European diplomats voice concern over Thai media's presentation of news

webfact

They should maybe start by telling their own media how biased and manipulative are. Most media in Europe and states are in hands of same lobby.

Interesting. What is this 'lobby'?

This colonialist mentality should stop from western governments and many of their citizens who need to wake up and stop trying to show others what they should do.

Western governments and their gullible 'citizens', long ago lost any credibility. It's the standard MO of western moral myth-making. Easy to interpret. Whatever we accuse the other guy of doing, that is what WE are doing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Business is it of European Diplomats What the Thai Press report on Thai television in Thailand. The Thais don't complain about shitty European news.

Of course they do!

Thailand censors and blocks 100s of thousands of websites and European newspapers...

Thailand is part of a world community and they need to participate. Citing faults of other countries in no way mitigates Thailand's shortcomings on due process of law.

What many posters fail to realise is that they get to know about many of these faults in other countries because they are exposed by a free press and media and a raft of democratic checks and balances that exist to expose this kind of thing and bring offenders to account....this certainly doesn't exist in Thailand at present

Edited by wilcopops

What Business is it of European Diplomats What the Thai Press report on Thai television in Thailand. The Thais don't complain about shitty European news.

Of course they do!

Thailand censors and blocks 100s of thousands of websites and European newspapers...

Are you sure they do not block all, Your thinking --your rhetoric. Hundreds and thousands ??? normal OTT stuff. Are you not content to say many ??

The fact that a collective of western Embassies found it necessary to present such a letter, to the 2014 Thai News Media directorate(s), is indicative of the general state of immaturity prevailing in the "overall" Thai cultural mentality.

Personally, I'm already of the conclusion, that such a letter is nothing more than an effort in total futility. My reasoning, and considered opinion is thus: "It is totally impossible to pour reverse osmosis treated H2O, into a Made-in-China glass drinking cup, that is already filled to the brim with unchlorinated faucet water."

As the late John Lennon, so eloquently wrote, in the song "Let It Be"coffee1.gif

Sorry to nit-pick but,

Let it Be was a McCartney composition...

thumbsup.gif

No problem. thanks for the correction. I forgot, in my old age, that McCartney was the lead composer of the Beatles.wai.gif

Think you will find that it is actually accredited as a McCartney composition, as were most of the songs of the Rolling Stones ooops sorry a typo BEATLES.

Yes it was probably majorly a McCartney composition but all songs, as far as I am aware, were always a combination of at least two, three or all of the fab four. John Lennon would have had some input in Paul's songs and vice versa. So give the kid a chance. Looked it up on Wicki and yes it is solely attributed to McCartney and evrything I just typed is <deleted> but it took a long time to type, so I am not deleting my effort wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

(Be interesting to see what this post now develops into).

No

"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, Let It Be..."

J. Paul's mother. (Mary)

thumbsup.gif

Of course they do!

Are you sure they do not block all, Your thinking --your rhetoric. Hundreds and thousands ??? normal OTT stuff. Are you not content to say many ??

Yet again you seem completely unaware of what is going on around you the last estimate was 160,000 and rising. Papers such as the Daily Mail UK are blocked as are any sites that may or may not breach the lese majeste laws.

They should maybe start by telling their own media how biased and manipulative are. Most media in Europe and states are in hands of same lobby.

Interesting. What is this 'lobby'?

This colonialist mentality should stop from western governments and many of their citizens who need to wake up and stop trying to show others what they should do.

Western governments and their gullible 'citizens', long ago lost any credibility. It's the standard MO of western moral myth-making. Easy to interpret. Whatever we accuse the other guy of doing, that is what WE are doing.

clap2.gif

Thailand is confused. I've whinged about this already, but I'll do it again just for kicks. I took my son to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Paragon. It's a film for 12 year olds up. While we waited the 25 minutes for the film to start we watched 4 trailers for minimum "R" rated films. There was oral sex, anal sex, gay sex, sex with dead people and sex with ghosts. Everyone was mortified, and embarrassed to be there... Farang and Thais alike. (Then they played the national anthem as a ironic encore...) Should not be tolerated. The Thais should make changes to this type of thing... it's not up to the farang.