Parents of Myanmar murder suspects arrive at Samui

Lite Beer

I really feel so sorry for those poor people.

If there is any justice in this world, those two boys wiil soon be able to travel home!

Good job of social media to keep this case alive. Keep posting until those two kids are safely back in Myanmar!!

If there is any justice in this world we will see soon enough.

I'm against the way Thai police conducted this investigation.

I'm against Thai police torturing the suspects.

I'm against the lack of legal representation these people had.

But I still don't know if they are the real murderers.

I hope the British police will shed some light on this.

But even on that I have my doubts.

Till I'm convinced that they are, or they are not the real murderers they haven't got my sympathy.

Good that the social media is keeping it alive so at some point we will have the real truth.

But please don't presume they are innocent just because the social media says so.

Fair enough!

But it would be very easy for the police to silence their loudest critics on social media.

Simply by DNA-testing the two people most people think are the real culprits, do it publicly, and let it be followed from swab to testresult by a neutral agency. Don't leave it out of sight for a second, we don't want "mistakes" to happen!

If those tests free the two guys, I am willing to reconsider, but not before!!

The RTP may more often than not lamentable. This case - inept, local police out of their depth, more concern on the tourist buck etc etc then whiffs of cover ups and corruption.

I don't know if these 2 are guilty or not. That remains to be proven and as such they should be presumed innocent. I do know appearances are deceptive and have been lied to by some equally looking innocent young Asians who were thieving recently.

However, for any police force anywhere in the world to bow to "social media critics" and change procedure on 1 case would be a disaster. Every criminal will then adopt this tactic, social media lobbyists will be out in force and we are back to trial by the media, this time social rather than the news barons.

Yes it would be an easy way out for the police. Let the British test, or an independent agency. But, that would mean tacit acceptance that the RTP cannot be trusted. Do you think any police force would allow that? All previous cases would then be subject to appeal.

There are too many people who, based on facebook and other sites, have decided they know more than the police, have appointed themselves the judge and not only reached a verdict on these 2 but are willing to state who the guilty are. And all without leaving their keyboards. Frightening.

100,000s of thousands of people smell a rat, or a pack of them. There are so many problems with the case against these guys it boggles the mind, enough that the UK has made the extraordinary step it has. The RTP have a very strong rep. for corruption and if you'd actually ever been to KT you'd know some things about the place that add to the problems with the case.

You say that the RTP shouldn't accept any interference, but not because of the merits of their case, merely as a matter of form. That and much of the rest of your post is what I myself find frightening.

StephenTerry:

I agree with the sentiments, completely. However, it is noticeable that up until 23rd Sept the RTP were on track to resolve this investigation - suspects

had been identified. But on the following day a complete turnaround occurred - the so-called suspects weren't anymore, and the ensuing alleged 'cover-up' by a new team of RTP has spread right through this case up until the present day. And the problem with any falsification, if it has occurred, is that it can never be perfect, logically. In other words, by its very nature, there can never be a perfect cover-up.

I still believe this case will be brought to trial, with the debatable 'assurances' from the prosecutors given to the suspects family, see following:

The parents of the two suspects later submitted a letter to Thiravut Phramhun, deputy public prosecutor attached to Ko Samui, asking for justice for their sons.

In return, Mr Thiravut reportedly told them that fairness and justice would be given to every party.

I re-read the news articles linked to from here, from around that time, and saw again how the ones right before and after the "turnaround" are full of completely contradictory information, as well as some suspiciously vaguely worded sentences glossing over the sudden changes. If I hadn't already had alarms bells about the investigation already that would have sent them off, as it did it really got my attention.

[Now I'm having trouble with the quotes.]

Edited by PaPiPuPePo