British police arrive in Thailand to observe Koh Tao murder probe

webfact

Do any of you TVF's know who these two Burmese kids were actually employed by (illegally as they apparently had no papers) in KT... Maybe a link there..!!!

Head over to "CSI LA" on facebook for the most complete rundown of developments since the start of the case. Lots of cloudy stuff on there but they're trying their best & you can pick out the important points fairly easily.

After that do some research with Google to find out what is reliable & what isn't & you should be able to piece things together.

Edited by ScubaPhuket

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you TVF's know who these two Burmese kids were actually employed by (illegally as they apparently had no papers) in KT... Maybe a link there..!!!

At the ac bar.
According to the policeman interviewed on Sorayuth's programme on Channel 3 a couple of weeks ago or more, one worked at ac2 bar and one worked on the fishing pier.According to the policeman this was why both were not tested in round 1 for DNA as both places were more than 1.5km from the murder scene,

At the ac bar.
According to the policeman interviewed on Sorayuth's programme on Channel 3 a couple of weeks ago or more, one worked at ac2 bar and one worked on the fishing pier.According to the policeman this was why both were not tested in round 1 for DNA as both places were more than 1.5km from the murder scene,

Seems legit but I wouldn't believe a word that came out of the RTP's mouth at the moment & I certainly wouldn't trust anything that's being stuffed down the throats of the Thai people through channel 3.

Off topic perhaps. It looks like it's open season on Thailand now. Channel 9 Australia, not really known for sensitivity, is airing a reality show called Foreign Embassy this weekend. The stories are based on the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. The promo story relates to a guy who was the victim of a hit and run, following which, he was robbed and left for dead.

• Like 1

Off topic perhaps. It looks like it's open season on Thailand now. Channel 9 Australia, not really known for sensitivity, is airing a reality show called Foreign Embassy this weekend. The stories are based on the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. The promo story relates to a guy who was the victim of a hit and run, following which, he was robbed and left for dead.

Thainess at it's best whistling.gif

according to CSI, Nomsod is about to leave Thailand

Have you missed the fact that csila isn't a credible source?
CSI LA is tossing a lot of interesting things out there for all to see. Some of the items may be useful, some not. Some items from CSI LA are not known by Thai officials until published on the site. However, Thai officials only see the types of things which implicate the Burmese boys. Anything which might implicate the Headman's people is disregarded.

As for Nomsod leaving Thailand and hiding. It should surprise no one. The punk refuses to submit for DNA, he lies about his being on the island on the night of the crime (and lies about everything else). Thai officials won't be able to apprehend Nomsod and his partners in crime, any more than they've been able to apprehend Thaksin.

wow,

if that is true and Nomsod is preparing to flee,

they just may catch him, and arrest him at the airport

that would be more humiliating for him and his family than if he just turned himself in, and put up a defense

he may have been a rapist, and a cruel abuser of blonde girls who are drugged and can't give consent, especially after it was refused,

but he may not be assumed to have been among the blood thirsty cowardly killers

that takes a special kind of deranged, and, he may not have wanted anything to do with the murders, which caused him to run back and forth to his uncle, probably in fear because, he knew they just destroyed the rest of his young life

the older guys may not have cared about their lives,

but Nomsod was a young kid,

I doubt he is a murderer

I hope you are not using a VPN.. Some people will get richer from your CCA violations should you ever come here smile.png

You are describing North Korea with comments like that.

I explored Thailand for 6 months, and, I loved the people,

but to be in a place where just walking down the street, you can have two cops jump off a minibike to demand money after you fail their fixed urine tests, and if you get pulled over in a car and the cop demands a bribe, then arrests you for offering a bribe,

would you recommend this place to anyone you know?

• Like 1

Keep to topic and the facts please folks. Emotive subject I know. but there's no need to have a go at each other.

wai.gif

Don't you think that JTJ's descriptions of the accused as "murdering rapists" not only contravene international & domestic laws declaring innocence before guilt is proven but also amount to defamation?

Every single post accusing anyone other than the 2 Burmese men violates domestic law and the CCA, yes?

Keep to topic and the facts please folks. Emotive subject I know. but there's no need to have a go at each other.

Don't you think that JTJ's descriptions of the accused as "murdering rapists" not only contravene international & domestic laws declaring innocence before guilt is proven but also amount to defamation?
I didn't think I'd be defending JTJ in this forum, but he has the right to call the Burmese suspects 'murdering rapists' if he chooses. I don't think he's an official in this case (then again, I could be wrong). In a way, it's good to have people like JTJ and jdinasia voicing their opinions of this topic, because it gives a perspective on what Thai officialdom is thinking, .....and therefore moves the discussions onward. It would be a bit monochrome if all the opinions came down just on one side of the argument, wouldn't it?

Just as I'll eat crow if it's proven scientifically that the Burmese suspects were the actual rapists and murderers, I would hope JTJ eats crow if/when the investigation focuses on those who should have been prime suspects all along: the headman's people.

BTW, I haven't seen posts by JTJ lately, and I didn't block him, as others claim to have done.

wow,

if that is true and Nomsod is preparing to flee,

they just may catch him, and arrest him at the airport

that would be more humiliating for him and his family than if he just turned himself in, and put up a defense

he may have been a rapist, and a cruel abuser of blonde girls who are drugged and can't give consent, especially after it was refused,

but he may not be assumed to have been among the blood thirsty cowardly killers

that takes a special kind of deranged, and, he may not have wanted anything to do with the murders, which caused him to run back and forth to his uncle, probably in fear because, he knew they just destroyed the rest of his young life

the older guys may not have cared about their lives,

but Nomsod was a young kid,

I doubt he is a murderer

I hope you are not using a VPN.. Some people will get richer from your CCA violations should you ever come here smile.png

You are describing North Korea with comments like that.

I explored Thailand for 6 months, and, I loved the people,

but to be in a place where just walking down the street, you can have two cops jump off a minibike to demand money after you fail their fixed urine tests, and if you get pulled over in a car and the cop demands a bribe, then arrests you for offering a bribe,

would you recommend this place to anyone you know?

I see you haven't been to North Korea either.

wow, if that is true and Nomsod is preparing to flee, they just may catch him, and arrest him at the airport that would be more humiliating for him and his family than if he just turned himself in, and put up a defense he may have been a rapist, and a cruel abuser of blonde girls who are drugged and can't give consent, especially after it was refused, but he may not be assumed to have been among the blood thirsty cowardly killers that takes a special kind of deranged, and, he may not have wanted anything to do with the murders, which caused him to run back and forth to his uncle, probably in fear because, he knew they just destroyed the rest of his young life the older guys may not have cared about their lives, but Nomsod was a young kid, I doubt he is a murderer

Wow that's a long sentence, Steve. You doubt Nomsod could be a murderer because he 'was a young kid' ?!? .....that's one of the weirdest stretches of non-logic of these thousands of posts herein. He's around 20 years old. There a many punks younger than that who have raped and murdered.

Regardless, the next headline about Nomsod will be him disappearing outside of Thailand. Thai officialdom will have screwed up for the umpteenth time, by not arresting Nomsod and his buddies earlier.

• Like 2

I just spoke this morning with a friend of mine in USA. He is a tropical horticulturist who has visited Thailand for 20+ years working with university persons and Thai government officials. He was way up on the past news of floods and coups as he has visited Thailand during such troubled times. He watches every day the US version of BBC and NHK Nightly news on free US public television.

I asked him what he knew about the recent murders on Koh Tao. He said: Nothing ... the murders have not been mentioned on those 2 broadcasts.

according to CSI, Nomsod is about to leave Thailand

So the colonel in charge of the investigation has suddenly gone on sick leave (sure he has )

and nomsod is leaving the country.

How can that be allowed or is it no longer an ongoing investigation?

This is sickening. I guess all the others actually involved in this crime have at least left the island if not Thailand. I am happy that the real coppers are finally here. I doubt whether they will say ok good you have scapegoats-good job then is it ? Nuff said if you really think that the Brits will take this on the chin and allow two innocents to die. Not a chance.

^^It's an English language only forum. Sadly, there was a good piece in The Manager we couldn't link because of this, the link on CSI LA.

I tried giving a speech in Thai once and the audience thought they'd attended a Star Trek convention.

Good to know ...."the manager"... Hint received :) cheers mjp.

wow, if that is true and Nomsod is preparing to flee, they just may catch him, and arrest him at the airport that would be more humiliating for him and his family than if he just turned himself in, and put up a defense he may have been a rapist, and a cruel abuser of blonde girls who are drugged and can't give consent, especially after it was refused, but he may not be assumed to have been among the blood thirsty cowardly killers that takes a special kind of deranged, and, he may not have wanted anything to do with the murders, which caused him to run back and forth to his uncle, probably in fear because, he knew they just destroyed the rest of his young life the older guys may not have cared about their lives, but Nomsod was a young kid, I doubt he is a murderer

Wow that's a long sentence, Steve. You doubt Nomsod could be a murderer because he 'was a young kid' ?!? .....that's one of the weirdest stretches of non-logic of these thousands of posts herein. He's around 20 years old. There a many punks younger than that who have raped and murdered.

Regardless, the next headline about Nomsod will be him disappearing outside of Thailand. Thai officialdom will have screwed up for the umpteenth time, by not arresting Nomsod and his buddies earlier.

I stand by that, I don't think he has killer written on him, no

there was a report of two men in a cave though, so high they were incoherent, which sounds a lot like two guys hiding after a drug fueled killing frenzy, but the kid?

if he was the guy running back and forth on the CCTV, no, I don't think that guy was a murderer., not by his own choice anyway

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif @ Number 3

Re 352: Remember it was Bangkok bib that removed the colonel in charge of the investigation when the truth started to appear.

On the 24th Sept, the already identified suspects reported on the 23rd, were suddenly not suspects anymore. Would these dates correspond closely to the BKK bib taking over?

• Like 1

I stand by that, I don't think he has killer written on him, no

there was a report of two men in a cave though, so high they were incoherent, which sounds a lot like two guys hiding after a drug fueled killing frenzy, but the kid?

if he was the guy running back and forth on the CCTV, no, I don't think that guy was a murderer., not by his own choice anyway

Check the three fingered by trashman. Gympy isn't a killer -complicit but not cocky enough to think he can do anything he wants on his own island . He is a rapist and a drugger and was witness to all the unfolded.

Oh and he is clearly a gutless piece of s#*^% . Knowing what he knows and leaving innocents in this predicament. Shameful. Pls give to youcaring to help these lads get justice against a vile system and vile people that run it.

From this topic Post #125: A Metropolitan DCI from the homicide and major crime unit, a forensic operations coordinator from the Met, and an experienced homicide detective from Norfolk police.

Why a detective from Norfolk? Because the late Ms. Witheridge was from Hemsby Forfolk and the Witheridge family most likely notified their local authority requesting further investigation in the death as prescribed in 2012 MOU Murder ... of British Nationals Abroad per 5.2:

Relatives (may) request UK police to assist in establishing the circumstances of the death of a British national. This often arises where the family are dissatisfied with the investigation overseas, and seek advice in respect of best practice in murder investigation.

So even with petitions and social media, the involvement of the Norfolk Police and the British FCO is based on and was instigated by documented procedure such as they would in any of the 200 some countries with which UK has diplomatic relations.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 2

thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif @ Number 3

Re 352: Remember it was Bangkok bib that removed the colonel in charge of the investigation when the truth started to appear.

On the 24th Sept, the already identified suspects reported on the 23rd, were suddenly not suspects anymore. Would these dates correspond closely to the BKK bib taking over?

It would sure look that way but I don't know this for sure.

My mate who s with the Bangkok force I know was down in Koh Tao within days of the murders. He reported that there was infighting head butting and that it was an extremely tense situation in these early days. No such reports anymore so if that because they managed to clear out any real investigators ? Beats me.

If panya was removed this would of course be made public but I wonder how many of his underlings were also moved that we would not hear anything about?

Nomsod will be leaving his only protection. If it comes out that he is involved and arrested in another country and gets put in jail he will experience what rape is all about. A little boy like that won't last an hour without being passed around....

Better to stay put and face the music in Thailand.

Nomsod will be leaving his only protection. If it comes out that he is involved and arrested in another country and gets put in jail he will experience what rape is all about. A little boy like that won't last an hour without being passed around....

Better to stay put and face the music in Thailand.

He wouldn't be heading to Australia if he didn't have very strong family connections there. Let me just say that.

He isn't hiding out he s being assisted in starting a new life for himself.

That's not a screw up. That my friend is the plan.

^^It's an English language only forum. Sadly, there was a good piece in The Manager we couldn't link because of this, the link on CSI LA.

I tried giving a speech in Thai once and the audience thought they'd attended a Star Trek convention.

Good to know ...."the manager"... Hint received smile.png cheers mjp.

The Guardian has the translation, link posted earlier.