Issue With PayPal

chiangrai

I just received a wall clock by registered post.

It was wrapped in bubble wrap and soft cardboard.

The glass face was smashed and the glass at the back was broken

and there were cogs falling out.

I emailed the guy and he said it was 'very well wrapped with bubble.'

And he wants me to post it back.

I live 40 winding mountain kms from a post office.

I do not want to go down and spend money on postage to Israel.

I have already spent extra for registered post.

Am I obliged to sent it back before I get my money back.

It's not worth half a days driving for 850baht for me.

I'm annoyed at what has happened there was no way

the parcel could not get broken in shipping it was so poorly wrapped.

I will tel the guy I'm not shipping it back and see what he says.

There is a clause where the parcel is unfit to return i.e leaking battery or damaged beyond

repair when the buyer doesn't have to ship back.I'm hoping broken glass will qualify for this.

What ever,win or loose,I'm not shipping it back.

Normaly when damage happen on post way is a issue for post office not for paypal,there are ways for seller that also buyers protection is useless one of them is not accepting the parcel most international parcel of national post office did not show where the parcel is until in areived!

If the seller not accept the parcel it come back to you not areived in meantime paypal ,think, parcel never areived because not confirmed delivered ! Means you buyers protection can be useless under some circumstances!

Shitty attitude, its not the sellers fault. I Agree you may find it inconvenient but that's a risk you take buyng by mail order.

I think you are being totally unreasonable.Take photo's of the item in its damaged state and email them to him and ask him what he wants to do, either replace it or refund it. If you dont have photos as far as any seller is concerned you may be trying to scam him.

Show the proof and work with the seller to achieve an amicable result.

• Like 2

If you open a case with Paypal, they will advise you to work it out with the seller. If you can't come to terms, Paypal will decide what the resolution should be. In all likelihood, they will have you return the item for a refund. I would send photos to the seller, and see what he says. If the packaging shows visible damage, you may have a claim with the post office. I would also open a case with Paypal, as you only have a certain amount of time before they refuse to get involved. Photos of the item and the packaging are crucial. If the packaging shows no mishandling, and it appears the guy sent you a broken clock, or packed it poorly, you may very well get a refund from Paypal without returning the item. It has happened to me.

There is nothing "unreasonable" about wanting to get what you paid for. You just need to determine who is at fault.

The only thing you can easily do is to give the seller a bad rating and list in the verbiage the reason for the bad rating but to be perfectly honest with you, the seller has offered to send you another item so you really have no recourse

What more can you really expect. It surely isn't his fault that you live so far from a post office. Had you paid for insurance for the parcel you would still have to go to the post office to file your claim

Send the seller some photos, if he doesn't refund you then Paypal will tell you to send it back by trackable post and it must be shown that he has received it before they will issue your refund

The seller is not obliged to refund you the cost of returning it back and to be honest with your attitude I wouldn't refund you either, try and be polite and maybe you and the seller can come to a agreement

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 1

The glass face of the clock was covered with 2 layers of bubble wrap and soft card board.

Any tip and the glass would be broken without a mark on the packaging.

Which is what happened.The packaging was a joke.

Does the seller have a way to give me a bad review if I give him one.

My attitude may sound bad in print but it's not like that.

It's just that I would prefer to loose the money rather than post the item back

and spend more money doing so.

If you saw how ridiculus the packaging was you would think the same.It's a wonder how he got it to the post office without breaking it.

If the seller is not responding, open a case with Paypal. Document it with photos. If a glass item was not properly packed, you may get somewhere. If you're not willing to return it, the odds are against you, but you have nothing to lose by fighting it out. Sometimes an unscrupulous seller will stall around hoping you will lose interest and give up. If you truly believe you have been wronged, plead your case.

Yes, the seller can give you negative feedback as a buyer, but I would not post any reviews or comments until you have thoroughly negotiated with the seller and Paypal.

I'm kind of surprised that everybody is ragging about your attitude. If I received a fragile item that was broken to bits, I wouldn't be happy either.

If the seller is not responding, open a case with Paypal. Document it with photos. If a glass item was not properly packed, you may get somewhere. If you're not willing to return it, the odds are against you, but you have nothing to lose by fighting it out. Sometimes an unscrupulous seller will stall around hoping you will lose interest and give up. If you truly believe you have been wronged, plead your case.

Yes, the seller can give you negative feedback as a buyer, but I would not post any reviews or comments until you have thoroughly negotiated with the seller and Paypal.

I'm kind of surprised that everybody is ragging about your attitude. If I received a fragile item that was broken to bits, I wouldn't be happy either.

If the OP bought the item on ebay the seller CANNOT give him a negative feedback, ebay stopped sellers from giving buyers negatives a long time ago

OP if you don't want to return it then that's your choice but I wouldn't refund you until you returned it or we came to a polite agreement, personally I would refund you following photo proof however if you talked to me in a rude way I wouldn't just out of principle

Try and work things out with the seller, most are happy to help if the conversation is polite

Shitty attitude, its not the sellers fault. I Agree you may find it inconvenient but that's a risk you take buyng by mail order.

I think you are being totally unreasonable.Take photo's of the item in its damaged state and email them to him and ask him what he wants to do, either replace it or refund it. If you dont have photos as far as any seller is concerned you may be trying to scam him.

Show the proof and work with the seller to achieve an amicable result.

I'd say it was the seller's fault for not packing it better, and I'm a seller myself...

I have been defrauded by a few customers paying by Paypal when I didn't send by signed delivery. Paypal provides no protection for sellers if they don't deliver this way. We refund unhappy customers, as we are not in business to screw people. The goal is to minimize unhappy customers, and in turn, minimize refunds.

• Like 1

Ebay sellers can post replies in a negative manner to a buyer who gives them negative feedback. Just read the profiles. Same, same, only different.

Sellers can only give buyers positive feedback, they can write whatever they want but if the buyer is not happy with the comments then they can report the comment and ebay will remove if if they agree it is a bad comment and the seller will get a warning

The only thing you can easily do is to give the seller a bad rating and list in the verbiage the reason for the bad rating but to be perfectly honest with you, the seller has offered to send you another item so you really have no recourse

What more can you really expect. It surely isn't his fault that you live so far from a post office. Had you paid for insurance for the parcel you would still have to go to the post office to file your claim

The receiver does not file a claim that is the responsibility of the sender.

take pictures of all..original packing, everything...to plead your case.

Tell PayPal to halt payment. Or challenge the charge to your credit card. I did this..challenging PayPal.

The suspended my account, so what? Open another.

I ordered a manual for a Honda motorcycle and it was stolen out of my mail box. Delivery is not complete

unless it is in buyer's hands.

Sorry, but that's the rules. I would not pay for a busted clock.

Why even have a working one?

He has just wrote to me saying.

If I rell him WHEN I will send the clock back

he will return the money.

Nice to see some people agreeing with me on the packaging.

If you can picture a 13 inch circle of thin glass covered in bubble wrap

and soft cardboard you could tell that it probably broke before it left

his local post office in Isreal.

I think I will stil tell him I will not send the clock back even though if I lied I would get my

money back.This is'nt about the money for me.I can take an 850bt hit but I'm not

going to re wrap it up and go down to the post office and put my hand in my

pocket again.

take pictures of all..original packing, everything...to plead your case.

Tell PayPal to halt payment. Or challenge the charge to your credit card. I did this..challenging PayPal.

The suspended my account, so what? Open another.

I ordered a manual for a Honda motorcycle and it was stolen out of my mail box. Delivery is not complete

unless it is in buyer's hands.

Sorry, but that's the rules. I would not pay for a busted clock.

Why even have a working one?

It is true delivery is not complete until it is in the buyers hands, however you have still made a fraudulent claim as you know the manual was stolen from your mailbox, your mailbox security is YOUR responsibility not the sellers who has done everything right

You have been totally dishonest in making a claim and it is buyers like you who should be kicked off the ebay site

I think I will stil tell him I will not send the clock back even though if I lied I would get my

money back.This is'nt about the money for me.I can take an 850bt hit but I'm not

pocket again.

I wouldn't send it back myself.

going to the post office, wasting time, paying for shipping back to Israel for a "chance" that you would get a petty refund is totally not worth it

what I would do is claim with paypal with pictures of the broken clock and packaging (if you still have the packaging)

there is no point really in sending a broken clock to him, what is he going to do.. magically fix it? he might as well ship you a new one or refund

pocket again.

I wouldn't send it back myself.

going to the post office, wasting time, paying for shipping back to Israel for a "chance" that you would get a petty refund is totally not worth it

what I would do is claim with paypal with pictures of the broken clock and packaging (if you still have the packaging)

there is no point really in sending a broken clock to him, what is he going to do.. magically fix it? he might as well ship you a new one or refund

Paypal and ebay's rules are that it must be shipped back before a refund can be issued, the OP can upload photos to the Paypal dispute if he wants, Paypal will agree in his favour and tell him to return it to the seller

I sympathize with the OP here it is not his fault the clock has arrived broken but he has 2 choices, send it back and try and get the seller to pay the return postage (If I was the seller I would do this) or don't send it back and leave whatever feedback he wants and move on

Edited by darrendsd

Wrong! it was wrapped with 4 folds of hard bubbles in addition to carton. Anyhow its not your fault or our fault. It is damaged in transition and this is the situation. I told you before that I'll make full refund of your payment. All you have to do is to take it back to the post office and return to sender as damaged parcel. They will return it at no charge and you will lose nothing. I hope its clear now. Please inform me when you are going to return it and thank you.

This was his latest reply........The carton he's referring to was soft.

He's also being a lot less polite than I am in my emails to him.

I think I will tel him to do what he likes but if he doesn't return my money I will

have to leave feedback saying that the item comes wrapped in 4 folds of bubble wrap

and soft carton.

Wrong! it was wrapped with 4 folds of hard bubbles in addition to carton. Anyhow its not your fault or our fault. It is damaged in transition and this is the situation. I told you before that I'll make full refund of your payment. All you have to do is to take it back to the post office and return to sender as damaged parcel. They will return it at no charge and you will lose nothing. I hope its clear now. Please inform me when you are going to return it and thank you.

This was his latest reply........The carton he's referring to was soft.

He's also being a lot less polite than I am in my emails to him.

I think I will tel him to do what he likes but if he doesn't return my money I will

have to leave feedback saying that the item comes wrapped in 4 folds of bubble wrap

and soft carton.

Jeez man just send it back and quit whining,