.

Thanks, but if I make a quick trip to Laos by plane , for example around the 16 th of February, will I need to do a visa there, or can I come back in for another 30 days till my flight back to France on the 15 March ? Unfortunately I made and paid my hotel booking s and flights for Viietnam for 19 jan to 4 th feb, based on the idea I'd have a double entry( as I do every year). So when I get back from this trip it will be the 4 th of Feb, which means I have 40 days again in Thailand, where again I have booked and paid for a trip to koh chang ! I'm an idiot, but never thought they'd stop double entries when you have all the paper work, booking flights, money etc. thanks.

May be what French people should do is write to TAT complaining that the embassy or consulate did not issue them a tourist visa covering their travel needs.

However if you can get a tourist visa in Vietnam that would be better, because it cost less than the extension and save a trip to immigration office.

Thanks Ubonjoe, so I leave Thailand on the 19 th January, vietnam and cambodia till the 4 th of Feb, fly back in on a visa exempt, nearing the 30 days I go to immigration and get an extension and leave on the 15 th March.. Ooof, I'm starting to breathe again!

Paz, your e right too, as most people who know where they are going book well in advance and often get better deals, which has always worked for me. Nobody knows in advance that laws are going to change, that ll teach me a lesson ! !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

double entries

Try the consult in Wales they are always helpful

Did either of you read that he is in France as mentioned in the OP.

you stay 3.5 months, you can stay 60 days plus an extension of 30 days. and go Lao and come back for 30 days. (you leave 15 days before your exit stamp expires)

or

60 days, go to Lao for a visa and come back for 60 days. (you leave 15 days before your exit stamp expires)

pretty much the same and cost the same. but if you want a visa in Lao you need to stay there 1 night.

Edited by Digitalnomade

It has been at least 3 years that the Embassy or Consulates in France don't do double entry visas. I have been going to Thailand every year for many years. I go end November and come back end March. I always had a 2 month double entry visa and paid for it in France. Used to go up to Mae Sai for the 2nd visa. Now also they are asking to have a photo copy of one's last bank statement, showing that one has the 2000 euros (four months). Up until last week, all one had to do was get a statement from the bank. No longer possible and when I asked why........answer......banks are too complaisant. Must have statement.

I don't think the Consulate in Wales would help at all.

Gillyflower, I've always had my double entry's from monaco for the past 20 years or more. It's only in the last few weeks they no longer do them. Good I have the solution from Ubonjoe, as I've always had a real visa, I never thought of coming back in on a visa exempt and getting an extension for my last few days. I'll do things differently next year, tho by then the rules will probably have changed again and again ! !