Help! Western union

Hey guys so its my first time to send money online via westernunion.

I sent my sister money 2 days ago.

Im wondering if its supposed to appear to my bank statement all the details, to whom i sent the money or just western union name?

Cause as of now i got nothing recorded in my bank account statement.

For whatever reason, it doesn't appear on your Bank statement for a few days. I send every now and then using the 'Money in minutes' option from the UK for the odd birthday.

Providing you actually went through the complete process of sending the money and got an 'MTCN' (Money Transfer Control Number), then the money should be available to be picked up and you can take it that your Bank has been debited. Sometimes, you have to call WU to confirm the transfer if WU's process flags it up. It will say if you need to do this in the email you get that confirms the transfer amount and the MTCN.

I usually send an SMS to the receiver to tell them the MTCN and the amount in Baht and Satang.

Then about three days later, I see an entry on my UK Bank statement of the form: 'CP TO WU nnnnnnnnnn' which means card payment to Western Union and nnnnnnnnnn is the ten digit MTCN. From experience, this appears on your statement whether or not the money has actually been picked up.

When the receiver picks up the money, then you get another email from WU saying it's been picked up. If you've signed up to SMS alerts, you'll get a text message too on your phone. If the receiver doesn't pick up the money within 30 days, WU says the money comes back to you but I have no experience of someone not collecting the money. I am sending to Thailand, after all!