Micro brewery

I have never seen it 'open', but during day time seen a man or two inside near the vats. Never had the chance to stop to talk, can only assume they are still brewing. Sign in the past said they were hiring and on the side window painted with Opening Soon. I am hoping that they open soon and have some good brews.

• Like 2

Had major problems with obtaining the relevant licences to cover the production of , rather than sale of alcoholic bev's , so never actually opened

I thought that something like that might be the issue. The 'big boys' tend not to like any sort of competition. Mind you, the Londoner in Bangkok did well for many years.

So sad - I was looking forward to trying a proper beer.

If they manage to sort it out one day - please let us know.

Pretty sure it's here: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=9.536786,100.05198&hl=en&sll=-37.860283,145.079616&sspn=1.61985,2.90863&t=h&z=17

Wife & I ate at the restaurant to the left of it several times (don't know what it's called but they cook the fish out the front); to the right of it is a driveway, with a coffee shop on the other side.

Edit: It could even be a few shops along - now that I think about it there was a car wash directly across the road.

Edited by jamesbrock

Pretty sure it's here: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=9.536786,100.05198&hl=en&sll=-37.860283,145.079616&sspn=1.61985,2.90863&t=h&z=17

Wife & I ate at the restaurant to the left of it several times (don't know what it's called but they cook the fish out the front); to the right of it is a driveway, with a coffee shop on the other side.

Edit: It could even be a few shops along - now that I think about it there was a car wash directly across the road.

You are close but about 200 metes to the left of the pub. Look at the pointer on the map and go due right 200 meters. Small white building in front of a long thin patch of green,

• Like 1

You are close but about 200 metes to the left of the pub. Look at the pointer on the map and go due right 200 meters. Small white building in front of a long thin patch of green,

Can't see a white building, but that smudgy whiteness in front of the green is closer, but also not it. thumbsup.gif

Hard to believe how old these Google Maps images are, it's actually not even built when these images were taken! Its location is actually on the patch of earth just to the right of where you thought it was, there's a tree where it's been since built (On the corner to Zen Residence & Techno Temple).

Here: https://goo.gl/maps/APBYm

At least they got rid of that cloud over Fishermans Village, but I wish Google would hurry up and get some better, newer images!

Edited by jamesbrock
  • Like 2

I hate being negative... but ... Despite the two posters above pledging to go along I think the whole idea is moronic unless you enjoy burning cash... and I imagine quite a bit of cash burning has gone on already to construct the building and facilities and get the license… and then find that once opened and given the location and tourism demographic … you might just get a couple of punters per day to pontificate about how wonderfully nutty the beer is

…. If you are lucky

In my experience, it’s not as though real ale drinkers have a lot of charisma to pull in the crowds

I hate being negative... but ... Despite the two posters above pledging to go along I think the whole idea is moronic unless you enjoy burning cash... and I imagine quite a bit of cash burning has gone on already to construct the building and facilities and get the license… and then find that once opened and given the location and tourism demographic … you might just get a couple of punters per day to pontificate about how wonderfully nutty the beer is

…. If you are lucky

In my experience, it’s not as though real ale drinkers have a lot of charisma to pull in the crowds

Whoa - a tad inflammatory. I am sure that some real ale drinkers have charisma. coffee1.gif

You may be correct - real ale is a very English thing and as you say, demographics play a big part. Most tourists on the island seem to be Asian or Russian these days.

However, having lived in SE Asia for more than 20 years - popping out for an 'English' beer now and again does have an attraction. Of course, I will not be there every night knocking back a dozen pints or more (my prostrate will not allow that) but I will certainly be a regular (if infrequent) visitor to the Bees Knees.

• Like 2

…. If you are lucky

Your opinion is well out of date Higgins.

One word.....Brewdog.

Well, I dropped by early last night and I have to say his beers are quite good and affordable. The brewmaster's name is Jim and is originally from London, and has been a brewer for some time. He currently has 4 beers that are brewed on the premises for sale. Stick to the basics to get established then do some different things. He is a good guy and the Bees Knees is worth a visit, or two or three.....

Give him a visit and taste his fine beers...

Prost

post-195557-0-77919000-1415408778_thumb.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...