Kuwaiti man beaten by Pattaya bar guards over 'sex shows'

webfact

I've been working in the Middle East since 1992. If you think all Arabs strap up and hate the west you're very wrong. 90% of them are decent people. I've been to many lads houses for meals, been ran around Dubai in lambos and Ferraris, been out in the Gulf on my old Field Supervisors cousins $15M Yacht which was rammed with alcohol, high end hookers and all that goes with that.

believe it or not most Arabs actually hate the stereo type we have especially the younger generation.

Don't get me wrong there's many that do hate us, just as there is in any country when Johnny Foreigner works and "steels jobs" and all that.

Maybe 90% of the ones you have met, but no way that 90% are decent people, the way they treat their women and children, foreign workers and minorities, or accept the same.

Don't believe the hype

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Media and social networking is going to kill Thai tourism

Not really. It's Thailand's silliyness, corruption, crime, extortion, scams, over and double pricing, etc. that will kill tourism, not the media and social networking reporting it. Take away the first and you've got nothing for the second.

P.S. I'm including all nonsense carried out by Farang and Thai alike within the kingdom.

Four other guards reportedly joined the fray, beating and kicking the man, before fleeing the scene.

The cowards strike once again. Never one on one. wai2.gifwai.gif

"My supervisors are paying a lot of attention to this case, because it causes damage to the image of tourism in Pattaya," Pol.Col. Suchart added.

Ahh, yes. The image.

And the list of countries grows:

Brits. raped and murdered

Australian rapes

Chinese muggings

Japanese murdered and dismembered, and thrown into the water like trash

Koreans dying do to negligence

Kuwaiti beaten

Indians drugged/robbed/mugged

Lest we forget the Blue Diamond Affair.

And all those pesky "suicides"...

Going around the world in their own little fashion.

Quite the imagegiggle.gif

TIT LOS

I dunno what image they are taking seriously. We' re talking about a fight at a GOGO bar.

Having had to endure a 6 hour stop over in Kuwait airport I suspect those guys will cop it when they get home for being in an establishment that sells alcohol.

And their wives will probably burn their burquas/Nijab or whatever, in protest.

I've been working in the Middle East since 1992. If you think all Arabs strap up and hate the west you're very wrong. 90% of them are decent people. I've been to many lads houses for meals, been ran around Dubai in lambos and Ferraris, been out in the Gulf on my old Field Supervisors cousins $15M Yacht which was rammed with alcohol, high end hookers and all that goes with that.

believe it or not most Arabs actually hate the stereo type we have especially the younger generation.

Don't get me wrong there's many that do hate us, just as there is in any country when Johnny Foreigner works and "steels jobs" and all that.

during university i had to find excuses to decline dinner invitations from palestinian / arab families, and i come a country that supports israel. these people treated me as if i were their own son.

• Like 1

Kuwait Man Attacked In Walking Street Pattaya

3211.jpg
PATTAYA– October 22, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 03.30 am Pol.Lt.Col.Suchart Yamsak-investigator of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been attacked and injured in A gogo pub in Walking Street. After notification the police officers rushed to inspect the crime scene.

The officials found the foreigner who was identified as Col.Maj.Badun Nasun Alsubaiin 30 year old from Kuwait. The man had been hit in his face and head and he had cuts to his arms. The rescue performed first aid on him before sending him to Pattaya hospital.

The police officers then arrested Mr.Danthai Paksachart 29 year old security guard of the pub who had committed the offence before taking him to prosecuted at the police station.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/kuwait-man-attacked-walking-street-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-23

Having had to endure a 6 hour stop over in Kuwait airport I suspect those guys will cop it when they get home for being in an establishment that sells alcohol.

having being going there for 22 years.... i know they won't. Drugs and Alcohol widely available in Kuwait

Well that seems rather different to my experience flying Kuwaiti, not only was their no chance of a alcoholic drink or even by a bottle at the duty free while waiting for the next flight, the flights were dry and while boarding in London and Bangkok all duty free was taken off passengers and we were frisked for hip flasks.

Rather different to Emirates.

Pattaya is a much more peaceful and safe place to get drunk and have a good time (if that's your idea of a good time) than almost any town in the UK on Friday and Saturday night. At least we do not get so many drunk women fighting in the street (pity really - yes, misogynist joke). It does happen occasionally, but not every day as in the UK.

I'ts a seaside town and I remember the violent fights in Southend every night when I was young (yes Rocker). Brighton is still the same now with a much worse drug problem than Pattaya. Try causing a problem in any bar/strip-club in the UK and see how long before you are really beaten-up.

I don't condone the violence, but if the Arabs though they were cheated they could have walked (run) down to the entrance of walking street and talked to one of the Tourist police volunteers (those guys/girls do a good job)They would have sorted things out pronto.

99.99% of the problems in Pattaya are caused by the tourists (lack of water, bad roads and tour bus drivers excluded).

" 99.99 % of the problems are caused by the tourists". What a stupid reply from a pathetic Thai apologist.

"Col.Maj.Badun Nasun Alsubaiin 30 year old from Kuwait"

The Kuwait military rank structure and insignia are based the British system. In no military (including the Republic of Wadiya) can I find a reference to a "Colonel-Major" or even a "Major-Colonel" rank. Unlike most other militaries in the world,

Kuwait uses a unified rank structure across all branches of service (in other words, they don't use Petty Officer in the Navy or Flight Sergeant in the Air Force - if you are a sergeant, it doesn't matter what branch you are in, your rank would be "sergeant").

Most Kuwaiti officers are members of the ruling family or related tribal groups. Education standards are high--many are graduates of Sandhurst--and living conditions, pay, and benefits are excellent.

Well, being a "member of the ruling family or related tribal group" would explain how one would become a "Col.Maj." at the tender age of 30. rolleyes.gif

I notice in the Pattaya Daily News version of the story it says " Later he argued with the guards before leaving", an important point that was missing from the original story in which a security guard allegedly just came up and punched him.

Still lots of time for the story to change again, especially if the police interview the other security guards/staff that were there.

Edited by Kerryd

having being going there for 22 years.... i know they won't. Drugs and Alcohol widely available in Kuwait

Well that seems rather different to my experience flying Kuwaiti, not only was their no chance of a alcoholic drink or even by a bottle at the duty free while waiting for the next flight, the flights were dry and while boarding in London and Bangkok all duty free was taken off passengers and we were frisked for hip flasks.

Rather different to Emirates.

Never mind mate, never mind

I've been ... ran around Dubai in lambos and Ferraris, been out in the Gulf on my old Field Supervisors cousins $15M Yacht which was rammed with alcohol, high end hookers and all that goes with that.

I am a bit confused. What "stereo type" do you dislike?

I'm not an Arab. If you're confused already there's no point on continuing. Enjoy your day

Sorry, I misread your post.

What do you mean by the 'stereo type we have'?

I've been ... ran around Dubai in lambos and Ferraris, been out in the Gulf on my old Field Supervisors cousins $15M Yacht which was rammed with alcohol, high end hookers and all that goes with that.

I am a bit confused. What "stereo type" do you dislike?

I'm not an Arab. If you're confused already there's no point on continuing. Enjoy your day

Sorry, I misread your post.

What do you mean by the 'stereo type we have'?

Never mind mate, never mind xx

Lot of arab bashing posts which I thought were against posting policy.

Who knows what happened but the low lifes on Walking St can bash anyone for any reason and get away with it.

Could substitute the nationality for any nationality and it would be just a typical night on Walking St.

As for Kuwatis drinking or Arabs in general drinking you should see the Causeway from Saudi to Bahrain on the weekend choc a bloc with locals going for gals and drink.

• Like 2

“Four other guards reportedly joined the fray, beating and kicking the man, before fleeing the scene.”

The cowards strike once again. Never one on one. wai2.gifwai.gif

"My supervisors are paying a lot of attention to this case, because it causes damage to the image of tourism in Pattaya," Pol.Col. Suchart added.

Ahh, yes. The image.

And the list of countries grows:

Brits. raped and murdered

Australian rapes

Chinese muggings

Japanese murdered and dismembered, and thrown into the water like trash

Koreans dying do to negligence

Kuwaiti beaten

Indians drugged/robbed/mugged

Lest we forget the Blue Diamond Affair.

And all those pesky "suicides"...

Going around the world in their own little fashion.

Quite the image…giggle.gif

TIT LOS

Sir,isnt it wondeful to live in Pattaya. so much going on.

Hello tuff guys visiting Thailand...... wise up, you may be a good fighter, but you are up against Thai men who fight with all their bodies and in the ring with ropes on hands instead of boxing gloves.

Three or four such Thai fellows and you, tuff guy, are in hospital........ geeze.

The Major must have some pull the go-go was given a 60 closure.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pattaya-bar-closed-for-60-days-after-assault-30246153.html

A go-go bar in Pattaya has been closed for 60 days, after an early-morning incident on Wednesday in which a Kuwaiti army officer was assaulted by a bouncer.After the altercation in front of the Spice Spicy Girls bar on Pattaya's Walking Street, police arrested Daenthai Paksachat, 29, for assaulting Major Badan Nazan Alsubai-i, 30.

Sakchai Taeng-hor, chief of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district, who inspected the scene at about 2am yesterday, ordered the venue closed for 60 days, claiming the incident had tarnished the country's image.

Not at all..they are permitted to "indulge" in whatever are the norms of any country they visit. A Kuwaiti guy on the bus with me last week in general conversation, even talked about sectarian "problems", (there must be a better word), confirmed this.I doubt anyone would have picked on him, he was huge.

Edited by pillenwerfer

The arabs from Kuwait, saudia and the other gulf states are the most racists individuals you can find on this planet. Very unpleasant people. No doubt they must have been rude and even racist to the Thai at the bar. Good they got a beating. I understand that saudias need visas to Thailand because they rapped and killed women in Nana. Keeping these nasty arabs out of Thailand would be the best policy

They need a visa like any other foreign national. but in the case of Saudis even more so since the big Saudi gems scandal and the ensueing carnage in Thailand as the thieves killed each other,,,,,, many coppers involved in this little gem as well......

Google is your friend. The thieves ( well actually fences) were killed by Thai police who then took the jewels. The blue diamond affair is my all time favorite story about Thailand. But back to topic. I am surprised these beatings of customers by gogo door men seems to occur on a fairly regular basis. I would think at some point the chief of police of Pattaya would hold a meeting with the owners of all the gogo bars, and tell them the next time their bouncers start whaling away on a tourist, their bar will be closed forever..

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Lot of arab bashing posts which I thought were against posting policy.

Who knows what happened but the low lifes on Walking St can bash anyone for any reason and get away with it.

Could substitute the nationality for any nationality and it would be just a typical night on Walking St.

As for Kuwatis drinking or Arabs in general drinking you should see the Causeway from Saudi to Bahrain on the weekend choc a bloc with locals going for gals and drink.

and these causeways have camels as well. No camels in the bars in pattaya, so what are they doing there??

A military man and a Major too should be thoroughly ashamed of receiving a kicking from a couple of Thais especially outside an infidel den of vice.

No wonder Saddam's tanks just rolled across the border.