1st time in phuket

downtown

We stayed in Bang Tao several years ago. Many hotels are right on the beach. Some really nice properties there. We stayed at the Dusit. But south of that are a whole bunch of resorts. I think the beach is better up north, but not bad almost anywhere on Bang Tao.

Eating is more expensive there and not as many options.

A year later we stayed in Kamala, about a 5 minute walk to the beach. We liked it a lot, but not sure how much it has changed recently.

contradicting myself here but now am looking at karon/kata despite previously saying i wanted quiet. was all set to book pacific club resort but realised its apparently 20 min walk to the beach. is it possible to get somewhere nearer the beach for 2000-5000 a night?

Did you use the site I gave you in post #14 and apply the filters?

Seems to be a number specials in your price range and closer to the beach despite high season having started..

Example: Pacific Club Delux Room - 3075 baht

One Bedroom Suite - 4175 baht.

How did this compare to the price you got?

We stayed in Bang Tao several years ago. Many hotels are right on the beach. Some really nice properties there. We stayed at the Dusit. But south of that are a whole bunch of resorts. I think the beach is better up north, but not bad almost anywhere on Bang Tao.

Eating is more expensive there and not as many options.

A year later we stayed in Kamala, about a 5 minute walk to the beach. We liked it a lot, but not sure how much it has changed recently.

under 4,000 is easy

there are two hotels beach front in kamala and a few right across the street, so 2-5 min walk,

Plus lots of newly built GH/small hotels on the beach

its not as heavily touristy as other beaches but enough nightlife/rests to keep ya happy an ur only a 15 drive over to Patong

its the nicest its been since Pre Tsunami :-)

• 1 month later...

well folks we stayed in phuket for 4 nights but t'was not to be for myself. at my previous accommodation in ubon, managed to contract a very severe case of gastroenteritis and perhaps foolishly continued with our travel plans; whole day travelling - ubon-suvarnabhumi-don muang-phuket. by the time we got to grand pacific in karon at 1800 had to call out a very nice doctor from the travel clinic, who diagnosed even before she arrived and had everything ready. took me days to recover,in fact our last day i felt 100%. which is a shame, as our accommodation was fantastic and i loved the beach at karon and even managed to get some body boarding in on our last day. ive been to most beach places in thailand except samui but phuket seems lovely and cant wait to get back there. just one thing i didnt like....RUSSIANS...

• Like 1