Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

Universities making public statements about a private student not accused of a crime to make internet conspiracy theorists happy or Airlines releasing passenger manifests for the same reason .... Are you people for real?

You live in a world were you think some fairly well-off Islander can control an entire police force, prosecutors, judges, coroners, universities, airlines, doctors, labs all the way up the PM ....

I do John, and you and your friends on Koh Tao know that is the case.

Keep beliving John, because judgment day is coming to you and your friends, and when it does, ......good luck

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a lot of baiting going on in this topic.

ph34r.png

Members are reminded of the following Forum Rules:

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion

Yes but the time stamped video says the 15th and its at his apartment. The lawyer says he was in class 13th-15th and attended exams and has paperwork to prove it. Where's this paperwork. Where is a link to him being cleared by police. Cleared by his lawyer holding up a photo shopped photo is not the same as being cleared by the police. Links please to where police have cleared him by his alibi. A lawyer clearing you is not the same as the police clearing you.

I noted that the two migrants were mentioned in the UKs PMs questions yesterday when the PM stated he had talked to the Thai PM regarding the involvement of the UK police let us hope that the right conclusion and the real killers will be caught and brought to justice.

It is quite likely that the real killers have been caught.

Just as likely as not.

Are you suggesting the police have the paperwork of his attendance in class on those dates. I have never read that. 13th was a Saturday. What class did he have. Exams on a weekend. Do universities do that... Classes and exams on weekends. That suggests to me that his alibi might have some holes in it.

Edited by Johnsen

Just wonder why the cops do not want to catch the real killers?

A family related DNA test done by all residents of koh tao would reveal the killer and or what family the killer comes from,.

Uncles,brothers sisters cousins all have a match with the killer DNA...

It really easy cause Koh tao is a small island surely the killer has family members there. ....

Civil liberties?

Is this the same Civil liberties being applied to 2 Burmese guys currently being threatened with the death penalty, or is that a different set of Civil liberties only applied to other than Thai's ?

• Like 1

Yes but the time stamped video says the 15th and its at his apartment. The lawyer says he was in class 13th-15th and attended exams and has paperwork to prove it. Where's this paperwork. Where is a link to him being cleared by police. Cleared by his lawyer holding up a photo shopped photo is not the same as being cleared by the police. Links please to where police have cleared him by his alibi. A lawyer clearing you is not the same as the police clearing you.

Do you even hear yourself? You are suggesting all of this information including his test be released to the public?

If you want to find something in the news then go right ahead but it is common knowledge the police clearly stated he was not on the island and clearly stated they pursued him because somebody said he left the island early the next day. The followed up on the lead, just like they did with the farang friend with the cut. The followed up on many leads until they got the guys whose DNA matched --- but you don't believe this and therefore will not believe any evidence but are very happy to make up theories you believe in based on you not knowing things you have no business knowing.

Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario.

Please help me understand this properly.

So the British police are coming here in Thailand to have a chat and a cup of tea with the Thai police?

Will not be allowed to get DNA samples?

Am I reading this right?

Yep that just about sums up the situation. They can thank their lucky stars I'm not the British PM because I wouldn't be asking I'd be telling them what was going to happen when the Yard turns up.

A family related DNA test done by all residents of koh tao would reveal the killer and or what family the killer comes from,.

It really easy cause Koh tao is a small island surely the killer has family members there. ....

Civil liberties?

Is this the same Civil liberties being applied to 2 Burmese guys currently being threatened with the death penalty, or is that a different set of Civil liberties only applied to other than Thai's ?

Not the same or different :)

DNA testing 2 direct suspects is not the same as testing 15000 non-suspects

Amazing I actually asked the question to JDINASIA but that's all good. You are 100% both people.

How has he been cleared by the police. What part of his lawyers alibi checks out. Why did his lawyer need to come out with an alibi if he was already cleared. That right there is nonsensical. My client has been cleared but here is his alibi. Who does or says that. Links to where it says police have cleared this kid due to his alibi.

JDINASIA you can jump in here also whenever you want or do you fully concur with JTJ.

He was cleared and the police made a statement as such saying he was not on the island at the time of the murders. They released this information to the press and stated he was at university and that there was times stamped video of him in Bangkok. The is actually more than they needed to do because they certainly don't need to provide a police report to the public of private citizens they cleared and not accused of a crime. Besides nothing they can say you will believe any any witness or evidence will be called a liar or simply ignored.

I asked my wife about this but she told me that it was reported in the Thai press that they used his fathers DNA to clear him. There are a lot of questions unanswered, the police have learnt their lessons by now and are keeping quiet it seems. The police must have a lot more evidence then what they are saying and hopefully it will come out during the trial and all questions will be answered. And the real murderers will face justice.

Do you even hear yourself? You are suggesting all of this information including his test be released to the public?

If you want to find something in the news then go right ahead but it is common knowledge the police clearly stated he was not on the island and clearly stated they pursued him because somebody said he left the island early the next day. The followed up on the lead, just like they did with the farang friend with the cut. The followed up on many leads until they got the guys whose DNA matched --- but you don't believe this and therefore will not believe any evidence but are very happy to make up theories you believe in based on you not knowing things you have no business knowing.

The Brits are coming...............intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

Are you suggesting the police have the paperwork of his attendance in class on those dates. I have never read that. 13th was a Saturday. What class did he have. Exams on a weekend. Do universities do that... Classes and exams on weekends. That suggests to me that his alibi might have some holes in it.

Yes Universities have classes and exams on the weekend and night too. So what you are suggesting to yourself is baseless.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Amazing I actually asked the question to JDINASIA but that's all good. You are 100% both people.

How has he been cleared by the police. What part of his lawyers alibi checks out. Why did his lawyer need to come out with an alibi if he was already cleared. That right there is nonsensical. My client has been cleared but here is his alibi. Who does or says that. Links to where it says police have cleared this kid due to his alibi.

JDINASIA you can jump in here also whenever you want or do you fully concur with JTJ.

He was cleared and the police made a statement as such saying he was not on the island at the time of the murders. They released this information to the press and stated he was at university and that there was times stamped video of him in Bangkok. The is actually more than they needed to do because they certainly don't need to provide a police report to the public of private citizens they cleared and not accused of a crime. Besides nothing they can say you will believe any any witness or evidence will be called a liar or simply ignored.

I asked my wife about this but she told me that it was reported in the Thai press that they used his fathers DNA to clear him. There are a lot of questions unanswered, the police have learnt their lessons by now and are keeping quiet it seems. The police must have a lot more evidence then what they are saying and hopefully it will come out during the trial and all questions will be answered. And the real murderers will face justice.

The "father" may not be the father ehhhhh. whistling.gif

So where is our great reforming leader on all this? Too busy making up stories about how well received he is internationally and instructing pollsters one imagines? This is the grand chance to begin a radical reform of RTP - but no ....

Oh, you thought reform applied to police and government authorities? Silly boy.

• Like 2

Civil liberties?

Not the same or different smile.png

Why would they need to test everyone or anyone anymore????? Two sets of DNA they recovered at the crime scene and they have the two suspects whose DNA matches that.

The "father" may not be the father ehhhhh. whistling.gif

And the whole thing about testing the father may and likely is utter nonsense as there was no reason to test him for the son's DNA because the police confirmed he was not on the island during the murders. And why care since none of you believe the DNA evidence.

Mr. Thawatchai said that Thai police will be able to answer every doubt raised but no outside authorities can send their people to work on this case as Thai laws do not permit such a scenario.

So the British police are coming here in Thailand to have a chat and a cup of tea with the Thai police?

Am I reading this right?

Things are never quite what they seem here Costas, you know that by now.

All these statements mean nothing. Only when the British officers are here, and issue a report will we know what they've been allowed to do and not to do.

It will be all decided on the "hoof" as usual, as all rules and laws are flexible and officers here have complete discretion.

I doubt they would ever be allowed to carry out their own independent inquiry - but no country would ever allow foreign police to do that. But they may get more flexibility than simply being given reports to read and told how it is.

Never black and white here - always a sort of dirty grey; and depends on who wants to achieve what. Bugger all to do with justice now.

• Like 1

Civil liberties?

Why would they need to test everyone or anyone anymore????? Two sets of DNA they recovered at the crime scene and they have the two suspects whose DNA matches that.

Was responding to "test all residents" post

To put everyones mind at ease it would be nice if they would do the testing of the 2 Burmese with the British police present and compare then to the original print out of the samples that were sent to Singapore. Or allow the Brits to take their own samples.

Civil liberties?

Was responding to "test all residents" post

Is the "father" the biological father..??????????????

Get your head out your ____________. This is LOS, Is the "father" the biological father, do YOU know........? Get the kid to take a test......Job done.....BY THE UK police..

• Like 2

Civil liberties?

Yes, their DNA was already matched and confirmed to have been the same as the semen from the crime scene. So they are not being asked for DNA samples again by authorities but of course their lawyers are welcome to get new samples.

Civil liberties?

Yes, there DNA was already matched and confirmed to have been the same as the semen from the crime scene. So they are not being asked for DNA samples again by authorities but of course their lawyers are welcome to get new samples.

I am happy that you, the BiB, agree to that.........thumbsup.gif

My take for what it's worth

There are something you simply can't buy your way out of and this case reeks of that being the case.

You believe everyone can be bought......I wonder if Shinawatra Thaksin stil thinks that, exiled from his own country.

We've had some guy claiming his friend in Interpol saying it was stitch up they weren't killed on the beach but carried there

An agent of Interpol who has never spoken to the press or the police nor has he revealed his source

Another one claiming the DNA from a cigarette was discarded because it had the DNA of the real culprit

The same cigarette which is a major piece of evidence against one of the defendants

People pointing out a guy refused a DNA test but ignoring the fact he was in Bangkok at te time of the murders

And you think the Thai police make up stories

The amount of dribble people are posting to try and prove it's a conspiracy is right up there with the missiles not planes that blew up the world trade center.

IMO If these 2 guys are innocent then so was LBJ and if you believe that you'll believe anything

• Like 2

To put everyones mind at ease it would be nice if they would do the testing of the 2 Burmese with the British police present and compare then to the original print out of the samples that were sent to Singapore. Or allow the Brits to take their own samples.

What you are missing is that most disbelievers here will not believe it if it matches -- they will simply say the police here replaced it or gave bad samples or blah blah blah. Have you not seen that already? They simply ignore or say they don't believe whatever fact is out there if it means accepting the two guys in customdy ... who confessed to the police, their embassy, lawyers and a human rights group before reportedly now taking it back and whose DNA matches and who numerous witnesses and video put them in and around the scene at the time of the murders and who had an item belonging to a victim at their home ... are likely the ones guilty and should stand trial.

They would rather believe the some of a wealthy islander did this because airlines have not shared with them their manifests and the university has not come out publicly saying he was in Bangkok attending classes and that the video showing him Bangkok was faked and that the police are protecting him. Why do they suspect him ... no logical reason at all accept they think because his father (well not his actual father if his DNA cleared the son) is rich he could get away with it.

Yes, their DNA was already matched and confirmed to have been the same as the semen from the crime scene. So they are not being asked for DNA samples again by authorities but of course their lawyers are welcome to get new samples.

Yes, their DNA was already matched and confirmed to have been the same as the semen from the crime scene

I must have missed this very important point. I've only ever read that the BIB said they have a DNA match, not that it matches the semen from the crime scene (shouldn't it be the semen "recovered" from the victim's orifice?)

Could you kindly post a link to this, JTJ? I tried searching but in vain......

disgusting

If you like.

It is a non-story, really. Confessions are given and retracted daily, it's part of the kabuki. I'll leave it to you and other readers to wonder aloud and speculate WHY there are so many confessions given and retracted. But it's not really news. It's actually just a way reporters can keep the story alive yet another day and amaze (or amuse) those who don't know much about the Thai system (or know a lot).

What you are missing is that most disbelievers here will not believe it if it matches -- they will simply say the police here replaced it or gave bad samples or blah blah blah. Have you not seen that already? They simply ignore or say they don't believe whatever fact is out there if it means accepting the two guys in customdy ... who confessed to the police, their embassy, lawyers and a human rights group before reportedly now taking it back and whose DNA matches and who numerous witnesses and video put them in and around the scene at the time of the murders and who had an item belonging to a victim at their home ... are likely the ones guilty and should stand trial.

Quite right. There are almost no posters who have even the slightest glimmer of an open mind. It's not the first time I've seen this, and I've seen it in lots of countries. People see reports in the press, and they make up their minds and they will not, ever change their under-informed, mal-informed and very often misinformed opinion as later developments, facts and testimony occurs.

I have this strong feeling I don't agree with you about this case, based on what we know. I have a strong feeling you are actually one of those who won't be changing your mind, as evidence comes to light. But what you say above is Truth beyond doubt.

"Disbelievers" is your giveaway word, actually — your tell.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

Am I reading this right?

And what prey tell do you think would happen if these murders had occurred to Thais in UK.

You are suggesting that if Thai police lady in bobby land that the reply would be ..." Hello gov glad you Thai police are here to help us out" ???