Out done by Thai logic or am I just plain stupid?

pinkpanther99

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check with your water supplier, your model may in fact pierce the soft plastic cover when you put the new drums in.

at my office, staff carry and pour in some water into the hole and slowly tilt until it sits on the water machine.

we very hardly spill at all.. unless just plain clumsy..

hey better wet than no water! :)

A good way to see how the "physics" of this operation come into play, is to use a similar technique on something smaller.

It always amazes my buddies (the few I do have) when I take an empty beer glass and set it on the bar. Next step is to grab a newly opened, large Leo (name your brand) and pour it slowly into the glass. When the glass is a quarter full, continue tilting the bottle until it is fully upside down, and the opening is submerged in the beer (already poured in the glass).

Your beer will not spill a bit. The flow will stop. You then gently lift the beer just a tad above the surface, slowly filling the glass. You can stop the flow any time by submerging the opening. When you get the glass 3/4 way full, lift the beer quickly and turn it back upright. You will get a nice, 1 inch proper froth on the top and you quickly set the bottle down....and smile. Everyone will be aghast, of course.

Sometimes I just leave it upside down in the glass and dare somebody to do the same. It is a technique.

By the way, use a strong glass. I shattered one that was much too narrow, as I could not get the neck down to the proper level... hehehe.

I do this when I am toasted, and people think it cannot be managed.

• Like 1

Here in Abu Dhabi I have 1 or 2 bottles delivered weekly to my home about 70 baht each. I just leave the top on and when I flip it into the top; the spout pierces it no problem.

But your cap design does look different.

Edited by utkb

Lots of useful tips and techniques here.

As some pointed out, it is no rocket science.

What I fail to understand is the title of the OP. What has the water dispenser got to do with 'Thai logic'?

Because it's in Thailand and only in Thailand have I had this same problem. In fact, the only time I didn't see it spill was when Somchai came and delivered the machine on day one.

Liek I said, never in all my years of working in offices in the UK, have seen a problem like this.

Yes it's all in the technique. It helps if you have strong arms. One of the guy's in my office broke his wrist whilst changing the tank.

Sounds like he ought to have been drinking milk, not water...

Yes, he's frail and limp wristed.

check with your water supplier, your model may in fact pierce the soft plastic cover when you put the new drums in.

at my office, staff carry and pour in some water into the hole and slowly tilt until it sits on the water machine.

we very hardly spill at all.. unless just plain clumsy..

hey better wet than no water! smile.png

I think this is the best solution, you get your staff to do it for you! Good advice, and perhaps the only solution to this conundrum.