Pratumnak Gridkock

SidJames

I came down the hill at 4:30pm and it was solid, with one policeman outside the police box directing traffic. By 6pm it was no better, this time there was 3 policemen directing traffic. The traffic was backed up as far as Jomtiem beach. There doesn't seem to be a morning rush hour, but early evening is always worse, but never this bad.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The situation has become much worse over the past few years and will soon become much worse once all the new condo construction in the area is completed.

There is colossal development up there at moment & they have even started building on the cleared lands on the other side of Prat Hill yet.

I knew a time would come when this area would become locked down at certain times because of the traffic but never though it would come so quick to happen.

Let's see how they deal with things when herself decides to stay a night or so.

The only way in or out is by boat when it gridlocks like this

• Like 1

The situation has become much worse over the past few years and will soon become much worse once all the new condo construction in the area is completed.

There is colossal development up there at moment & they have even started building on the cleared lands on the other side of Prat Hill yet.

I knew a time would come when this area would become locked down at certain times because of the traffic but never though it would come so quick to happen.

Let's see how they deal with things when herself decides to stay a night or so.

The only way in or out is by boat when it gridlocks like this

I've seen them go through the weekend market on Tepprassit with the convoy at 7pm on a Saturday without blocking off the road. Quite scary situation when you're in a car at that location, I can tell you, because it goes fast.

As time goes by it's gridlock + gridlock + gridlock.

More construction More cars More motor-bikes.

Yet City-Hall-Planners seem oblivious to the needs of this City.

Gridlock is everywhere. And will only get worse.

And the "Promote Tourism in Pattaya" attache ? Again, nowhere on the map.

So tourism is considerably down. At what point will the ex-pat community start to dwindle ?

• Like 1

Uhm, yesterday was a holiday (Chulalongkorn Day). Maybe for a lot of people a reason to visit the Big Buddha on the hill...........

Never seen the traffic this bad. Exodus Bangkok? I hate to see this happening as it is making life very difficult here and ruining what many people used to like about it.

Rama V Birthday is huge national holiday and falling on a Thursday, you know that the earnest. hard-working locals wrung a long weekend out of it so where else would they go?

Eight months ago, most of the whiners posters here were lamenting the high-season gridlock. Then the Songkran gridlock and then the early summer Russian tour group gridlock that vaporised along with Russia's reserves as Putin hung them out to dry on sillinesses like supporting Assad in Syria and meddling in Ukraine... then the oil price collapsed so the Russians won't be back for at least a couple of years. So don't worry, you have only the Loy Krathong gridlock to look forward to until you get your next high-season gridlock fix.

Anyway, I like SidJames renaming it Prat Hill. Seems appropriate. Well... on holiday weekends it does.

Edited by NanLaew