Charity

armchair545

Check out Pattaya sub-forum for a start, recent ongoing topic by Mobi, top of the list last time I looked.

In my opinion thats the best and easiest place to start, you don't even have to be in Pattaya.

Good Luck

Moss

I am interested in doing some charity work.

Where can I find a listing of organizations or would any of you like to recommend a place I could visit?

I am interested in visiting orphanages, aids hospices, blind foundations, etc.

What type of help can you provide?

How long can you stay?

In Chiangmai there is an orphanage with AIDS babies that are a real handful to take care of.

If you have diaper changing skills I am sure you would be appreciated.

They accept cash donations as well as physical items like towels. They have a notice board where they post current needs, like "boys pants" etc.. but a truck load of pampers is always welcomed.

I brought a bunch of cookies once and they took them away and said they would serve them at some special meal. I think they asked me not to bring candy.

The kids are delightful,, during the week they are in school and studying most of the time but on weekends they are out in the big playground and they appreciate help watching them.

PM me for directions if you are interested.

Where can I find a listing of organizations or would any of you like to recommend a place I could visit?

How long can you stay?

In Chiangmai there is an orphanage with AIDS babies that are a real handful to take care of.

They accept cash donations as well as physical items like towels. They have a notice board where they post current needs, like "boys pants" etc.. but a truck load of pampers is always welcomed.

I brought a bunch of cookies once and they took them away and said they would serve them at some special meal. I think they asked me not to bring candy.

The kids are delightful,, during the week they are in school and studying most of the time but on weekends they are out in the big playground and they appreciate help watching them.

I am currently living here and I would like to help by doing all sorts of volunteer work. Whatever they need help with.

Yes, I'm interested in visiting the orphanage in Chiangmai. What is the name of the place and the address? Thanks.

How long can you stay?

I am currently living here and I would like to help by doing all sorts of volunteer work. Whatever they need help with.

Yes, I'm interested in visiting the orphanage in Chiangmai. What is the name of the place and the address? Thanks.

http://www.chiangmai-chiangrai.com/viengpi...drens_home.html

This is one.

Actually last time I was there I was talking to a falang girl volunteer.

I asked her if she was having fun and she said she had been there for 3 months and

was leaving soon to go back to England I think.

She said she was absolutely drained emotionally.

She wasn't smiling, she really was very affected by something she had seen.

I can only imagine that it is one of those places that can be the happiest place on earth but

also the sadest place as well.

Take care and God Bless you if you go.

"Muu Baan Dek" is a terrific non-profit organization for children.

Foundation for Children 95/24 Moo 6 Buddha Monthon 4 Sampran, Nakhon Pathom 73220 Siam (Thailand) Tel. +662-8141481-7 Fax 8140369 email: [email protected]

I have to agree with Ozone here. This is a great organization that needs lots of help. You can go and just spend time holding the babies. They need the human touch really badly. There are plenty of older kids too, if you want to go run around with them, or read them books, etc.

They need donatations of basic supplies: rice, milk, clothes, etc.. Also, money is always needed too. My wife and I stop in and drop them huge bags of rice periodically. Here is the website for the organization.

http://www.ffc.or.th/htmleng/engpage1/page.htm