Re-Entry visa for Permanent Residence holder

The re-entry visa for Permanent Residents is discussed in the topic Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process, but I see no mention of where it should be applied for, whether this is limited to your local immigration office. As it is analogous to the re-entry permit for foreigners on a temporary permit to stay, I assume that it has to be at your local immigration office.

The re-entry visa for Permanent Residents is discussed in the topic Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process, but I see no mention of where it should be applied for, whether this is limited to your local immigration office. As it is analogous to the re-entry permit for foreigners on a temporary permit to stay, I assume that it has to be at your local immigration office.

From experience of people I know personally that are on PR they had to go to Bangkok as most immigration offices have not a clue. Ask but be prepared for a trip.

Edited by khwaibah

That must be added to the list of "benefits of permanent residency" - have a trip to CW if you want to go buy onions in Laos..

I don't want to think what happens if one leaves without...

Permit is also 8000 baht.

Single re-entry? Let me guess, annual ?

That must be added to the list of "benefits of permanent residency" - have a trip to CW if you want to go buy onions in Laos..

Single is THB 1,900. Multi within one year is THB 3,800 (according to the Immigration website).

Single is THB 1,900. Multi within one year is THB 3,800 (according to the Immigration website).

Correct for regular re-entry permit applied to extension of stay or visa. But this topic is about Permanent Resident re-entry permit.

Correct for regular re-entry permit applied to extension of stay or visa. But this topic is about Permanent Resident re-entry permit.

I really am looking for a comment from anyone who actually has the experience to correctly answer the following:

My question- is it necessary to apply for the re- entry permit in the province of residence or can it be done elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

There was a hint you may have missed in the subject heading: Permanent Residence holder

To leave Thailand and return without losing permanent resident status, a PR holder requires 1) an endorsement in their Certificate of Residence (valid for 12 months, costs THB 1,900) and 2) a Non-Quota Immigrant Visa in their passport (valid for 12 months, costs THB 1,900 for single-entry, THB 3,800 for multiple entry).

Cost of maintaining PR is THB 5,700 per year. ( no cost if you do not go abroad ).

I have always done it at CW as that used to be my local office.

However its easier for me to keep going to CW even if I now registered on an upcountry tabien ban.

However a friend who also has PR was told at CW he could also do it at his local office in Nakorn Pathom he will try that next time.

Best thing is to ask in this thread if you want a quick answer:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/74654-Camerata's-Guide-To-The-Permanent-Residence-Process

Edited by brianinbangkok

You can do it at your local office....I used to do it in Pattaya many years ago...However, I haven't left Thailand in 12 years but the Pattaya immigration office in Oct 2005 says nothing has changed. So, give your local Immigration office a call.... Have a nice trip!

Edited by johnh869

I really am looking for a comment from anyone who actually has the experience to correctly answer the following:

My question- is it necessary to apply for the re- entry permit in the province of residence or can it be done elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

I am registered in (and do actually live in) Nonthaburi province. However I have only ever got the endorsement/re-entry from Chaeng Wattana (BKK) office because that's closer for me.

The officers at CW have never mentioned anything about that.

I did once ask at the airport re-entry desk (while waiting for a colleague) and the officer said no. Because of that I always do the renewal 3-4 weeks early in case of an emergency. Seems a little unfair that re-entry costs more and is less convenient for a PR. On the positive side, the PR officers are very friendly and will go out of their way to finish the process quite quickly. It's also OK to drop the application and passport then have a messenger collect it later.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I got a one year multi entry permit about 6 months ago at Chiang Mai (where I live and where my PR and police records are held), 3,900Baht.

To leave Thailand and return without losing permanent resident status, a PR holder requires 1) an endorsement in their Certificate of Residence (valid for 12 months, costs THB 1,900) and 2) a Non-Quota Immigrant Visa in their passport (valid for 12 months, costs THB 1,900 for single-entry, THB 3,800 for multiple entry).

Cost of maintaining PR is THB 5,700 per year. ( no cost if you do not go abroad ).

I have always done it at CW as that used to be my local office.

However its easier for me to keep going to CW even if I now registered on an upcountry tabien ban.

However a friend who also has PR was told at CW he could also do it at his local office in Nakorn Pathom he will try that next time.

Best thing is to ask in this thread if you want a quick answer:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/74654-Camerata's-Guide-To-The-Permanent-Residence-Process

Brian is totally correct about the costs.

My first one was done in pattaya years ago -no problem.

My 2nd in Dan kwian (Khorat). The girl there suggested I went back to pattaya, but I refused. Over the next 2 hours with her calling Bangkok, we worked through it, and she learnt the process.

The 3rd was at dan kwian - same girl no problem

the 4th was at kap Choeng - very efficiently done.

All have been issued at the correct immigration offices for my residence.

• Like 1

I got a one year multi entry permit about 6 months ago at Chiang Mai (where I live and where my PR and police records are held), 3,900Baht.

Has it been recently bumped a hundred for a multi?