New search renews hopes of finding MH370

webfact

New search renews hopes of finding MH370

23-10-2557-10-46-00-wpcf_728x407.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: -- Malaysia is optimistic that the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 plane will be found in the new phase of underwater search, according to New Straits Times.

Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said with the most sophisticated of search tools being used to search a freshly refined area, it was only a matter of time before the Boeing 777-200ER was found.

“If the area we are looking for has been determined, from the advice we have received, we are 99.9 per cent optimistic (that the plane will be found).

“Based on the technology available and that we are looking at the right place, we are that much optimistic. The technical committee will also continue to zoom into the areas of search. Malaysia remains committed to finding the plane and we will find it,” he said after officiating the participation of the Go Phoenix vessel and the Prosas Side Scan Sonar in the search operation for MH370.

The sonar will be mounted on Go Phoenix and can search up to a depth of 6,000m, covering up to 194 sq km, including blind spots, daily. The mission is funded by Petronas.

Experts said the search area was roughly half the size of Australia.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-search-renews-hopes-finding-mh370/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-23

While I can understand that the families concerned would like to know where their lost kin remains may be there is not going to be any remaining tissue .

Now why is there such a powerful drive to locate this aircraft?

While I can understand that the families concerned would like to know where their lost kin remains may be there is not going to be any remaining tissue .

I believe the reason is to try and find out why this plane went down.

What happened up there?

This is not a usual incident,

As about the families I understand that they would like whatever remains of their beloved ones to be buried and blessed.

• Like 2

Cue the tinfoil hat brigade....

Aircraft manufacturers and government aircraft safety departments will go to incredible lengths to find out why a plane crashed in the hope of avoiding it in the future.

Here the US NTSB with the aid of Boeing reconstructed a crashed plane to find that it had failed due to overheated fuel tank vapors and not a bomb or missile. It resulted in changes to the fuel system on 747's.

I don't know how long they would stay motivated to find the bodies, but they won't stop wanting to know why it crashed.

LINK

post-164212-0-99364100-1414038934_thumb.

Valid point regarding the air accident investigation system which I had neglected to include my apologies for that omission,

However I am not interested in the tin foil hat theory,but the truth, or that which may be passed on to us as the truth.That would would indeed be an interesting matter. II am a born again cynic.

cynic_dict.png

What the hell does "99.9 per cent optimistic" mean in relation to a search for a missing airliner that has been going on non-stop for six months without so much as a decent clue as to the route it was taking when it went down?

Nothing in this story leads one to the conclusion that this is not just another triumph of Malaysian optimism over reality. One can only feel for the relatives of all those missing that their hopes are being constantly raised and dashed.

I believe the reason is to try and find out why this plane went down.

What happened up there?

This is not a usual incident,

As about the families I understand that they would like whatever remains of their beloved ones to be buried and blessed.

If they really want to know WHY the plane went down, they should find answers to all these secretly kept and unanswered questions about the MH 370.

• Like 1

What is meant by the tinfoil hat?

If they really want to know WHY the plane went down, they should find answers to all these secretly kept and unanswered questions about the MH 370.

They already know why the plane went down. It ran out of fuel, and unfortunately gravity took over.

To perhaps find out how the plane ended up in it's predicament, we may never know but at lease the passenger's families will be more at peace if we find it

They already know why the plane went down. It ran out of fuel, and unfortunately gravity took over.

Until today there is no evidence that the fuel ran out. But it went down, and nobody knows where.

Until today there is no evidence that the fuel ran out. But it went down, and nobody knows where.

The infrequent "pings" to the satellite stopped at the right time for the plane to have run out of fuel, and at that point, they were too far from anywhere to actually land.

194 sq km a day. Area of Aus 7,692,024 sq km

Should complete the survey in 52 years. Petronas will be bankrupt before then I hope - (used to work for them)

Redo your sums mate...

From the news post "Experts said the search area was roughly half the size of Australia". Math is thus ok, give or take 2 years. Edited by Gulfsailor

194 sq km a day. Area of Aus 7,692,024 sq km

Should complete the survey in 52 years. Petronas will be bankrupt before then I hope - (used to work for them)

Redo your sums mate...

From the news post "Experts said the search area was roughly half the size of Australia". Math is thus ok, give or take 2 years.

Math is OK but the reporting is totally off. The search area is between 60.000 and 70,000 sq km, not half the size of Australia. Also, this ship is joining the Fugro ship which has already started the side scan sonar search. So try the math with 2 ships and the proper search area.

What is meant by the tinfoil hat?

Try "tin foil hat" on Google

Besides Boeing wanting to know what caused their aircraft to dissppear ? The whole world.

The evidence points to it being in the sea far from land.

Unless you have some other evidence, not including whackjob fairy tales of iPhone photos from Diego Garcia.

The evidence points to it being in the sea far from land.

Unless you have some other evidence, not including whackjob fairy tales of iPhone photos from Diego Garcia.

You can keep your remarks, until today there is no hard evidence whatsoever, but a lot a lot information is being withheld, which could be useful to investigate. There will be evidence, when the plane has been found.

You can keep your remarks, until today there is no hard evidence whatsoever, but a lot a lot information is being withheld, which could be useful to investigate.

What information is being withheld? And by whom?

And for what reason?

• Like 1

We already know that the plane was hijacked / deliberately went off course and that there was foul play.

So I do not think any findings in the wreck to improve airplane safety, except from "don't let lunatics fly the airplane" and making cockpit doors that can only be opened when the plane is one the ground or making no door at all, like on older soviet planes.

Who pays for these expensive searches?

What is the benefit of finding the wreck?