Jomtien Immigration today, fantastic service best in years

bob4you

Less people in jomtien because of the down turn. They have less work ro do now. Wait until middle if high season.

I've not been able to count the people in Jomtien requiring immigration services, nor the work load that immigration experiences, nor am I able to predict what the high season will being in regards to immigration numbers. In consideration of that, I cannot speak with similar certainty.

My experiences at the Jomtien Immigration has always been pleasant. I appreciate that and try not to predict otherwise. I am not running that office and accept the fact that things do not often go my way in life.

Live and Let Live.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

Went to Jomtien Immigration today to obtain a residency certificate. Very, very busy today. Thirty people were ahead of me in the queue for desk no. 7. Took over 1 hour to reach the desk to turn in my paperwork. Only one lady working at the desk. Had to come back after lunch to pick up my certificate. Maybe because it was Monday, but I have never seen so many customers in the building.

Went to Jomtien Immigration today to obtain a residency certificate. Very, very busy today. Thirty people were ahead of me in the queue for desk no. 7. Took over 1 hour to reach the desk to turn in my paperwork. Only one lady working at the desk. Had to come back after lunch to pick up my certificate. Maybe because it was Monday, but I have never seen so many customers in the building.

It gets busier in high season.

Part of the reason for better service at immigration/ government offices is due to the military visiting these places to see that the government employees are doing their job and not just looking at their cell phones or not carrying about customer service. Interesting how under Thai democracy many government run agencies/offices do not work efficiently.

Went to Jomtien Immigration today to obtain a residency certificate.

How much did they charge you for this free service ?

Military look closely for this same kind of problem in Phuket (where Immigration used to ask 500 baht)

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-Governor-demands-explanation-immigration-extortion-complaint/37174