PM Prayut: Thailand Reform Institute has nothing to do with government

webfact

PM: Thailand Reform Institute has nothing to do with government

BANGKOK, 27 October 2014 (NNT)- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has insisted that the so-called Thailand Reform Institute is an independent body which has nothing to do with the government. He also urges everyone to voice their opinions through a platform to be set up to restore unity.

According to the Prime Minister, the only national reform body tied to the government is the National Reform Council (NRC). A similar one, called Thailand Reform Institute, set up to work in parallel to the NRC, is led by Mr. Sangsit Pirirangsan.

General Prayut added that a meeting would be held to discuss whether to establish a public panel to allow people to share their opinions, given there might be conflicts among them. At present, they are encouraged to do so at Dam Rong Tham Center, the Government House and the Internal Security Operations Command.

As there are still conflicts at present, for which differences have yet to be thrashed out, the PM has asked all parties concerned to cooperate in finding a way out for the sake of the country. As for the national reform, if it takes longer than a year to achieve and can not be completed under his administration, it will be carried on by the next government, said the General and Prime Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-27 footer_n.gif

I would be very careful to try and talk to a military government or a private panel in a country with a military government , I am afraid the good General started out with lots of glamour but the shine has washed off in recent weeks, I think reforms are going to happen , but it will be doubtful if it will trickle down to the peasants coffee1.gif

• Like 2

So, I guess the General is saying that it's not government funded. If not, I wonder who funds it and what their motivation is.

Agree that voicing complaints that might trickle up to the General isn't a good idea, especially when he's told us that complaints and criticisms are not allowed,

• Like 2

I would be very careful to try and talk to a military government or a private panel in a country with a military government , I am afraid the good General started out with lots of glamour but the shine has washed off in recent weeks, I think reforms are going to happen , but it will be doubtful if it will trickle down to the peasants coffee1.gif

Exactly. From the outset the general warned about criticism, academics were warned off having a public forum and so on yet he keeps asking for comments and input from the public.

BUT If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything and that's public consultation ?

Reforms will happen as dictated from in high and voted in by the chosen people.

Hope they will also reform that all foreigners can buy up to maximum one rai of land here in their own name !!!!!.

Everybody knows now that the Thai land lease scam is simular to what jet ski operators are doing here.Only smarter put together :)

It will certainly push the country forward as no farang in his right mind would still buy land and house in his thai gf her name now would they ?

Seems to me everything is a problem in thailand except register the land and the house in the name of your thai gf ..That is not a problem..

Everything appears to be centralised in Bangkok? All committees set up by this regime come from Bangkok? And nothing is being reported that is against the policies of the new regime?

Authoritarianism is alive and well, but will not solve the problems. There is the need to decentralise, concentrating on social spending.

Hope they will also reform that all foreigners can buy up to maximum one rai of land here in their own name !!!!!.

Everybody knows now that the Thai land lease scam is simular to what jet ski operators are doing here.Only smarter put together smile.png

It will certainly push the country forward as no farang in his right mind would still buy land and house in his thai gf her name now would they ?

Seems to me everything is a problem in thailand except register the land and the house in the name of your thai gf ..That is not a problem..

No need let the lassie own one rai of land in Nakon Nowhere and the farang owns a condo on Sukhumvit.

Everybody knows now that the Thai land lease scam is simular to what jet ski operators are doing here.Only smarter put together smile.png

No need let the lassie own one rai of land in Nakon Nowhere and the farang owns a condo on Sukhumvit.

Color me thick, but I don't get why anybody would buy land in a place where they didn't intend to live the rest of their life. If you haven't already found a life partner, why would you want to tie yourself down with a piece of land and a house, which you probably could not sell on short notice. Even buying a condo seems counterproductive, since you can rent cheaply and then you don't have to rely on your neighbors paying their maintenance fees (which I hear many don't).